Suzuki GSX-S1000 .....coming to Thailand?

soihok

Don't think Suzuki is taking the Thai big bike market seriously. I have seen a total of two times a big Suzi around Phuket in the past 3 years and those were 650s.

The GSX-S1000 seems indeed like a good bike albeit a bit lacking in terms of electronics. Also I've read that it lacks a bit in the lower RPMs. In other countries Suzi can score some points via price tag but here in Thailand a 899 Panigale is cheaper than the GSX-R1000. You can also get a Kawa Z1000 for 200k less.

I think only die-hard Suzuki fans would buy one here.

• 2 months later...

Just read on the Suzuki Thai website that Suzuki is releasing two models of the GSXS1000.

Price is under that of the Z1000.

Reading the most recent road report in Fast Bikes they rate the (can it be called a " Gixes"?) above the Z1000, based on less weight and more power.

I think the Z1000 looks better though.

All that can be said is thank you Suzuki, for offering more choice to the masses. Long may it continue.

Cheer's

Yes looks like they are coming here and at 5xx.xxx baht.

Lacking electronics? Well those babies have traction control and abs, what more do you need?

About 214kg is very good for a 1000cc bike with 145hp.

And it looks like there will be a dedicated Suzuki shop in Pattaya soon:

http://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/bigbike/home.php?id_product=112&type=shop#shop

Let the good times rollthumbsup.gif

The official dealer in phayonyothin used to stock liter bikes and even hayabusas as well as the vstrom and gladius but it's been a year or two since I checked in with them

I think the price was about 800k back then for the gixxer but I'm sure prices have come down a bit like all the other brands

• 6 months later...

I'm looking at buying one. I currently have a CB650F I want to sell. But damn, at 570,000 I not sure I can justify the price. I sat on the S1000 the other day here at the Korat location. It feels very similar to how I have got my CB built, using the handle bar from the CB500. My CB looks awesome, drive perfectly, is paid off, has full exhaust system, buuuuuuuut I can't help wanting more power!!!

I'm looking at buying one. I currently have a CB650F I want to sell. But damn, at 570,000 I not sure I can justify the price. I sat on the S1000 the other day here at the Korat location. It feels very similar to how I have got my CB built, using the handle bar from the CB500. My CB looks awesome, drive perfectly, is paid off, has full exhaust system, buuuuuuuut I can't help wanting more power!!!

The horse power bug is hard to beat and the S1000 is sweeeeet.

Sorry I can't give you any advise man because I know exactly how it fells and suffer from same from time to time.

Pics?

Pics?

Check classified, nice looking bike

Pics?

she's a great bike. Looks good, sounds good, drives tiptop, and honestly is plenty fast, but I'm power hungry just like out geeked out PM here in LOS.

But what I want is this mofo! It's not in its stock paint scheme here, but I love all the dead. Straight death machine

post-241262-0-52584100-1454817781_thumb.

she's a great bike. Looks good, sounds good, drives tiptop, and honestly is plenty fast, but I'm power hungry just like out geeked out PM here in LOS.

But what I want is this mofo! It's not in its stock paint scheme here, but I love all the dead. Straight death machine

This is the stock red they have in Korat. They've also have the blue GSXS1000F in blue.

post-241262-0-97288000-1454818308_thumb.

post-241262-0-78182900-1454818325_thumb.