No more Certificate of Residence from Korat immigration?

And just when you think thailand is making progress with on line reporting,which I easily completed this week,they take a step back.... Anyone think there will be joined up thinking whereby DLT office no longer insists on this CR which in most cases will now not be possible to get? We asked our amphoe in phimai about a yellow book a while ago which involved so much traveling ,expense and effort as to make it not worth it. So where realistically do we go from here. ?Fortunately I'm not going to need one for some time until my 1 year licence expires so hope something emerges in the meantime.

• Like 2

If enough people complain to their Embassies they might seek official clarification, causing a U turn.

HTH

It's about as likely as rocking horse sh.y.te

Edited by mxyzptlk

So how to fill the requirement upon driving license now?

My name is entered into my wife's Tambian Bahn, as being father to our children. Would this do?

Try your areas main Police station.

My name is entered into my wife's Tambian Bahn, as being father to our children. Would this do?

Perhaps you could get a yellow house book. Your name in the house book would not be enough because it does not say you are living there.

A letter from your embassy would be accepted.

Some people say a police station or the Amphoe will do one but the chances of that happening are slim.

If you were here in Ubon the drivers license office gives you a form that the tourist police stamp for you.

I guess it depends on where you live.

In Buriram, the Police are only too happy to issue one.

Last time I got a 5 year DL, our lass phoned the DVLC @ Nang Rong and they said they would only accept a C of R from immigration and not from the Police, but since then I have read that others have been OK with a letter from the police...same old story, depends on your DVLC and indeed the officer you deal with on the day....like most government offices....the only thing that is consistent in Thailand is that there is NO CONSISTENCY.....LOL

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

Perhaps you could get a yellow house book. Your name in the house book would not be enough because it does not say you are living there.

Some people say a police station or the Amphoe will do one but the chances of that happening are slim.

If you were here in Ubon the drivers license office gives you a form that the tourist police stamp for you.

I guess it depends on where you live.

In Buriram, the Police are only too happy to issue one.

Free to 1000 baht. And some were !@#$%@#$ about no receipt and 500 baht.tongue.png

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text
  • Like 1

As most embassies are in Bangkok and expensive,what a joke.What happens as in my case,local amphur said i must be married to get yellow book.