motorcycle ( second hand) parts market in BKK ?

We are heading to BKK for a shopping trip in a few days.

I'm looking for a few parts for a project I'm working on, so looking for a ( the) district where they specialize in Bike parts, I've red somewhere in or around Chinatown?? (Khlong Thom market?)

Would appreciate any tips/leads.

Regards DB

Poonsup market about 5km West of Rangsit.

Main business is stuff for Fino, Scoopy, MSX and similar but stick with it and you will find parts for most Thai manufactured bikes new and used both in the market and either side of the road from Rangsit.

If I were looking for parts for, say an NSR, either side of the road approaching Poonsup is the first place I would look.

On used parts prices range from ridiculously cheap to insane.

I cannot remember what days are best for Poonsup but do not go early. Many shops do not open until 11.00am or thereabouts.

For big bike parts there is an area around the junction of Chulalongkorn 9 and Chulalongkorn 24. This area is about 3km East of Hualumpong station. Most of the shops here deal in car and truck parts imported from Japan but there are a few bike parts dealers. Perhaps four bike shops. The area is hazardous and chaotic. Do not take smart shoes as the area is soaked in engine and transmission oil.

Mostly parts for older Japanese bikes. If you were looking for an engine for a V Max or bodywork for a CBR400RR there is a good chance you will find it here.

One note of caution. I have not been to this area for a couple of years. Last time I was there it appeared the area was being squeezed by redevelopment. I would not be surprised if it is nothing but new condos now.

Another area worth looking at for big bike parts is at the junction of Bangna Trat road and Kin Kaew Road. As you head out of Bangkok the area is on the right immediately before the junction. This area is mostly car and truck parts but there are a few bike shops.

Last time I was there one shop had a complete and original Yamaha RD250LC gathering dust in a corner. Doubt it had a green book.

Red Baron have a lot of used stock. Tend to be more expensive but really not that bad compared with buying unseen from abroad with import costs.

@ In the jungle

Many thanks for the leads, much appreciated!

Looking for a few various parts,( front fender/meter/taillight) not really model specific so that market seems to be the best place to "browse"

Is this the right location? Poonsub or Poonsup are way outta town.

post-143096-0-86996800-1432703918_thumb.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys...

Need help finding an old Honda C95. Looking for complete Engine. Don't care if bike wrecked rusted-up what ever as long as engine complete. Will consider even if engine locked up, as long as complete. Do not want classic good looking as I will salvage engine for project... Classic needs to remain Classic!

This is a 2 cylinder, 4 stroke bike. if there are several would consider more than one bike to get all parts needed.

David

Archived