WeTV/CTH problem

beau thai

Any other TV readers having a problem with WeTV?

18 months ago I took out a 3 year contract through WeTv/Cth, as CTH broadcast all EPL matches and I got a great deal and a big discount.

Today WeTV in Chiang Mai setd sms to say the service is finishing June 1 this year. GF phoned and got a hurried response about problems related to Digital between government and CTH. When it was pointed out that we had half our contract left so wanted money back they uiggested we go to their office, but the girl on the phone just wanted to end the call. No surprise!

CTH call centre (in englsh) were far more helpful but know nothing of this supposed problem, so want a copy of our payment to WeTV and they will call them.

I think it will work out ok but still dont know what is going on with WeTV, except generally their customer service sucks.

I know some of you will think I was dumb taking a 3 year contract, but if it does end in tears now, my last 18 months will still have only been half the cost in my home country for a lesser package, so no big deal to me.

At this point I dont really want info about what I could have done, and all the 'better' deals I could have got, but I am interested if anyone else has this WeTV issue and if they have anything to add-about that specifically please.

You weren't dumb for signing a three year contract; only for paying for it at once. I lasted 3 months with WeTV. After they did the install, they told me I would need a box (2000 deposit) and pay 100 extra per month to get a good signal. 3BB offers 7% discount for 1 year advance payment, which is really nice interest, but I want the extra leverage of knowing I will cancel if the service fails and they don't fix it pronto. Over a year, and seem to be a fine company.

Is there some confusion here.The English Premier League season finished last night and will not resume again until August.

May simply be something lost in translation.I think CTH have one year left on their exclusive live broadcasting of the footie, after that who knows.

You can never get satisfaction on the phone from We TV., we have frequent audio/vision drop outs. The receptionist never knows anything about the problem but always claims it is being fixed. Never any idea as to how long until problem is resolved.

They also constantly change programmes to different channels and NEVER bother to advise.

If you ask to speak to the Manager, Khun Eppin (Apple) she is NEVER available and Never returns phone calls.

If they are closing, will just have to find another incompetent Cable Supplier, probably many to choose from in CNX.