AirAsia plane shudders to a halt in Phuket bomb scare

Lite Beer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, crazy lady ....... if found guilty she may face years of jail time & up to 200,000 baht fine.

would guilty be ... that she said she had a bomb in her luggage even though she didn't ? or would it be that she had to be found to actually have it in her luggage to be guilty ?

Just curious .....

If you say you have a bomb in your luggage you are guilty. She deserves to be jailed AND fined.

She's not as silly as u think. She'll split the money with the authorities not to mention other expenses she will get him to pay. Or she's trying to get away from by locking herself or him away.

I suppose he will do half the jail time as well. bah.gifbah.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

“Water can be a bomb, you know,” she reportedly told the attendant.

==========================================

Well obviously she does not teach Chemistry 101.

And the Flight Attendant never took a chemistry course

Absurb statement and an absurb reaction

Whether you can make water from a bomb or not makes no difference.

I can't make a bomb from jelly beans, a paper cup and a origami panda bear either.

But if I say that I can on a plane, or in an airport, then I'd expect they wont react too well to it.

It was nothing to do with the water - it was referencing a bomb - that got that ladies in to trouble

serious question:

what if you have TOURETTE in this country

and cannot control things like that ...

they fined a mentally ill woman recently for insulting some royal banner , no ?

The only "mentally ill" person in the article is the farang partner. biggrin.png

For some reason, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang are the only international airports where I have had liquid containers confiscated.

That's not been my experience. I've had to dump or consume small containers of various things over the years because they apparently exceeded the liquids/gels/etc limits, especially flying out of the U.S., as well as at DM and Swampy here.

I flew with a bottle of After Shave - Bottle full = 120ml, left was it now, 30 ml,

which I always kept in my small (most times) carry on bag only for flight-trips,

I've always been somewhat unclear about that requirement, in terms of it applying to the size of the container(s) or the quantity of the contents. And my sense is it's been enforced differently at different places.

I have the feeling, though it's been a while, that I've sometimes been able to make it thru with a somewhat larger size container by showing the luggage checker that it was only half or a quarter full and thus below the limit, etc etc. But I also have the feeling sometimes I've been told that didn't matter and the size of the bottle was too big and I had to dump it, regardless.

I flew with a bottle of After Shave - Bottle full = 120ml, left was it now, 30 ml,

which I always kept in my small (most times) carry on bag only for flight-trips,

I've always been somewhat unclear about that requirement, in terms of it applying to the size of the container(s) or the quantity of the contents. And my sense is it's been enforced differently at different places.

I have the feeling, though it's been a while, that I've sometimes been able to make it thru with a somewhat larger size container by showing the luggage checker that it was only half or a quarter full and thus below the limit, etc etc. But I also have the feeling sometimes I've been told that didn't matter and the size of the bottle was too big and I had to dump it, regardless.

If they following the rules it is container size no matter how little liquid in the container.

Can recall only 1 time in several years where I got a larger container through, emty full or whatever

Had 110ml, 130 ml containers taken. Both times arguing the point of half full got me nowhere

Can be lucky but always assume a container over 100ml is up for confiscating, full or not

Ms Phanarat told police that she had told the flight attendant there was a bomb on the plane because she felt that the luggage inspectors at the airport were rude to her when they inspected her bag.

That will teach those rude luggage inspectors a thing or two.

this lagguage inspectors are granted with brain like an elephant !!

They cant think !

Just follow food strain;

This lady is clueless. Anybody with half a brain or a bit of awareness to world news should know that the mention of a bomb is very serious business. We are living in "post 9/11 times".

So post Lockerbie but prior to 9/11 mentioning bombs on planes was still in fashion?? What was that you were saying about being clueless and half brained?

serious question:

what if you have TOURETTE in this country

and cannot control things like that ...

they fined a mentally ill woman recently for insulting some royal banner , no ?

serious answer:

That's why there are courts and judicial process.

not so serious follow up question:

Can you stop posting ridiculous questions under the heading "serious question"?

This lady is clueless. Anybody with half a brain or a bit of awareness to world news should know that the mention of a bomb is very serious business. We are living in "post 9/11 times".

So post Lockerbie but prior to 9/11 mentioning bombs on planes was still in fashion?? What was that you were saying about being clueless and half brained?

Sure pal. It might have been in fashion but it became volatile after 9/11. I see that you were either awake awfully late or up awfully early. I guess your keyboard and "finger" was busy accosting all the other members who posted a negative comment about this lady's actions. Maybe you were grumpy because you hadn't had a shower yet.

Whatever. Have a good life.

Her luggage would have been stowed in the cargo hold of the plane, not in the undercarriage. You don't stow luggage in the wheels!

Undercarriage is correct, but cargo hold would have been more explanatory for those with less education.

To Estrada------ the beast of Bangkok is correct

UNDERCARRIAGE IS NOT CORRECT------------ All luggage is stowed in either the fwd or rear cargo hold.There should have been absolutely no reference to the undercarriage at all.The undercarriage BAY is merely a compartment in the Belly of the a/c specifically to accomodate the undercarriage when it is raised,as in flight,or hangar checks. Having had just over 60 years of experience in working on all a/c types civil and military I can guarantee my above statement to stand any criticism ---------- Dougal

Meant to say also that the place where people sit is not a carriage (HaHa) its called a CABIN.Not sure where some of you people get your names like this from-----certainly not from a aircraft manual cheesy.gif

Edited by biplanebluey