Documents for gf, UK Visit Visa application.

Hi can anyone tell me which documents my gf needs for a visitor visa. We have already.

Bank statements

I.d card photo copy

Daughters birth cert

Her tabian book

Is there any we have missed out please. Also we were going to send in her massage certificates to show shes been learning massage at a governent school for the last 4 months to show she cant work as its a full time course. Would it be wise to send in copys of these or originals.

1 last thing does my gf need to send a letter in saying why she wants to come for a holiday or is it just myself that does that. Thanks

Yes, I would give the details of her course but include confirmation that she's expected to return to her course on her return from her short holiday.

Yes she should include a covering letter outlining the details of, and the reason for, the trip leaving the ECO in no doubt that she will be returning to her course on her return from holiday.

You have mentioned bank statements, does that mean she is financing the trip herself?

If you are financing the trip then you should also include your bank statements and evidence of your income, you should also provide a covering letter indicating why you are sponsoring her, if that's the case, and that it's reasonable for you to do so, either way provide details of her financial situation. You should provide evidence that you've actually met and proof that you're in regular communication.

You mind find this pinned topic helpful visit-visa-basics the procedures have changed slightly but the basics remain the same.

Also provide details of where she will be staying in the UK.

You should provide original documents, with copies if you want the originals returned. Any documents not in English should be accompanied by certified translations.

She would be better to yes, it is one of the recommended documents.

She doesn't need to have tens of thousands of Baht in her account but she does need to satisfy the ECO that she can support herself in her home country.

If you are financing the trip then you should also include your bank statements and evidence of your income, you should also provide a covering letter indicating why you are sponsoring her, if that's the case, and that it's reasonable for you to do so, either way provide details of her financial situation. You should provide evidence that you've actually met and proof that you're in regular communication.

We got caught out by this one for our first application, so don't skimp. With regard to having met I had this covered by providing flight boarding card stubs and passport stamps for all of my visits to Thailand, plus photos of us together (dated and with brief descriptions) for each of my visits. However, I totally messed up on the proof of regular communication:

I had two phones, Orange and WorldSIM, and while I included the call logs for both in our application I only listed the Orange number in my covering letter, so they said the WorldSIM logs could have been anybody's. If you have more than one number you call from, list them all and explain why you use more than one (in my case international calls were cheaper using an alternative SIM).

We would chat daily via Facebook or Skype, but with no log export facility in either I merely mentioned this without providing any proof, again a mistake. For the second application I took 21 screenshots of Facebook chat showing different dates, and manually copied & pasted chat from Skype into Word (editing out everything bar the video call start and call duration entries showing daily chat often for over an hour, and in the process reducing 92 pages down to 11).

Thanks for the reply garryuk. Ive printed of the call logs from line and skype but i to have 40 pages lol. Is it not worth putting them all in and trying to whittle them down a bit. I have pictures and everything else just to sponser letter to do. Im not sure how much detail or how long i should go about us being together in the letter though. Should i keep it minimum or do a couple of pages. Thanks

Regarding the covering letter, put yourself in the shoes of the ECO, they read many of these every day and it's only part of the story, so make the job easy for them, make the letter fairly short, punchy and to the point, I usually make the covering letter one side of A4, two at the most.

Yes, your girlfriend should also submit a note, nothing wrong with you drafting it but if you do, say so.

It's best that your girlfriend submits her bank book, it is a requirement, it will help build up a picture of her life in Thailand.