Chinese Tourist Rudeness - the legend continues

t8769

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chinese seem to treat Thailand is a place to abuse and use. Treat the locals like shit, be as rude and obnoxious as possible.

And yet, and yet, TAT and the General proudly proclaim six million of them are on their way, oblivious to the fact their Thai countrymen despise them.

The Thais probably despise all foreigners but accept them with their cash. I have no illusions as to how popular i am to local Thais.

I'm afraid you are confusing Thais with their xenophobic Gov't and ridiculous Immigration Laws.

I live here for 8 - 9 years, refuse to learn Thai language, never paid anybody to like me yet never feel being despised.

But this depends on different areas, social groups, education levels etc. Not claiming popularity though.

Thats exactly as they act in their own country , Thank Mao and almost 70 years of Chinese perverted communism for that

So are they wrong? Their way. Should they be instilled with a stiff upper lip at birth to conform to your expectations? "Foreigners " do various things I don't like, learn to accept it.

Well you would have to understand if its the way they do things in China ( I haven't been) and know if it was "normal" for them.............with a population of billions it probably is "everyman for himself" ( or woman)

I've been, and probably others on here as well....

It's not too bad over there(China) that i encountered....BUT corruption and crime are rampant, if you go to the wrong place.....

I worked on the Railway there for a few years , believe me when you get out of cities like Beijing and Shanghai , its dirty shit hole in some places reminiscent of the Industrial revolution. Public Hospital , Optician school are Dickensian , The attitude they have of complete selfishness and no social awareness goes back to the Days of "Liberation" and the Great leap forward . Mao had a Kill/Purge ratio of 1 to 2 % and to save their own skins people denounced each other , so it became dangerous to have friends. The queue jumping also comes from times , when over 20 million died in the Mao induced famine and collectivization of the farms. The people had to take what they could.

Well you would have to understand if its the way they do things in China ( I haven't been) and know if it was "normal" for them.............with a population of billions it probably is "everyman for himself" ( or woman)

It's not too bad over there(China) that i encountered....BUT corruption and crime are rampant, if you go to the wrong place.....

I worked on the Railway there for a few years , believe me when you get out of cities like Beijing and Shanghai , its dirty shit hole in some places reminiscent of the Industrial revolution. Public Hospital , Optician school are Dickensian , The attitude they have of complete selfishness and no social awareness goes back to the Days of "Liberation" and the Great leap forward . Mao had a Kill/Purge ratio of 1 to 2 % and to save their own skins people denounced each other , so it became dangerous to have friends. The queue jumping also comes from times , when over 20 million died in the Mao induced famine and collectivization of the farms. The people had to take what they could.
Nice place then.

Thats exactly as they act in their own country , Thank Mao and almost 70 years of Chinese perverted communism for that

So are they wrong? Their way. Should they be instilled with a stiff upper lip at birth to conform to your expectations? "Foreigners " do various things I don't like, learn to accept it.

I don't know why you mentioning "stiff upper for" Many people not just me find they are rude and ignorant as a whole in comparison to other nationals. , how many years did you live there then ?

Edited by ExPratt

I find this a common failure of Thai retail management. The store loses money because the check-out clerk serves the queue breakers. The check-out clerk doesn't care ... they don't understand ... the managers should train them.

Standing in a nice, orderly queue at Lotus, 2 Chinese women walked straight up and put their basket on the till counter....trouble is, the staff served them first, didn't tell them them others were waiting! I just put my basket on the floor by the till and walked out, can't be bothered with that sh*t.

On occasion, I have seen a check-out clerk refusing a queue breaker ... so proper training works.

Totally wrong.

If this 'sh*t' doesn't bother you - why complain? And who did you punish by spending time shopping and leaving it back?

Besides, by letting this happen you reinforce these boers lack of manners.

I am quite decisive and react immediately in cases like this.

Letting somebody with one item to skip the line is mere politeness. But not the 'pushovers'.

BTW this is one thing you'll never encounter in Japan! The only really civilized people IMHO.

Edited by ABCer

Nice place then.

I lived in a about 5 different cities in a few years Wuhan , Changsha, X'ian , Zhengzhou , Guangzhou. You asked anyone who has lived there what its like outside of Beijing Shanghai. I had burned cornea in both my eyes because I unwittingly bought"Copy" Shampoo, was told by optician it happened a lot and too much alkaline in it. Also kidney stone , very , very painful, They stuck me on a Morphine drip for a day and a half . I a ward with hundreds of chairs and 2 beds not clean , blood and puke on , I must have so bad someone actual got off the bed for me to lay down

Chinese people out side of PRC are normally decent people same as many Farangs , but PRCs 20th century History has taken a toll on the people

I don't know why you mentioning "stiff upper for" Many people not just me find they are rude and ignorant as a whole in comparison to other nationals. , how many years did you live there then ?

They are who they are. Met a lot of foreigners who think spitting on the pavement is ok. Can't change that overnight. Calm down, give it some time.

They are who they are. Met a lot of foreigners who think spitting on the pavement is ok. Can't change that overnight. Calm down, give it some time.

I don't know with them , there told they are the greatest country in the world. Anyway , they'll probably get better , do them good to get out of PRC

I don't know with them , there told they are the greatest country in the world. Anyway , they'll probably get better , do them good to get out of PRC

"They are told they are the greatest country in the world"

Try as I might I cannot add to that.

I saw a lot of tour groups in Phuket back in feb, they were like swarms of locusts,snaking this way and that behind the tour group leader with the megaphone,we were at that lookout down the south,one man started talking photo's of my wife and her friend,i felt like busting his ass,and warned him to stop,which he did sheepishly,i was going to make him delete them too,but my wife did not want a fuss,and we left,saw the same thing happen at a waterfall near Pai,to german backpackers,this guy must have taken 50 shots of them,one girl asked him to stop,he just grinned with the buck teeth sticking out and continued,i squeezed him on the shoulder, and said "no more photo',and glared at him,he scampered off,the cad,no doubt he told all his friends back in China ghastly stories about the girls,who thanked me.utter coves,these chaps.

Edited by marko kok prong

On a positive note about the Chinese, Thankfully they don't hire cars and drive ???

The roads of Thailand are dangerous enough as it is, without them weaving in and out and stopping when they feel like it...

Yes they do,....they rent cars from a Chinese company at the Chinese-Laos border and drive through Laos and into Thailand....

And in Chiang Mai there are hundreds renting motorcycles.

So much that the Thais complain about there driving....!

I personally had to avoid numerous Chinese stopping in the middle of the road just to check there mobile phone, Tablet or a map....they are easily recognisable, they ware helmets..(CHEAP PLASTIC ONES)..compared to the Thais that mostly don't ware them....

Best regards,.

Edited by off road pat

I think it is a by-product of economic dominance. The Chinese are fast becoming, if they have not already become, the top economic power in the world. Just look how obnoxiuos Americans acted when they were at the top; then, remember if you can, the insufferable boors the Brits were when they were the economic hegemons of the world.

This is not the case, most Chinese are oblivious to the world outside of China,, yes they know they are making product for others but the vast majority in the factories do not speak any other language. The fact is it is a cultural thing and based upon your standing in the Class system,, the more money you have the worse you can behave towards others,, they do this at home as well as overseas.

As for the Americans acting when they were on top well they still are, and by a very long way in real money.. Don't really know what you mean, dont see anything wrong with the way Americans behave at all, never heard of any major complaints about them as tourists. As for the Brits, how old are you? Britain has not been an Empire for a very long time, at least not in the "England rules the world sense" so please give examples of how they were insufferable "bores" to you back in the 1900,s...

What a response. Some of the stories are hillarious.

I loved the 'You're all racist!" posts from zeichen and the other morons. On every discussion there's an idiot who's appointed himself moral superior and looks down on other posters telling them to be more PC. Hillarious!

It makes me angry to see some poor 7/11 worker treated like dirt by Chinese tourists - Thais are generally so polite and helpful. Chinese seem to treat them with distain, but perhaps this is their culture.

It was odd when me and two Thais burst out laughing at the snotty Chinese girls. That's never happened before.

One thing for sure - I do not let Chinese push in front of me and those that try are quickly educated in proper manners. And I tell Chinese to be quiet when they shout in restaurants - and they do.

I have never found British or Americans arrogant or rude, and America is still no.1. Germans can be a bit noisy, Arabs can be a bit rude to staff but are generally polite and have good manners.

I have found the Thais generally very polite, helpful and - on a personal basis - honest. Which is why I find the Chinese so annoying. But perhaps New Money and cheap travel will bless us with their presence for a long time to come.

I do think they should be told 'No' when they misbehave in public but that won't make them treat 7/11 staff with respect.

I loved the 'You're all racist!" posts from zeichen and the other morons. On every discussion there's an idiot who's appointed himself moral superior and looks down on other posters telling them to be more PC. Hillarious!

It makes me angry to see some poor 7/11 worker treated like dirt by Chinese tourists - Thais are generally so polite and helpful. Chinese seem to treat them with distain, but perhaps this is their culture.

It was odd when me and two Thais burst out laughing at the snotty Chinese girls. That's never happened before.

One thing for sure - I do not let Chinese push in front of me and those that try are quickly educated in proper manners. And I tell Chinese to be quiet when they shout in restaurants - and they do.

I have never found British or Americans arrogant or rude, and America is still no.1. Germans can be a bit noisy, Arabs can be a bit rude to staff but are generally polite and have good manners.

I have found the Thais generally very polite, helpful and - on a personal basis - honest. Which is why I find the Chinese so annoying. But perhaps New Money and cheap travel will bless us with their presence for a long time to come.

I do think they should be told 'No' when they misbehave in public but that won't make them treat 7/11 staff with respect.

You need to get out a bit and experience the world.

I loved the 'You're all racist!" posts from zeichen and the other morons. On every discussion there's an idiot who's appointed himself moral superior and looks down on other....

I do think they should be told 'No' when they misbehave in public ..

Who appointed you to educate them on superior behavior?

Edited by impulse

Most people here are friendly and respectful but there's always one or two moral trolls, and here they are.

Everyone else mucks in and has fun, always the miserable PC idiots pointing fingers and shouting 'WACIST!

How miserable must your life be to think that leaving nasty, snotty messages insulting others is a good thing?

I suppose one of these idiots will now follow up with some snotty, rude message to show how clever they are.

To everyone else - all the nice people - it was fun to share our experiences and hear I was not the only one finding the Chinese a challenge.

Edited by t8769

Not only was this topic racist, inflammatory comments toward other members are not on either.

Closed