Where to find a miter box in Chiang Mai?

grin

I'm looking for a miter box, preferably without a saw.

If anyone has seen a nice adjustable miter box including a saw I might go for the whole thing.

Otherwise a cheap wood or even plastic miter box with the normal slots would be fine.

I know I could build my own but I have a little project that I need to complete in the next couple of days.

Grin

HomePro, Nana Screw, the place on the corner of the SuperHighway just off Chotana Rd., Global House...

I've seen the expensive adjustable-angle boxes as well as the simple wooden 2-angle cheap ones. Not a difficult item to find.

I've used the plastic one shown above. It's just a cut above useless. If you are in need of precision cuts, forget this model. There's too much tolerance between the grooves in the miter box and the blade of the saw.

Buy a chop saw,perfect cuts every time

Indeed but you need to weigh up thr economics of spending upwards of 5k for making a picture frame against preparing and fixing 16 sets of architrave.

Just remember if its coving you want to mitre you need a curved template the box will make a disaster of it.

I used the like the adjustable mitre saws portable and very accurate and cheapish but not seen thrm here

Who uses mitres in Thailand, that's like putting drop sheets down before painting

Us mere western mortals do because we appreciate a quality and tidy finish to everything.

Plus the fact that we have lived with wood and built with wood.

Thais and wood is a luxury they can ill afford.

Edited by eyecatcher

I saw an orange plastic miter box that came with a saw some time ago in Nana Screw. I should have at least checked out how well the saw fit the box at the time but didn't think of it. I checked back a couple of times in the last week to see if they have restocked it but not yet.

I went to the usual places like Global House, Home Pro and Home Mart last weekend but no luck. Sometimes you just have to get lucky on the timing. Figuring that I could easily have missed an obvious spot I posted this topic in the hope that someone had seen one recently.

I'll probably make the rounds again tomorrow.

Grin