Woodchip Needed

tomdfc

Having cleared some ground after builders were in and recovered some overgrown jungle would now like to hold the gain. In the wet season I suspect it will be green again in days, if not hours. Would like to spread woodchip on the recovered ground.

Have tried a few wood / sawmill sites without success so far. Does anyone know where we might source the woodchip. We are in Sansai. (The ground area is about 60 sq metres best guess, but a second larger area will follow.)

Thanks.

If you put wood chips down you could encourage termites to take hold,and they are even

worse than any weeds, look at getting some thick black plastic,and put that down it will

kill all the weeds, until you want to plant up your garden,look at garden centres behind

Tesco/Lotus on Super Highway they have it in big rolls and not expensive.

regards worgeordie

locals use chopped coconut shells for mulch to keep weed growth down, but I agree the black landscape fabric is nice too. You can bury it under an inch of top soil and cut holes for where you want plants to come through. I use it on my flower beds saves a lot of extra weeding.

Kamthieng market shredded coconut husk works well as mulch @ 50 to 60 baht per BIG sack.

Rob..and if you didnt know, there is a cocunut husk shredder yard just across the river at Pa Daed just beyond the temple and the local market. Maybe 2 big bags for 50bt?

With thanks to all for helpful suggestions. In the end we spent a morning working with our Burmese neighbours and barrowed up a load of mulch from our adjoining wooded area. Happy to give them the work and pay, glad we got the job done.

(Postscript - this bit of land is an unwalled extension of our property which has a spirit house for the locals, that bit of information explaining how it was that late last night some cretin actually drove a car across the now cleared, mulched and very aesthetically-pleasing piece of ground - there was no need to do this, no dead-end, etc. Amazing Thailand.)