"samlor" or side car?

Jessi

depends on exactly what you want can. First you need to buy the motorcycle. Buy new or used up to you. Then simple ask a thai friend or family member where to get the sidecar made,take to few places get a price and away you go. I have a thai friend who has a business that uses sidecars, I remember one time he bought a used bike for 14,000 baht and got sidecar for 4,000 baht but with a simplier cover than in the picture,it didnot cover the driver. I figure brand new 100cc or 110 cc bike and good sidecar could run you a little over 50,000 baht.

She has the bike already, just need the side car. She wants it to sell food from etc.

A simple sidecar for selling items shouldnot run you over 5000 baht. Get one bolted on not welded on. If the wife is Thai just have her ask someone who has one where to get it done. In my wifes village one day I was admiring one on a guys bike and he told me if I wanted one he would give me one he had 2 just bring the bike I wanted it put on. They arenot expensive.

She has the bike already, just need the side car. She wants it to sell food from etc.

A simple sidecar for selling items shouldnot run you over 5000 baht. Get one bolted on not welded on. If the wife is Thai just have her ask someone who has one where to get it done. In my wifes village one day I was admiring one on a guys bike and he told me if I wanted one he would give me one he had 2 just bring the bike I wanted it put on. They arenot expensive.

Thanks very much for that info.wai.gif

Just remember that fitting a side car is illegal and your bike insurance won't cover anymore.

Which is odd since there must be about a million of them in Thailand or more.

The police normal leaves business sidecars alone.

I would like to thank the members who took time to reply to my question.wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

The lady asked me how much it would cost, as I did not have a clue, I asked here. One of the great things about forums.

She went out and got prices ranging from 20,000B to 11,000B, so as she does not have a money tree, she has decided on the cheap one and will be finished about 2nd of June.

She also had to but some smaller things for her little business and she said that Macro would be best, so I told her to go there and write the prices down, then I took her to "Do Home" and she managed to save about 1,500B on the purchase.

This is all in Korat in case you are wondering where "Do Home" is.

She is a very happy lady starting out in her first business. I will try and get a picture of it when its finished.

Once again Thank you very much for your help.coffee1.gif