Nigerian arrested for conning Vietnamese women on Facebook

webfact

Nigerian arrested for conning Vietnamese women on Facebook

25-5-2558-10-22-27-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Ho Chi Minh City: -- Police arrested Saturday a Nigerian man who allegedly cheated Vietnamese women he befriended on Facebook out of US$7,000, reported Thanh Nien News.

Police said the Nigerian, Eluma Francis Chukwubueze, 37, who used different names and masqueraded as a rich foreign man, was arrested at a hotel on Bui Vien Street in District 1.

He flirted with Vietnamese women on Facebook and promised to send them gifts from foreign countries. But he asked his victims to transfer “shipping fees” into bank accounts he appointed.

In the latest case, a 48-year-old woman in HCM City’s Binh Thanh District was asked to send him $250 in exchange for a gift set of an iPhone 5s, a camera and a laptop. On May 20, the woman sent him the money.

But then his accomplice, who impersonated as an airport officer, later asked her to send an additional $2,500 as a fine as he said the gift consignment was being held in Malaysia.

The woman felt suspicious and called the police, who later arrested the Nigerian man.

Police in Hanoi said they have received a number of complaints from Vietnamese women who claimed that they had been cheated out of money by foreign men on Facebook. Most of the women are single and were victims of almost the same trick, according to the police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nigerian-arrested-for-conning-vietnamese-women-on-facebook

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-25

How many times has this happened? Still people don't learn ! Never send money to anyone you really don't know, how ever nice you belive them to be---USE YOUR BRAINS !!

they really shouldnt use the word NIGERIAN as it makes people think that those people do this kind of thing all the time........im sure this was a totally isolated incident.

.....however, as we usually read by post #12........this kind of thing happens all over the world.

It's not just SE Asian women, we get news like this in the West, especially the con about sending money to release some massive yet non-existent funds.

Why is it nearly always Nigerians out of the African nations? What is it that makes them behave like this? Other African countries have poor people too but they're not constantly in the news like this. How can it be that Nigerians have a gene for being bad people? That's ridiculous. Is there something in the culture that doesn't exist across their nearest borders? Perhaps there's something in the water in Nigeria that results in bad decision making.

Bizarre really.

It bears repeating that many Nigerians are bad news in Nigeria and anywhere they travel. At least one, every week, is caught in some scam and, as they really are not "tourists" what are they doing in the land of no work, no social "freebies", no FREE anything ? They should be interrogated, at point of entry similar to the way Australia & Canada do, Why are you here ?, How much money do you have ?, what is your occupation ?, how long will you be here and a checkable residence. etc., etc. At least 75 %, unable to give proper answers should be on the first plane back to Nigeria. In addition to scams many, maybe most, are physically dangerous, ( see Nigerian documentaries ) !

Over the years I have used a number of e-mail clients and addresses. Once I had to abandon one e-mail address because I could not stop those “You have won 5 million dollar letters … “ all I had to do was send the Nigerian a shipping fee or some other ridiculous additional money to them. I would receive dozens of those scam letters each week. I was convinced my email was noted on a sticky note stuck to every scam artist computer in Nigeria and there must be thousands of them.

they really shouldnt use the word NIGERIAN as it makes people think that those people do this kind of thing all the time........im sure this was a totally isolated incident.

.....however, as we usually read by post #12........this kind of thing happens all over the world.

nonsense. Nigerians and west africa is a hub for internet scams. Lagos a sewer breeding ground.

It bears repeating that many Nigerians are bad news in Nigeria and anywhere they travel. At least one, every week, is caught in some scam and, as they really are not "tourists" what are they doing in the land of no work, no social "freebies", no FREE anything ? They should be interrogated, at point of entry similar to the way Australia & Canada do, Why are you here ?, How much money do you have ?, what is your occupation ?, how long will you be here and a checkable residence. etc., etc. At least 75 %, unable to give proper answers should be on the first plane back to Nigeria. In addition to scams many, maybe most, are physically dangerous, ( see Nigerian documentaries ) !

immigration too soft, thats why! Edited by kingalfred

this almost happened to my wife, the guy said he was Irish but could write Thai, i saw through it right away, I presume he was using a translation app to write to her, it went on for a few months , then he said he was on a boat that was sinking and wanted to send documents and money to her, i asked him to write in English, so i could read what he was saying. when i told him his English was poor he said he was Italian, clearly he couldnt remember his own lies

I just got a series of emails from Nigeria telling me if I send them 450 USD I can get my "Diplomatic Seal of Immunity" and get 10.5 million USD released to me. I replied once asking for details and actually got a phone number, and Lagos Nigerian address and an email address different from the one that the notice originally came from. Now one never knows how they get your email address, some old email that gets forwarded around, some website you visited, etc. But on their second email, some odd words were displayed. The words were basically ones I had entered when I opened a Youtube account. you had to put in some stuff in order to make your profile and I used "just to close popup" or something like that. So these scammers got my email address from Youtube.

The long email from these guys is so full of bad English and Grammar and sentence construction it should be obvious to anybody as a fake. But they do put a lot of threatening words in there, use all the money laundering words, quote some US and FBI agency laws and policies, etc. Still amazed this floats around.