Body of Arab-like foreigner found on Phuket beach

Thaivisa News

Dead bodies always soil themselves, was that really necessary to include in the report.

I've seen a few dead bodies and can't remember any of them having shit themselves.

What time frame are you talking about that this happens?

It is common for a body be it human or animal to defecate during a seizure of some kind (heart attack or stroke).

Rushed to hospital for an autopsy??

What, with sirens and lights flashing.

well.. if you dont leave in Phuket , let me tell you that the traffic is nightmare , so they gonna need 3/4 more times without sirens. Dont you think they should rush to hospital and then be ready to attend an other emergency with this time somebody they can save ? or would you be happy if you have an accident and ambulance is 30 min late because of a dead body stuck in the traffic ??.......

I know Phuket traffic and it usually doesn't respond to emergency vehicles.

My point is what's the rush he is dead,did they put him in an ambulance surely not. Are there not other vehicles to carry the deceased to hospital for examination.

RIP

>A body of an unidentified foreigner who looked like an Arab
>They found the body of a white man, who looked like an Arab
Brilliant description. Perhaps that's supposed to mean แขกขาว khaek khaaw
I also appreciate the very relevant details of the trace of vomit and him soiling himself.

The reporter does not seem to realize that the bowels void when death occurs.

Another strange death in the South.

​Oh Ah.....A White Man that looks like an ARAB !!! ???

Wondering about that......Arabs, South Europeans, Turkish, Iranians, Latin Americans and so on often have the same type of physical appearance. What led to the conclusion he was more likely to be Arab than Italian or whatever?

the body of the man was found lying on his back with his shorts below his knees one must assume he was in the process of doing his ablutions and was bitten by a snake hence the vomit the fact that he had money has no relevance .

Does anybody ever NOT "rush" somewhere. Do they ever just "went quickly", "hurried", "hastened", "went without delay".....especially if transporting a dead body to the morgue for an autopsy!! In that case, would anyone think the authorities remiss if they simply "had the body transported"? Certainly they are going to carry out their duties such a manner so as to be available for other duties as soon as possible, are they not? If anyone has cconcerns about the time taken by the officers, I suppose the reporter could say "the officers, hampered by the usual Phuket traffic and its seeming indifference to any and all emergeny vehicles, proceeded as quickly as possible to the scene!" There! Does that absolve them of any suggestion of a wasteful languor?"

Would the following cover everything, despite not once using the word "rushed"?

The police received information that the body of an, as yet, unidentified foreigner, possibly of Arab descent, had been sighted amidst some rocks on a beach near a well-known resort in the Tambon Rawai area of Chalong District.

Pol Lt Weerayut Thansirisukwarakul, an officer on duty of the Chalong police station, was alerted at 8:30 pm about the body. He notified Chalong Pol Col Noppadol Thiraprawa of the reported finding, and that officer, together with Inspector Pol Lt Col Jamroon Playduang and rescuers from the Ruamjai Phuket Foundation immediately went to the scene, where they found the body, lying on its back with no shirt on, shorts lowered to the knees and wearing red sports shoes.

His head was resting on a black cloth bag, inside which was found three t-shirts, two trousers and a wallet containing Bt325 in cash. No travel documents or other identification were found. There was also a trace of vomit. A liquor bottle and a drinking water bottle, both (?) of which were un-opened, were found near the body. Additional information indicates that there appeared to be a bite mark at his left knee.

Officials believe the man, whose body was transported to Phuket’s Vachira Hospital for an autopsy, had died at least six hours earlier. Investigators of the Chalong police station were dispatched to check the scene and take photos and make a map of the location.

Resorts and hotels nearby were asked to check whether any of their guests were unaccounted for.

Just asking.......??

the body of the man was found lying on his back with his shorts below his knees one must assume he was in the process of doing his ablutions and was bitten by a snake hence the vomit the fact that he had money has no relevance .

Possible.....but without further info, I would have to say..."that's a lot of assuming"! Discovery of body at approximately 8:30pm.....dead approximately 6 hours.....whatever happened, did so around 2:30pm. Was this in a remote area of the beach where could conceivably be performing ablutions at that time of day? As for being the result of a snake bite....I don't know a lot about Thailand's venomous snakes, but do understand that some can be quite active in the mid-morning and late-afternoon time periods. As well, I understand that there are a couple of snakes whose bite could result in death as quickly as 10 minutes. So...you may be right, but..............??

Found partially clothed with some belongings. The guy could have thrown from a boat out at sea and drifted in shore?

But I doubt we will ever know and also doubt there will be any follow ups to this case, so please, speculate away.

>A body of an unidentified foreigner who looked like an Arab
>They found the body of a white man, who looked like an Arab
Brilliant description. Perhaps that's supposed to mean แขกขาว khaek khaaw
I also appreciate the very relevant details of the trace of vomit and him soiling himself.

I don't know what you are complaining about, this is one rare example of nearly perfect reporting, the details about vomit and soiling are relevant to form an opinion on what happened. I'd bet on solitary and self-induced unintended death by alcohol poisoning. Maybe the autopsy will confirm this.

Robbery does not seem to be a motive so what about the simplest Explanation.

The guy had been drinking too much. Went down to the beach to have a cap, passed out in the process,threw up and choked on his own vomit.

As to bite mark, a passing rat or dog had a go at the body.

mystery solved .... Poiret

The more practical among us know that certain things aren't going to change in Thailand anytime soon. Things such as shoddy journalistic reporting, police competence and compassion nor, apparently,the appetite for many Thaivisa readers to endlessly theorise and debate everything about the situation up to and included the correct terms to describe certain ethnic traits of the deceased.

For me, I have a certain amount of disquiet regarding the unexplained death of a yet another foreigner on the Island, and would like to get facts about whether it occurred due to murderous intent, misadventure, illness or his own hand.

And what is the relevance of stating that he had Bt 325 in his wallet ?

Well if they said an empty wallet then the clowns on TV would change the op to being robbed, raped, beaten slapped, whacked, and whatever they feel.

Oh and I wish the reporters would STOP using the word "rushed" because they never rush for anything.

It is appalling to see insensitive, crude and uncouth comments made by none other than <deleted>. A man is dead who is someone's ,brother, son, or father. Disgusting uncivilised behaviour by these TV members.

Welcome to the Internet. It is what it is.

And what is the relevance of stating that he had Bt 325 in his wallet ?

Rules out robbery, <removed>

Does it????

Maybe he had 10,325 baht in his wallet. Take the 10,000 baht, and leave the 325 baht to make it appear robbery WAS NOT the motive.