PEA blames third-party techs for Pattaya wiring problems

Rimmer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are gradually changing. Starting from Sukhumvit, Bangkok, cables/wirings are going underground. I think they are going to begin the work around the end of this month.

Wireless will not get rid of cables. High security links have to use cables. trouble with wireless or radio systems is fade. Also of course there is a limit to te frequency and bandwidth availability no matter what system you use. I guess we are stuck with it for the forseeable future

Absolute crock of shi..... T. Money talks ,no planning ,no bye laws, nobody paid to check up, and if there were they would be bought, third world and corruption visible on every street corner. Welcome to Los, not to mention pattaya probably the largest brothel in the world, but hey as one M P said there are no prostitues in Pattaya because it's illegal, the big joke here is of course it was a respected official of the government who said this so it must be true. Wires who cares.?

Why dont they lay the cables in the ground like most western countries ?

Do you actually live in Thailand?

It is hard to believe.

Please go to a construction site and look at the level of the water table.

Now, add a monsoon to that ...

But really, do you live in the Kingdom?

What a stupid response ,the reality is laying cables underground costs around a million baht per kilometer , as from the governments figures, water has nothing to do with it, do you think it never. Rains in Seattle or Manchester, stop trying to be smart when you are not

The water table has absolutely nothing to do with it. They put a SUBWAY underground didn't they? They strictly don't want to spend the money. The cable companies should have been required to put the cables underground as part of their contract to service a city.

Why dont they lay the cables in the ground like most western countries ?

Do you actually live in Thailand?

It is hard to believe.

Please go to a construction site and look at the level of the water table.

Now, add a monsoon to that ...

But really, do you live in the Kingdom?

What a stupid response ,the reality is laying cables underground costs around a million baht per kilometer , as from the governments figures, water has nothing to do with it, do you think it never. Rains in Seattle or Manchester, stop trying to be smart when you are not

It isnt very much to do with rain but the height above sea level and seepage that causes the problems

Enough with this water table nonsense! As I said before, they put an entire subway underground in BKK and the city sits about 2 inches above sea level--and is sinking to boot. In Pattaya, they put the electrical wires underground on Jomtien Second Road--just 2 blocks from the beach. It can be done. No, its only the cost stopping it, not the water table.

A post has been removed please see the following rule that you agreed to when you signed up to Thai Visa:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

PEA will have all the work permits and completion certificates for each cable so it would not be very difficult for them to sort out the mess and get the appropriate company to rectify any cable location that does not meet their stringent safety regulations regarding safe height and voltage location etc, for each cable.

a lot of people saying they dont want to spend money fixing this. personally I hope they dont bother fixing it. the cost will be passed on to internet users and I dont care about bunches of wire everywhere, i quite like them in fact, not really sure why people are getting up tight about it

When will these (local) "authorities" fools finally realize that their constant pathetic excuses make themselves only look even worse?
When will they learn that their ignorance isn't any indication of any strength and everybody can see that their ignorance is only surpassed by their incompetence?
When will they learn that they also lose face by confessing their incompetence?... Even if they smirk and blame others for their own shorcomings? Just look at the picture in the OP. "Don't blame me. I'm also as shocked... and well entertained as you are."
When will these court jesters finally learn to learn something? Anything?

PS: Tax money well spent.

Edited by Andreas2