AOC backs Prajin's Open Sky with Conditions policy

webfact

AOC backs Prajin's Open Sky with Conditions policy

5-19-2015-10-09-49-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Transport Minister ACM Prajin Juntong’s proposed “Open Sky with Conditions” gets support from the chairman of the Airline Operations Committee (AOC) as it could see ease of traffic congestion at the Thai airports.

AOC chairman Louise Moser Jr, voiced consent with the policy saying it is sound and will greatly ease congestion at Thailand’s airports.

He revealed that in the past the responsibility for managing landing slots otherwise known as SLOT was handed to the Thai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA).

But due to manpower shortage its performance for the past 10 years has been plagued with problems and Thai Airways International, as the national flag carrier was called in to assist.

This however led to other problems arising where foreign carriers have complained of unfair allocation of SLOTs.

The new policy will return the power to manage SLOTs back to the DCA and provide personnel increase so that it can adequately cope with the increased air traffic.

SLOT management at Thailand’s airports will thus be managed with greater efficiency and at the same time accusations of favoritism can be discounted.

He said in the past airline vied and often fought for prime SLOTs in a day especially during the early morning and just before midnight because it greatly affect their popularity and esteem with passengers.

This in turn caused severe air traffic congestion during those particular times and ground services were in turn hard pressed to cope with the amount of passengers at terminals.

The new policy will redistribute all SLOTs more evenly throughout the entire day and the problems should be alleviated.

A meeting scheduled for June 2 will seek the approval of all carriers that are members of the AOC on the adoption of the new policy and should see a dramatic improvement at airports.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/aoc-backs-prajins-open-sky-with-conditions-policy

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-26

Appointing new staff at the DCA will solve the problem?? Somehow I don't think so. A few dinners, drinks and nightclub nights could see Thai getting their slots back! I would like to think otherwise but after several years living here I've become a cynic where such things are concerned.

Appointing new staff at the DCA will solve the problem?? Somehow I don't think so. A few dinners, drinks and nightclub nights could see Thai getting their slots back! I would like to think otherwise but after several years living here I've become a cynic where such things are concerned.

I have to agree...

These hoopleheads cant do much as the logic part of the brain seems to be missing or never nurtured...

"But due to manpower shortage its performance for the past 10 years has been plagued with problems and Thai Airways International, as the national flag carrier was called in to assist".
Having seen the shambolic business performance statistics for Thai Airways it comes as no surprise that the problems were never resolved!

The entire world is deeply concerned about the complete lack of safety standards in Thailand aviation, from all aspects including aircraft, operations and substandard airports. This is what ICAO has been carrying on about along with China, Korea and Japan.

What is Thailand's response ? They will change the method of slot allocation - yes, that's about making more money. No longer will THAI be able to allocate by saying "one for you, two for me, etc" . It doesn't matter if planes crash and people die as long as the money is protected. I have never seen such shuffling of deck chairs on the Titanic.

So, on June 2 they will seek approval from AOC about the new arrangement. What is AOC ? From the BAR website " AOC is a long established informal Committee with membership comprising airline station managers. It assists its members with all aspects of airline airport operations and coordinates with the AOT on behalf of its members." -- in other words a social club.

I wonder what they will do when ALL the foreign carriers stop coming, and Thai is banned worldwide ?

There might be more to this story than meets the eye, why would Thai airways be involved in the first place? If Thai airways could solve the problem of manpower, then shouldn't DCA equally be equipped/able to solve the problem in one way or another?

Edited by AlQaholic

So much for Thailand" THE AIRLINE HUB " of Asia.

Don't people talk to each other before they make s..... statements. Thailand is not able

to do proper Maintenance on their Planes, and keep the necessary paperwork in order,

how are they going to organize Landing slots.

I am glad I don't fly Thai Airlines since years.

There is no proper system for doing anything in Thailand, it is adhoc until something breaks crashes or external pressure is applied then the band aids come and they pretend to do something for a week or two

We have been hearing for a considerable time about human trafficking and pressure from the US UN and various human rights groups, it was generally ignored, now we are seeing the full extent of just what a tragic situation it is, a scale that I could never have imagined, thousands dead in mass graves - local officials involved including police

Greed power and money have no boundaries in this place, the one good thing more recently is that we have a government that is actually doing something about it, as far as I am concerned past governments politicians and officials can all go and rot in hell because they were either part of - it knew about it or were so incompetent they should never have been in office - but hey that was Thai democracy at work .....right ?

The entire world is deeply concerned about the complete lack of safety standards in Thailand aviation, from all aspects including aircraft, operations and substandard airports. This is what ICAO has been carrying on about along with China, Korea and Japan.

What is Thailand's response ? They will change the method of slot allocation - yes, that's about making more money. No longer will THAI be able to allocate by saying "one for you, two for me, etc" . It doesn't matter if planes crash and people die as long as the money is protected. I have never seen such shuffling of deck chairs on the Titanic.

So, on June 2 they will seek approval from AOC about the new arrangement. What is AOC ? From the BAR website " AOC is a long established informal Committee with membership comprising airline station managers. It assists its members with all aspects of airline airport operations and coordinates with the AOT on behalf of its members." -- in other words a social club.

I wonder what they will do when ALL the foreign carriers stop coming, and Thai is banned worldwide ?

They will tell the Thai Sheeple its was everyone else's fault as they know they have been brainwashed to believe this crap.

"But due to manpower shortage its performance for the past 10 years has been plagued with problems "

Oh no they're having staff problems too, I cant even get workers onto my land.

I thought the problem was that Swampy had 800 flights per day, when the maximum specified was 600 flights, (according to the previous news story).

How does rescheduling the slots eliminate these extra 200 flights?