Radar Detectors Or Jammers

Pepe'

If I leave my home here in San Diego without my radar detector I don't like it.

It's legal here, jammers are not. When we were kids we used to put aluminum foil in our hub caps and it was supposed to screw up the police radar.

Even though I don't have the same lead foot of my youth, 5 miles an hour over the limit is still a hefty fine and points on the license.

I thought I have seen radar used in the past in Thailand... :o

Well I got stopped and fined for speeding in Sa Kaeo

The copper said I was caught on a radar but I do not know if it was true.

The fine was 100 baht and that was the only one after ten years in Thailand, so I reckon it is not worth the trouble of bringing your radar with you.

I have never even heard of a radar speed trap or the use of radar here, and I have never seen any of the speed laws either obeyed or enforced,They might be enforced in BKK or on the expressways but I doubt it,and anyone getting a ticket for it was just because the cop needed a few extra baht.

Aluminum in your hubcaps :o WOW if you went for that one,then you might need you detector in Thailand ..

By the way, I have a very nice bridge across the bay between Frisco and Marin county that I would like to sell,are ya interested?

I had a copper stop me once when I was doing like 150, however he did not know that. He did claim to have radar. Then I says to him 'radar? where?' then he admitted to actually not having radar. :o In the end went on without a fine. :D

There are a couple of radar units supposed to be in use, but they're probably broken or not in service anymore by now..

It sometimes seems you get stopped for all kinds of things, but not the most common ones of speeding, running a red light or drunk driving. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

I had a copper stop me once when I was doing like 150, however he did not know that. He did claim to have radar. Then I says to him 'radar? where?' then he admitted to actually not having radar. :o In the end went on without a fine. :D

There are a couple of radar units supposed to be in use, but they're probably broken or not in service anymore by now..

It sometimes seems you get stopped for all kinds of things, but not the most common ones of speeding, running a red light or drunk driving. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

I haven't seen radar in use, but am told they have some sets on trial. They seem to be taking drink driving seriously nowdays.

I have had a radar detector here for over 15 years.

The latest version has laser detection as well.

In the early days it was useful, but I have not caught a sniff of police radar

for several year, but it may come back in fashion.

If the cops have a list of registration numbers and exact speeds, then they

probably do have radar. If it is just "you are going to fast" tell them you were

doing 90 and bluff them to prove otherwise. I was shown a radar gun once and the cop obligingly took a reading off an approaching car to show that it worked.

On your regular routes you will get to know where the cops hide. They are not very imaginative.

Tuck the detector in your suitcase and bring it.

By the way it is illegal here!!!!!