Flight Simulator

h90

just boring at the moment and I remember an old idea....

I have an Athlon XP 2500, I GB ram

FX (or something like that) 5200, 128 MB Graphikcard, 2 monitor

Which Flight simulator would be good for that system?

Should be as authentic as possible

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 as far as I'm concerned is the best. I'm a licensed pilot and the accuracy is remarkable. I use it for instrument flight practice and just for fun. I believe in November the newest version will be coming out - Flight Simulator X which I am looking forward to.

Your system can run it without any problems. The resolution is adjustable but I was able to run it full features on under a P4-2.6GHz, 512MB memory and 128MB video with no problem.

http://www.fsplanet.com/fsplanet_com_fsx.htm

Edited by tywais

FS2004 but not the new FSX. Download the latest driver for Nvidia from GURU3D.COM, you will need them!

I downloaded FS-X Demo from Microsoftand. I have Dualcore AMD, PCI-Xpress with 512 MB, 3 GB Ram and the running wasn't that good!!

FS2004 is ok!.

What you like? Passenger Aircraft, GA, Military or Glider?

I'm a real pilot and use F-Sim as well. May I can give you more tips but I need to know which kind of F-Sim you want!

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 as far as I'm concerned is the best. I'm a licensed pilot and the accuracy is remarkable. I use it for instrument flight practice and just for fun. I believe in November the newest version will be coming out - Flight Simulator X which I am looking forward to.

Your system can run it without any problems. The resolution is adjustable but I was able to run it full features on under a P4-2.6GHz, 512MB memory and 128MB video with no problem.

http://www.fsplanet.com/fsplanet_com_fsx.htm

According to MS, FS-X should be released at October 1. 2006 and will need a lot of more hardware than FS2004. Even Hard disk should be SATA 2!

According to MS, FS-X should be released at October 1. 2006 and will need a lot of more hardware than FS2004. Even Hard disk should be SATA 2!

I'm ready for it. AMD Dual Core 3800+, 2GB Corsair Memory, 500GB SATAII disk drive, 256MB Nvidia GEForce 6600GT Extreme, ... :o Just have to find a place that will except on-line orders. I suspect that much lower platforms can play it but have to set some features and resolutions lower. Also, would be nice to get some "good" controls for it.

Edited by tywais

FS2004 but not the new FSX. Download the latest driver for Nvidia from GURU3D.COM, you will need them!

I downloaded FS-X Demo from Microsoftand. I have Dualcore AMD, PCI-Xpress with 512 MB, 3 GB Ram and the running wasn't that good!!

FS2004 is ok!.

What you like? Passenger Aircraft, GA, Military or Glider?

I'm a real pilot and use F-Sim as well. May I can give you more tips but I need to know which kind of F-Sim you want!

well ages ago my friend had a flight simulator, of course we never read anything and he just could not lift off with a big airplain (Boeing but which one???)

I knew first activate the brakes, give full speed, release the brakes and you can go. I could really bring a hugh bird into air. I got a lot of warnings of what is wrong, but keeping full on the engines is always good. I went up, fly a nice bow than I crashed......

that was the moment I thought I should learn a bit about it, just for fun the basics.

Now I have the time.......

I'm ready for it. AMD Dual Core 3800+, 2GB Corsair Memory, 500GB SATAII disk drive, 256MB Nvidia GEForce 6600GT Extreme, ... :D Just have to find a place that will except on-line orders. I suspect that much lower platforms can play it but have to set some features and resolutions lower. Also, would be nice to get some "good" controls for it.

You know, as I remember in 2003 I want to buy the 2004 version when came on the market: NOT POSSIBLE TO GET A ORIGINAL IN THAILAND!! I called MS Thailand ask for the FS and got the answer: Not available in Thailand Sir! Bought from the USA and use until today. Same may be happens with the FS-X again?! Who knows?! Under this circumstances MS must not wonder if the users in Thailand use "original" copies :o only!! :D:D

You should also taka a look at Silient Wings and XPlane 8!

I also use the SFSPC because I like glider and soaring! The SFSPC Scenery of germany I know very well from my own time in germany with more than 2270 h.

I started with 14 years of age, got my PPL-C at 17 , PPL-B at 18 in Germany and PPL single land at 27 in Australia. Later VFR Night, IFR, single Water and Multi Land.

If you want to know more about SFSPC, send me a PM.

I'm ready for it. AMD Dual Core 3800+, 2GB Corsair Memory, 500GB SATAII disk drive, 256MB Nvidia GEForce 6600GT Extreme, ... :D Just have to find a place that will except on-line orders. I suspect that much lower platforms can play it but have to set some features and resolutions lower. Also, would be nice to get some "good" controls for it.

You know, as I remember in 2003 I want to buy the 2004 version when came on the market: NOT POSSIBLE TO GET A ORIGINAL IN THAILAND!! I called MS Thailand ask for the FS and got the answer: Not available in Thailand Sir! Bought from the USA and use until today. Same may be happens with the FS-X again?! Who knows?! Under this circumstances MS must not wonder if the users in Thailand use "original" copies :o only!! :D:D

I also use the SFSPC because I like glider and soaring! The SFSPC Scenery of germany I know very well from my own time in germany with more than 2270 h. My complete flight time is much more incl. Thailand.

I started with 14 years of age, got my PPL-C at 17 , PPL-B at 18 in Germany and PPL single land at 27 in Australia. Later VFR Night, IFR, single Water and Multi Land.

I also use the SFSPC because I like glider and soaring! The SFSPC Scenery of germany I know very well from my own time in germany with more than 2270 h. My complete flight time is much more incl. Thailand.

Reimar if you want an Original of anything, just let me know........

I have friends and customer everywhere, they can by an original and send it at cheap shipping costs (no tax) if book than 2 shipments.

I would buy an original if it is OK, just the last games I saw were either so buggy (silent hunter, or you could not register (or close to not) the original (steam register engine).

Hi h90,

thanks a lot for your offer.

I know how to get it anyway but what I would to say is: It's sometime not possible to get the originals in Thailand and the developer should not wonder if the users using "pirated" software! :D:D

I'm in the computer business for a long long time and have my connections, it's just a phone call away!! :o

Anyway, I'm interested in F-Sim's only as games!! It's just because of still can flying a little, even if not real, because I loose my medical 6 years ago about an havy accident (not Aircraft). I can still fly real and I do in thailand, but with "safty" pilot only. So, I fly with my friend only MX7 and Bell 206!

tywais:

take a look at X-Plane 8 with latest updates: YOU WILL BE WONDER IF YOU LIKE ACCURACY!! But to get as much realistic as possible you will need Yoke and Pedals at minimum!

Hi h90,

I know how to get it anyway but what I would to say is: It's sometime not possible to get the originals in Thailand and the developer should not wonder if the users using "pirated" software! :D:D

I'm in the computer business for a long long time and have my connections, it's just a phone call away!! :o

Anyway, I'm interested in F-Sim's only as games!! It's just because of still can flying a little, even if not real, because I loose my medical 6 years ago about an havy accident (not Aircraft). I can still fly real and I do in thailand, but with "safty" pilot only. So, I fly with my friend only MX7 and Bell 206!

tywais:

take a look at X-Plane 8 with latest updates: YOU WILL BE WONDER IF YOU LIKE ACCURACY!! But to get as much realistic as possible you will need Yoke and Pedals at minimum!

leading me to the question what shall I buy for a bit realistic (I guess noone flys with keyboard...)

Hi h90,

tywais:

leading me to the question what shall I buy for a bit realistic (I guess noone flys with keyboard...)

Again: FS 2004! If you want to use the FS-X you will need a new comp but for that, better wait for MS-Vista, seems to be the FS-X run better with Vista than with XP as I tested!! Vista will be available afte January 30. 2007

If you want to start to fly glider, try the demo of SFSPC (is a old version) which is downloadable from: http://www.sfspc.de. Runs in german and english as well. If yo want more inf about htis one, PM me.

I guess you are referring to flight controls. I use a Wingman Joystick but really would like to get a control yoke (like in conventional aircraft) but can not find it in Thailand and even problems trying to find a place to import it from. Even with a joystick the keyboard is still used for some functions (brake, views, etc - lessor used features).

tywais:

That is definitely on my list and hope to be getting a copy soon. :o

I guess you are referring to flight controls. I use a Wingman Joystick but really would like to get a control yoke (like in conventional aircraft) but can not find it in Thailand and even problems trying to find a place to import it from. Even with a joystick the keyboard is still used for some functions (brake, views, etc - lessor used features).

If you can find a control yoke in Europe. My parents come of Oct. 15 and can take it with them....

Reimar: Sorry I wrote not clear, I meant Joystick/pedals or something like that not the software.

Software is clear for me by now.....

Forget MS Flight sims in my opinion handling is pathetic.

If you want PURE realism Get 747-400 Precision simulator. Now that is a real simulator no fancy eye candy etc. but depends what your looking for

or perhaps a little pricey but very good:

Edited by dekka007

I'm ready for it. AMD Dual Core 3800+, 2GB Corsair Memory, 500GB SATAII disk drive, 256MB Nvidia GEForce 6600GT Extreme, ... :o Just have to find a place that will except on-line orders. I suspect that much lower platforms can play it but have to set some features and resolutions lower. Also, would be nice to get some "good" controls for it.

Online orders from www.pcaviator.com.au

Reliable and delivery from USA or Australia

Bapak

Online orders from www.pcaviator.com.au

Reliable and delivery from USA or Australia

Bapak

I ordered once from them and get nolthing else but a copy in a paper box: the original is in a metal box, I mean FS2004. Even the CD's was different!!

MS-FS xxxxxx is still the one with most reliable price, beside of X-Plane.

But with X-Plane, you will need much more investment for "your enviroment" like Yoke, Pedalws, Controlboard and and and!!The rtequierement to use X-Plane with all feature, except the computer and monitor(s), is around 1,000.00 US$.

For MS-FS xxxx is a joystick enough for learning. But it should be a MS Force Feedback II or a Saitek. The Logitech Wingman is a joke!! I had it and give it away after 1 hour try to get it to run with "real" movements!!

For my opinion, a glider simulator is the best one to learn safty take off and landings. You don't have a engine to power up and go around. Learn to be safe in take off and landing at first.

The Air Force with lowest rate of accindents and incidents is the British Royal Air Force because all Pilota are trained and licensed as glider pilots!