No more Certificate of Residence from Korat immigration?

In the last few days I've heard of 2 people being told by Korat Immigration that they no longer provide Certificates of Residence. They say it's a new "regulation".

That suggest that it also applies to other Immigration offices!

This has only happened in the last couple of days. One week ago they were still available.

Has anyone else had this experience at Korat or other immigration offices?

So it seems like it may be not just Korat then.

Personally I don't need one for another 4 years when I renew my driving licence, but there are others who need one more often for other reasons..

I've just heard from a Swiss friend who went today in Korat for a residence letter to support continuance of his Swiss pension which has to be done annually. Initially he was refused but after a long discussion they reluctantly agreed to do it, but stated that there would be no more!

Kap Choeng have taken this stance for the last 2 weeks.

That is a bit surprising as Korat is the HQ for Kap Choeng, so the HQ is slower following the rules then it's subordinates;)

Any members who know of an alternative?

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

Alternatively try to get your own Tabian Ban and you'll never need a C of R again.

TambienBaan can fix it for driving licence but if you need a confirmation of residency for your home country (e.g. pension, banks etc.) you cannot use the TambienBaan.

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

Alternatively try to get your own Tabian Ban and you'll never need a C of R again.

TambienBaan can fix it for driving licence but if you need a confirmation of residency for your home country (e.g. pension, banks etc.) you cannot use the TambienBaan.

@andre47

Sorry but I do not agree. I have just used a Translated copy of my Tabien Baan for a UK Government office and an offshore Pension company. I concede that I sent them a link so that they could read exactly what the book is, but both accepted the translation.

Kap Choeng have taken this stance for the last 2 weeks.

That is a bit surprising as Korat is the HQ for Kap Choeng, so the HQ is slower following the rules then it's subordinates;)

Could just be the timing of reports on here - I suspect that the implementation was coordinated.

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

You can use it for passport applications (translated) and I imagine that the DWP would cooperate - they are usually helpful. I can't see when confirmation of a Thai address would be needed for a bank.

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

sorry incorrect information i have used my yellow book for all the eg you list

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

This could be an issue. I needed this to proceed on to obtaining a yellow book.

I wonder where this is headed.

I think you can work round it with:-

a) A Poo Yai Baan

b ) Money

Edited by Jip99

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

It is a long ways to travel to any embassy from Korat.

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

It is a long ways to travel to any embassy from Korat.

Further from Kap Choeng .

• Like 1

"Yellow Housebook" =Tabian Ban from your local Ampher.

At minimal costs.

Must bring translation in Thai from your passport. In my case translation did NOT need verification from MFA in BKK.

Edited by Khunangkaro

Local Police Station.

Your Embassy.

Local Amphur.

Not true. Some places will say no.

Yes, I've head of some cases where the DLT in Banglamung wouldn't accept the Yellow Tabien Ban. They only wanted the letter of residence from the Chonburi Immigration Office in Jomtien.

Has any reason been given why they have stopped issuing them Bill?

Is any alternative offered?

I have only had one in the past, that was for the driving license. Wonder what it is about and what is to be implemented now.

Has any reason been given why they have stopped issuing them Bill?

Is any alternative offered?

I have only had one in the past, that was for the driving license. Wonder what it is about and what is to be implemented now.

Maybe because of (just guessing here)

- Foreigners complaining about the price when it should be free

- They want that all foreigners get a Yellow House Book

- Too much workload

Etc etc

Edit: Same here, only needed one for driving license but that C-R was easy to get.

Edited by MJCM

They have simply decided to stop doing something they are not required to do. There is no official fee or numbered form for it.

There are other offices that do not do them.

But many offices were earning 500 Baht (or more) a time.

Tea money will be down.

• Like 1

They have simply decided to stop doing something they are not required to do. There is no official fee or numbered form for it.

There are other offices that do not do them.

We certainly would not want them to do anything they were not required to do, even if they charged 500 baht each time they did it and they provided a valued customer service. Edited by SpokaneAl

So how to fill the requirement upon driving license now?

My name is entered into my wife's Tambian Bahn, as being father to our children. Would this do?

Perhaps you could get a yellow house book. Your name in the house book would not be enough because it does not say you are living there.

A letter from your embassy would be accepted.

Some people say a police station or the Amphoe will do one but the chances of that happening are slim.

If you were here in Ubon the drivers license office gives you a form that the tourist police stamp for you.

If enough people complain to their Embassies they might seek official clarification, causing a U turn.

HTH

I will certainly do that since I am not gonna go from CM to BKK just to get a C of R ... Then I´d rather not renew my DR ... it will be cheaper in the long run

• Like 2