Skytrain from Suvanhabhum airport

for real

I used it on Tuesday, the express line is not running at the moment, only the city line, and that took about 30 minutes to Phaya Thai. We got a train about 9.30 and that got very busy, many got on at the first few stops out of the airport. Not too bad when we went back early afternoon.

I didn't look at the board but I think they run fairly frequently. We only had to wait 10 minutes and there was hardly anyone on the platform when we got there so one must have just gone.

I used it on Tuesday, the express line is not running at the moment, only the city line, and that took about 30 minutes to Phaya Thai. We got a train about 9.30 and that got very busy, many got on at the first few stops out of the airport. Not too bad when we went back early afternoon.

I didn't look at the board but I think they run fairly frequently. We only had to wait 10 minutes and there was hardly anyone on the platform when we got there so one must have just gone.

The express line hasn't been in operation since last year and won't be again for some time.

Only the City line now.

Headway is around 10 minutes as of last months

Ongoing infos about the airport rail link ARL is updated often on this page: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/369458-airport-rail-link-again-sorry/page-25#entry9357364

There's this great new thing called Google.

Except you've given the wrong info. Your link is for the SRT.

Why would you walk 26 minutes to the SRT (the directions you gave) when you can just get on the airport link at the airport

What is wrong with someone asking for information on a forum?

Maybe they already did google it, and maybe they just wanted to ask for first hand experience and info from people who did already used it.

Why would you walk 26 minutes to the SRT (the directions you gave) when you can just get on the airport link at the airport

Maybe they already did google it, and maybe they just wanted to ask for first hand experience and info from people who did already used it.

Well, to be fair, the OP asked for the wrong information in the first place...the Skytrain, or BTS, does not go to Suvannaphumi. The Airport Link does.

Thanks to all of you who posted helpful information.

Much appreciated.

I have never used this before and wanted some advice from USERS.

There are so many know alls on Thaivisa I wonder that they bpther to read any posts

But I guess they get their kicks from life by ridiculing simple questions.

I am pleased to know I have made some small creatures very happy today.

Well, to be fair, the OP asked for the wrong information in the first place...the Skytrain, or BTS, does not go to Suvannaphumi. The Airport Link does.

Saw that, didn't bother correcting because a lot of people call the ARL the skytrain from the airport, that was made clear in other replies.

Had a pretty good idea what they were referring to without dismissing them with a post telling them there's a great new thing called google.

What did you think the OP meant? Of course you thought of the Airport Link, right? You missed the point of my post entirely

The express line hasn't been in operation since last year and won't be again for some time.

Only the City line now.

I can only assume that it is down to lack of revenue, we went in on an express line train and came back on a city line, the rolling stock is quite different.

A lot more passengers got on after leaving the airport than at it.

I can only assume that it is down to lack of revenue, we went in on an express line train and came back on a city line, the rolling stock is quite different.

Try reading through the link I posted earlier, the one you edited out of my quoted reply.

There are a lot of posts inside that topic with detailed information from a member who works with the ARL about why the express line is out.

And they are the same rolling stock - some express line stock which is not in maintenance is being used for the City Line service.

Express service is out while they wait on new stock and undergo maintenance

Try reading through the link I posted earlier, the one you edited out of my quoted reply.

There are a lot of posts inside that topic with detailed information from a member who works with the ARL about why the express line is out.

And they are the same rolling stock - some express line stock which is not in maintenance is being used for the City Line service.

Express service is out while they wait on new stock and undergo maintenance

Apologies if it wasn't clear what I meant. Appreciate your informed comments. I didn't read the link as I saw it was TV, usually a bit too much to go through.

The two carriages we went on were quite different, one being a bit like skytrain and the other more like a real train with comfortable seats and toilets. A bit puzzling at the time but your explanation makes sense, thanks.

No harm meant, and yeah that ARL thread is miles long, hope the later links made more sense. Sorry for being blunt and misunderstanding your query

smile.pngAs long as the trains are running all is good eh?

Exactly.

Normally we go to Bearing and get the skytrain in, but the day in question the Chonburi bypass was gridlocked. Took over an hour from the 344 junction to the 315. The only hope we had of getting to the German embassy on time was to head for the No 7 and use the airport link. Made it with about 15 minutes to spare.

A bit more expensive than the Bearing option but a lot less hassle traffic wise, will certainly use it again.