PM Prayut says removed officials are not guilty yet

webfact

PM says shunted officials are not guilty yet

20-5-2558-14-07-36-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha pleaded with members of the public not to view the Tuesday’s removal of two permanent secretaries by the cabinet as a proof that they are guilty of wrongdoings of some sort.

In reference to the transfer of natural resources and environment permanent secretary Mingkwan Wichayarangsaridh and ICT permanent secretary Methini Thepamani, the prime minister, however, said that the two officials were in a list of officials under investigation of alleged corruption.

The cabinet on Tuesday also appointed General Vilas Arunsri, secretary-general of the prime minister, to perform an addition duty as the spokesman of the Prime Minister’s Office on an interim basis until there is an official appointment.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-shunted-officials-are-not-guilty-yet

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-20

Interesting last year in July Chote Trachu was transferred and replaced by Mingkwan Wichayarangsaridh and now Mingkwan got transferred as well. She was the deputy of Chote Trachu.

When do they understand that if the big wig gets transferred that the deputy often gets a cut as well.

When will we see speedy prosecution and conviction. So far I only see transfers, inactive posting, removals, quick denial of involvement like the military officer in the human trafficking case, prohibited to press more from generals having excessive wealth. I quess in Thailand there are too much corruption with linkages to powerful people and better to made some noise and then push them aside until all are forgotten. Well except for political enemies which always have prompt attention and speedy conviction.

When will we see speedy prosecution and conviction. So far I only see transfers, inactive posting, removals, quick denial of involvement like the military officer in the human trafficking case, prohibited to press more from generals having excessive wealth. I quess in Thailand there are too much corruption with linkages to powerful people and better to made some noise and then push them aside until all are forgotten. Well except for political enemies which always have prompt attention and speedy conviction.

Patience Eric, patience. Remember it is a virtue,

Now, there seems to be many police, civil servants, moved out their posts to they can't influence and interfere with the investigations into their activities. A great many.

And how often did that happen under the previous regime? More likely the question then would have been "where's our cut?"

inactive post the biggest employer in Thailand...... Huuuuuuge offices !!!

where someone stays to the fuss has gone away and they can go back to their job again...

After hey have said sorry off course TIT

wai2.gif

Now, there seems to be many police, civil servants, moved out their posts to they can't influence and interfere with the investigations into their activities. A great many.

And how often did that happen under the previous regime? More likely the question then would have been "where's our cut?"

How often did it happen under any regime, civilian or military Govt in the history of the country? The people in charge now are very much the same as those previously.

Until i see a senior police or military official charged, prosecuted and sentenced to jail time, I am skeptical. I am conveniently ignoring Pongpat for obvious reasons.

Not that it is a bad thing, but it is obviously far easier for action to be taken now than previously, but they are probably coming unstuck as every bugger they try to arrest/charge has been passing the doe up the line to someone currently in position of power, or they at least have dirt on them.

In the world of Thai politics it must be nigh on impossible to find a big cheese who they can make a show of without them squealing about others.

This is an inactive post. Though there was activity in creating this inactive post there is nothing active in this post. Hence: it is inactive. When you read it it just sits there and does nothing. We have a lot of inactive posts from inactive posters here on T.V. which is not at all dissimilar to the Thai government. You say a lot and then there is no activity.

I would love to see an inactive post. What does it look like?

A desk and a computer for gaming and lining?

Inactive means doing nothing.

I wonder.

This question has been asked before and I have tried to help. For your edification, here are some examples of inactive posts.

post-9891-0-74471400-1432126210_thumb.jppost-9891-0-89409800-1432126209_thumb.jppost-9891-0-54138600-1432126311_thumb.pn

I would love to see an inactive post. What does it look like?

A desk and a computer for gaming and lining?

Inactive means doing nothing.

I wonder.

This question has been asked before and I have tried to help. For your edification, here are some examples of inactive posts.

attachicon.gifip2.jpgattachicon.gifip.jpgattachicon.gifSleeping-in-Meeting.png

I could suggest a creative use for the inactive post in your middle photo wink.png

How often did it happen under any regime, civilian or military Govt in the history of the country? The people in charge now are very much the same as those previously.

Until i see a senior police or military official charged, prosecuted and sentenced to jail time, I am skeptical. I am conveniently ignoring Pongpat for obvious reasons.

Not that it is a bad thing, but it is obviously far easier for action to be taken now than previously, but they are probably coming unstuck as every bugger they try to arrest/charge has been passing the doe up the line to someone currently in position of power, or they at least have dirt on them.

In the world of Thai politics it must be nigh on impossible to find a big cheese who they can make a show of without them squealing about others.

Indeed we shall have to see how far these cases all progress. Similarly the cases involving Yingluck, Tarit, the rice scheme G2G guys, Abhisit, Suthep, the on bail red duo, and any others.

Drawing a relationship and network chart of all the leading Thai politicians, civil servants, police, military, bankers and business men would make most interesting reading. But, I'll bet would be hellish complex!

Incestuous nepotism and cronyism in it's most advanced form.

Some very good points.

Institionalized corruption in Thailand is a mega bucks business and has been for years and years.

The list of suspect officials and multiple inactive post transfers are all necessary to allow the current junta to reposition the money trough.

Has no one noticed that over the last year the army has extended its reach into every corner of what constitutes Thailand? And all done in the name of reconciliation and the rebuilding of democracy.

Really?

And absolutely nothing to do with the vast amounts of corruption money to be made, right?

I may ask my employer for an inactive post. I'm sure he'd say "Sure.....you're fired! Goodbye!" Inactive posts...uniquely Thai and totally stupid to any outsider. But farang nothing....

Edited by jerojero