hemp - legal status

boomerangutang

Just because America does something it's even more reason for the rest not to.

Take your McDonald's back with you as well.

Coming soon (maybe) to a McDonald's near you:

hemp-and-sage-box.jpg

That's cute. It won't come to McD's but if it did, what an improvement. Look at what massive steer farming has done, ...to the Amazon basin, American's midwest, and other places. Yuksville. Vege-burgers would be a vast improvement over the beef. That hemp & sage burger looks good enough to eat. Can't say the same for ground-up calf flesh.

John Wayne dialog from Red River:

... Ten years and I'll have the Red River D on more cattle than you've looked at anywhere. I'll have that brand on enough beef to feed the whole country. Good beef for hungry people. Beef to make 'em strong, make 'em grow. But it takes work, and it takes sweat, and it takes time, lots of time. It takes years.

68.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

John Wayne dialog from Red River:

... Ten years and I'll have the Red River D on more cattle than you've looked at anywhere. I'll have that brand on enough beef to feed the whole country. Good beef for hungry people. Beef to make 'em strong, make 'em grow. But it takes work, and it takes sweat, and it takes time, lots of time. It takes years.

68.jpg

Well if Mr. Wayne reads his script in a movie, then it must be true.

I got insight to what beef does to a body, when reading Jethro Kloss's book; Back to Eden. He was a doctor who performed surgery on many beef-eating people. His descriptions of the grossly distended tubing, and how beef takes a very long time (sometime months) to work its way through a person's digestive tubes, was an eye-opener for me.

But more important is the what cattle ranching does to a once-natural environment. The amount of acreage and piped-in water needed to raise a pound of beef is prodigious - when compared to other, more nutritious crops - and the harm from sewage is also dumbfounding. Growing cattle to feed people makes as much sense as washing clothes in sulfuric acid.

Thanks -- the more I read your stuff, the more I want to go out and have a burger and I don't mean some cardboard tasting veggie burger.

Yes yes, but first you must work on penis size which is at an all time low do to dangerous hormones and medications used in fattening up cattle and beef.

Thanks -- the more I read your stuff, the more I want to go out and have a burger and I don't mean some cardboard tasting veggie burger.

Yes yes, but first you must work on penis size which is at an all time low do to dangerous hormones and medications used in fattening up cattle and beef.

Maybe you must work on penis size, ...

Whenever I get an unsolicited email trying to sell me penis-enlargement ointment, I write back and ask them if they have any product which lessens penis size. Ok, enough about penis-size comparisons. This just in today's mail (all kidding aside):

May 4, 2015: the U.S. House of Representatives voted to prevent the DEA and the Department of Justice from interfering with state hemp laws, cannabidiol laws and Farm Bill pilot programs.[/b] They voted on 3 different hemp amendments and all 3 passed with overwhelming bipartisan majorities.[/size]

source: votehemp.com

That's also encouraging news for Thai farmers, because drug-related laws in the US directly affect Thailand, though there's a time lag of 5 to 30 years. In the bigger picture, it's good to see/hear about some restrictions on the DEA, which traditionally runs roughshod over little countries and criminalizes tens of thousands of people worldwide for no good reasons. It's largely the DEA which compels SE Asian countries to be so draconian in their extemely harsh penalties for drug mules.

Whenever I get an unsolicited email trying to sell me penis-enlargement ointment, I write back and ask them if they have any product which lessens penis size. Ok, enough about penis-size comparisons. This just in today's mail (all kidding aside):

May 4, 2015: the U.S. House of Representatives voted to prevent the DEA and the Department of Justice from interfering with state hemp laws, cannabidiol laws and Farm Bill pilot programs.[/b] They voted on 3 different hemp amendments and all 3 passed with overwhelming bipartisan majorities.[/size]

source: votehemp.com

That's also encouraging news for Thai farmers, because drug-related laws in the US directly affect Thailand, though there's a time lag of 5 to 30 years. In the bigger picture, it's good to see/hear about some restrictions on the DEA, which traditionally runs roughshod over little countries and criminalizes tens of thousands of people worldwide for no good reasons. It's largely the DEA which compels SE Asian countries to be so draconian in their extemely harsh penalties for drug mules.

Whenever I get an unsolicited email trying to sell me penis-enlargement ointment ... I wonder what demographic profile they are using to target you.

However some states bordering marijuana-legal states are not happy and have filed suit:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pot-border-war-20150207-story.html

Edited by JLCrab

Since 2009 growing industrial Hemp is legal in Thailand. A friend of mine is involved in a royal project up north where they grow hemp.

good to know! Can anyone grow it, or is a permit needed? where to get seed?

I grew up on a 4,000 acre (10,000 rai) farm and cattle ranch. About 1/2 of it was cropland and about 1/2 grazing. It still belongs to my family.

How much do you really know about farming?

What's this now, a pissing contest?
I didn't realise the US used the "Rai" as a unit of measurement, and if they don't can't see the relevance of the poster using "rai" as a unit of measurement seeing as

1. The poster concerned doesn't even live in Thailand

2. Said property is in the US

3. Just because the poster proclaims to have grown up on a farm, this doesnt make him ole' MacDonald does it ?

Edited by Soutpeel

Hemp requires a tremendous investment by someone in processing facilities. It isn't enough just to grow it. Without processing there isn't much use for it.

It takes several processes to strip the hemp fibers from the plant, leaving the core which is wood like. The wood makes fine paper and even chipboard. The seeds can be rolled for vegetable oil. The fiber can make rope or great clothing. There are lots of products which can be made from it, but the "factories" to do that are beyond the scope of farmers.

As in so many other crops, if people start growing it and there's money in it, then the neighbors grow it and there's a glut. How many times have we seen that? Introducing hemp growing as The Next Big Deal to Thais would wind up right where rubber has because not long ago it was The Next Big Deal.

At one time rice was The Next Big Deal so there's a worldwide glut of it.

I remember when peppermint was The Next Big Deal in the Pacific Northwest in the US and every farmer wanted to grow it because the climate was great for it and the returns were very good. Of course when too many tried to get in on it the price dropped just like rice and rubber have in Thailand. It's always feast or famine.

I'm tired right now, LOL. Bottom line is that unless someone makes a massive investment in processing plants there is no market for the hemp. If someone makes the investment and the price goes down due to glut... And so it ever is with farming. It's feast or famine and too often it's famine.

What's needed of course is diversity and crop rotation but when farmers rotate out of hemp for a couple of years they damage the investments in processing.

Wow investment/ military and numerous other areas of self proclaimed expertise, now an expert of hemp cultivation !!

Hemp requires a tremendous investment by someone in processing facilities. It isn't enough just to grow it. Without processing there isn't much use for it.

It takes several processes to strip the hemp fibers from the plant, leaving the core which is wood like. The wood makes fine paper and even chipboard. The seeds can be rolled for vegetable oil. The fiber can make rope or great clothing. There are lots of products which can be made from it, but the "factories" to do that are beyond the scope of farmers.

As in so many other crops, if people start growing it and there's money in it, then the neighbors grow it and there's a glut. How many times have we seen that? Introducing hemp growing as The Next Big Deal to Thais would wind up right where rubber has because not long ago it was The Next Big Deal.

I remember when peppermint was The Next Big Deal in the Pacific Northwest in the US and every farmer wanted to grow it because the climate was great for it and the returns were very good. Of course when too many tried to get in on it the price dropped just like rice and rubber have in Thailand. It's always feast or famine.

I'm tired right now, LOL. Bottom line is that unless someone makes a massive investment in processing plants there is no market for the hemp. If someone makes the investment and the price goes down due to glut... And so it ever is with farming. It's feast or famine and too often it's famine.

What's needed of course is diversity and crop rotation but when farmers rotate out of hemp for a couple of years they damage the investments in processing.

Wow investment/ military and numerous other areas of self proclaimed expertise, now an expert of hemp cultivation !!

If you disagree with him, then challenge the points he makes.

Don't come on with a snarky put down.

If you disagree with him, then challenge the points he makes.

Don't come on with a snarky put down.

You his agent ?

One suspects his points on this topic and others come courtesy of Google and Wikipedia

• 2 weeks later...

Apparenrly theres been trials with canaboid and it actually fights and reduces cancer tumors, there was an article in the uk guardian a while bac about the only uk licenced growing place/ garden/ lab

rijit

Apparenrly theres been trials with canaboid and it actually fights and reduces cancer tumors, there was an article in the uk guardian a while bac about the only uk licenced growing place/ garden/ lab

rijit

That sounds good. However, you're probably referring to ganga instead of hemp (its non-THC cousin), but that's ok. Pharma has always had problems with the drugs it peddles. Chinese medicine is even worse, recommending exotic animal parts (pulverized dry tiger penis, for example) for ailments. It's 90% hocus pocus, but inbread ideas are hard to set straight.

From the above OP Post #1: I wrote to my Senator from California, Ms Feinstein, and asked her to get active in that regard. She wrote back to say 'no' - using archaic/conservative reasoning which indicated she didn't know much about the issue.

Oh come now. DiFi has been a US Senator now for 23 years from a state with a near $US 40+ billion per year agricultural economy. How could you expect her and her staff to know as much about the issue as you do?

She also voted for fast track, do we know who she represents, big business. The cotton growers hate hemp, because it is so much better as a fabric than cotton. I imagine the synthetic fabric providers, would not like it either. I wish my wife could grow it on her marginal land.

Since 2009 growing industrial Hemp is legal in Thailand. A friend of mine is involved in a royal project up north where they grow hemp.

good to know! Can anyone grow it, or is a permit needed? where to get seed?

I grew up on a 4,000 acre (10,000 rai) farm and cattle ranch. About 1/2 of it was cropland and about 1/2 grazing. It still belongs to my family.

How much do you really know about farming?

What's this now, a pissing contest?
I didn't realise the US used the "Rai" as a unit of measurement, and if they don't can't see the relevance of the poster using "rai" as a unit of measurement seeing as

1. The poster concerned doesn't even live in Thailand

2. Said property is in the US

3. Just because the poster proclaims to have grown up on a farm, this doesnt make him ole' MacDonald does it ?

Soutpeel, I am not a fan of Never Sure, but I can understand him converting American acres into Rai, a lot of people on this forum may not know how big an American Acre is, but most know how big a Rai is.

If big ag could make more money growing hemp, they'd be lobbying for legalization.

In the US, farmers are lobbying to be allowed to grow hemp, and it's gaining results. Each year, more States are being allowed to grow. Thailand, which follows US rules enstated 45 yrs ago, and is heavily influenced by money from US's DEA (to do as they're told) is doing next-to-nothing.

Thai farmers, if they lobby for anything, it's for more money. They're all expected to grow white starch rice, so that's what they do.

Though in my region, every hill is being planted with pineapples. We're having a drought, so the pineapples are as big as baseballs. Hemp doesn't have as much of a problem with drought, and can also grow on poor soil.

• 6 months later...

rijit

Yeah unfortunately that Lab is for the Pharma Med Corporations.

It has been proven officially on Mice and in Petri Dishes and Unofficially on Humans that Cancer Tumours,Epilepsy and A Miriad of other diseases are all dealt with effectively with CBD "in an oil extraction form).It is also a major preventative of all said diseases.

Not just Marijuana because industrial Hemp also has the required Cannabinoids i.e CBD being the essential one.

THC (the Psycho actiive Cannabinoid) is under 1 Per Cent in Industrial Hemp although there is an argument that says

that some THC is needed for the CBD to work efficiently.Remeber there are 84 known Cannabinoids already which already show signs of doing good.

Grow Your own Meds instead of paying Millions form the Pharma Med Corporations/Governments

None of the above was copied from Google :-)

i would avoid it just for the possible mis-construing of it possibly being "weed".
thailand is not the place to be a hemp crusader. take your campaign to a liberal western country and state like Portland, Oregon USA where you have more rights.

Edited by fey