what browser

h90

Oftentimes it is not that the browser is "slow", but it is the content being delivered by the websites (that you visit) that are the problem. Too many display unnecessary videos and animated crapola as eye-candy. Of course, it could be your Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is too blame; they may be slowing down the delivery rate of data.

My recommendation is to procure a new laptop with at least an I5 processor (or better/equivalent). RAM is good too... say around 8GB. If that doesn't solve your problem, then it is definitely your ISP.

Oftentimes it is not that the browser is "slow", but it is the content being delivered by the websites (that you visit) that are the problem. Too many display unnecessary videos and animated crapola as eye-candy. Of course, it could be your Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is too blame; they may be slowing down the delivery rate of data.

My recommendation is to procure a new laptop with at least an I5 processor (or better/equivalent). RAM is good too... say around 8GB. If that doesn't solve your problem, then it is definitely your ISP.

Don't buy new laptop now, wait for Skylake ...

just my opinion.

It didn't read the entire Wiki article about Skylake, but being that it is new, one could assume that initial cost would be high, and that the I3/I5/I7 family would decrease in value.

When it comes to old computers (including laptops), it is hard to tell if internet browsing slowness is due to the hardware, or due to the ISP providing the data.

A super-fancy CPU may not do jack if it is the ISP that is to blame.

It didn't read the entire Wiki article about Skylake, but being that it is new, one could assume that initial cost would be high, and that the I3/I5/I7 family would decrease in value.

When it comes to old computers (including laptops), it is hard to tell if internet browsing slowness is due to the hardware, or due to the ISP providing the data.

Skylake should be here in September 2015. For notebooks there will be Skylake-Y.

It's 14 nm architecture, ~30% more energy efficient, Intel even claims 60%, but I wouldn't believe that

Instruction set will be probably the same as in Haswell and Broadwell.

One of the most important features is hardware acceleration for UHD video h.265/HEVC, including 60 FPS, 10 bit

Frequencies: same as Haswell, but there should be huge increase of CPI

numbers of cores: 2 or 4

Price: unknown

How fast is Firefox has nothing to do with CPU, that's true

Common user use 1% of cpu, 99% of time

Skylake should be here in September 2015. For notebooks there will be Skylake-Y.

It's 14 nm architecture, ~30% more energy efficient, Intel even claims 60%, but I wouldn't believe that

One of the most important features is hardware acceleration for UHD video h.265/HEVC, including 60 FPS, 10 bit

On that last statement, you are 100% correct.

When filling out some forms or posting something the written things on the screen are shown several seconds after I typed it. Specially on webpages with lots of promotions. Generally I want to use this laptop till at least the next generation of laptops come, which will be Skylake. And I don't need the laptop often. Only when out of the office

driving 100 miles per hour to a closed door.......then you have to wait for the door to open.....

no matter how fast your computer is , the roadblocks are the Internet speed and the website you are going to

How does this computer doing tasks that are not hooked up to the internet ?

Photoshop type images etc ?

driving 100 miles per hour to a closed door.......then you have to wait for the door to open.....

no matter how fast your computer is , the roadblocks are the Internet speed and the website you are going to

Slow, everything

Centrino 1.4 Ghz

2 GB Ram

Acer Aspire 4810T

Shared memory intel graphic

Slow, everything

Centrino 1.4 Ghz

2 GB Ram

Acer Aspire 4810T

Shared memory intel graphic

For web browsing it should be enough.

What Linux distro do you have?

Check Add-ons in Firefox, what you don't need delete.

I suggest to use ad block plus, maybe no script(get rid of unwanted java script)

Are you using external monitor connected to notebook, lets say 24" QHD display?

By the way, Google has announced few days ago that it's trying to fix memory leaks in Chrome. They are doing some profiling and so on

Whether it will help and when, I don't know.

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/google-working-to-fix-chrome-high-ram-usage/

Archived