Are extensions of stay family reason, limited per year?

I had to recognize, that at least in the Immigration Udon Thani, the officials try to limit the Extensions of stay,

I get, for having children in Thailand and living with them, providing for them.

Instead,

of extensions on 30 day or 14 day Visa free entries,

or Extensions on Non Immigrant -O- visa,

I am advised, I should make another Non Immigrant -O-,

or more liked from the young officials and I am more than once advised to do that,

extend my stay with a One year extension of stay.

That is also a money problem than, that solution.rolleyes.gif

The last two times, I made such extensions of stay, some "soup" (tea) money helped to get that extension.

From older rank once demanded and a extra bank note now at other time friendly, speechless accepted.

Younger rank seemed to be willing to decline, the extension and any money and point to older rank.

So, is there a official limit of such extensions -60 days- i am allowed to do in a year?whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

There is no limit on the number of 60 day extensions to visit a Thai family over any amount of time. The only limit is one per entry.

See clause 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

Thank you - so

"2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:

Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days."
Possibly some Immigration offices understand that "one time" means "one time" in the year?
Or, "once in a lifetime"?
How can that above "one time" be explained, "one time" per visit to Thailand?
So, why the Udon Thani immigration office understands that differently?
and
"2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.
(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)."
So, I was sometime asked, how long I would like my extension to be, but was never offered more than 60 days, also did not ask for more, as I did not know from =up to a year= possibility.
Instead, i was sometimes offered only 30 days extension, also with proof of birth certificate ect.
Offers which i declined and always got my 60 days, but never more.whistling.gif

if we take double tourist entry can we do 60 days extension after the first 60 day? and again 60 days extension on the 2 entry ?

You could but your visas enter before date would have to be greater than 3 months (6 months) from when it was issued or you would loose your 2nd entry.

There is no limit on the number of 60 day extensions to visit a Thai family over any amount of time. The only limit is one per entry.

Thank you - so

Possibly some Immigration offices understand that "one time" means "one time" in the year?
and
"2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children):
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.
(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)."
So, I was sometime asked, how long I would like my extension to be, but was never offered more than 60 days, also did not ask for more, as I did not know from =up to a year= possibility.
Instead, i was sometimes offered only 30 days extension, also with proof of birth certificate ect.
Offers which i declined and always got my 60 days, but never more.whistling.gif

It means only one time per entry For example you can enter on a multiple entry non-o visa get the 60 day extension and then go out and return for a new 90 day entry and extend it for 60 days.

The extension under 2.18 is possible if you are the legal father of your children and can show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Thank you - so

It means only one time per entry For example you can enter on a multiple entry non-o visa get the 60 day extension and then go out and return for a new 90 day entry and extend it for 60 days.

The extension under 2.18 is possible if you are the legal father of your children and can show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

That office says, "only one time" Whatever that specific means.

On the other hand, for the extensions -

I get, got that extensions also after a 14 or 30 day Visa free entry to TH.
Not only on top of Non Immigarnt -O- Visa.
BUT, the Udon Immigration office is always in opposition to give me such 60 day extensions!
Why? blink.png
Edited by ALFREDO

Thank you - so

That office says, "only one time" Whatever that specific means.

On the other hand, for the extensions -

I get, got that extensions also after 30 day Visa free entry to TH.
Not only on top of Non Immigarnt -O- Visa.
BUT, the Udon Immigration office is always in opposition to give me such 60 day extensions!
Why? blink.png

Maybe they think it is time for you to obtain a "proper" visa ? coffee1.gif

Maybe they think it is time for you to obtain a "proper" visa ? coffee1.gif

And which one would that be? whistling.gif I make sometimes a Non Immigrant -O- but always? rolleyes.gif

Is it necessary,

that I use my money up to drive to Vientiane, = a return trip of 280 km trip to the border for me.

give my money to the Lao Immigration border,

to Lao Taxi drivers,

Lao Hotels,

Lao Restaurants.

When I could better use that money and that time with and for my children?

Than pay money to the Thai Immigration, for a Non Immigrant -O- that money I could also pay for an extension in Udon Immigration, no?

That all above helps only the Lao cashier.

Reading your sentence - you seem to have already the Thai logic. lol tongue.png

Until recently, I did not have the financial possibility to make a 1 year extension. sad.png

Edited by ALFREDO

If you are the legal father of your children you could possibly of already gotten a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. You would just need to have your family with you when you apply to prove you are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

If you that financial proof and are the legal father of your children you should get a single entry non-o visa and apply for the one year extension.

• Like 1

What paperwork is required for an year Extension to look after a child. Is it easier to get than a retirement extension other than the money reqirement

An extension of stay base upon being the parent of Thai would require a lot more documents and etc plus their will be a 30 day under consideration period.

You would need to be legal father of you child by way of marriage (divorced) or legitimization of your parenthood.

Birth certificate and house book of the child. Photos in an around the house. Plus other documents that may be required by your local immigration office.

What paperwork is required for an year Extension to look after a child. Is it easier to get than a retirement extension other than the money reqirement

An extension of stay base upon being the parent of Thai would require a lot more documents and etc plus their will be a 30 day under consideration period.

You would need to be legal father of you child by way of marriage (divorced) or legitimization of your parenthood.

Birth certificate and house book of the child. Photos in an around the house. Plus other documents that may be required by your local immigration office.

Thank you for your reply I think that I will stick to a Retirement Extension

If you are the legal father of your children you could possibly of already gotten a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. You would just need to have your family with you when you apply to prove you are living together as a family (de facto marriage).

If you that financial proof and are the legal father of your children you should get a single entry non-o visa and apply for the one year extension.

"If you are the legal father of your children you could possibly of already gotten a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet. You would just need to have your family with you when you apply"

I will try that, in 1,5 month my last extension runs out.

After that, I will try to follow the 400.000 Baht way, if the money is still available.

STILL, unclear,

if there are no really restrictions to get after any entry to TH a possble 2 month extension for living

and providing for my Thai children, why tries the Udon Thani Immigration to limit such extensions for me?

blink.png

Also, I got them most times with the help of some overpay. rolleyes.gif

No wonder, some, or more people go to the VISA-legal offices who help, against a hefty sum.

But no more dicussions in Immigration for nothing. whistling.gif

Udon is not following the written rules. Of course for some things are at the discretion to the immigration officer. This should not be one of them though.

Perhaps you are to familiar to them and they are aware you have gotten several of the 60 day extensions in the past.

You might not have such a big problem if you were to go to Vientiane for a single entry non-o visa and then do the extension.

You could call 1111 and complain about it.

• Like 1

Udon is not following the written rules.

"You might not have such a big problem if you were to go to Vientiane for a single entry non-o visa and then do the extension."

I do that to, I mixed it in the past.

Non Immigrant O, than an extension, than a border run and on top of these 14 days or one month Visa free entry one more extension, than a Non Immigrant O and so on.

+ most times, 2, or max 3 estensions in a year.

Thank you for the telephone number.wink.png

You do know if you do your extension of stay for a year and do that for 3 years in a row, you can then file for residency. Once that is achieved you won't need to worry about visa's anymore.

Only if you are working with a work permit and paying taxes for those 3 years.

• Like 1

You do know if you do your extension of stay for a year and do that for 3 years in a row, you can then file for residency. Once that is achieved you won't need to worry about visa's anymore.

No, for example, in order to get an extension of stay based on marriage you either need 400,000฿ in the bank or show proof of AN income of 40,000฿ a month. The income doesn't necessarily need to be from working or that would be stated. It simply says A income.

No, for example, in order to get an extension of stay based on marriage you either need 400,000฿ in the bank or show proof of AN income of 40,000฿ a month. The income doesn't necessarily need to be from working or that would be stated. It simply says A income.

That may be what the ministerial regulation says but in reality they will not accept your application unless you are working.

Have a look at the required documents here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf