Man flees Bangkok after stabbing girlfriend in broad daylight

webfact

That's a pretty disturbing video.

I'll still never understand how a person can hurt or kill another person so easily in this country...

One can only hope her family find him before the police...

It's not a Thai thing. Don't you know that there are murders all over the world every day.

Really? I did not know that.

Given this is a Thai forum, and this was a Thai incident, and I live in Thailand...my comments were based on Thailand. Understand?

But nice try rationalizing the stabbing.

Edited by DLock

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 people a day are shot and killed in the good old USA. Let's not point a finger at the Thais. Yea, they do get after each other and always a good idea to stay out of it.

Macho Thainess at it's best, not only do we have a brutal stabbing of a 20 year old girl, but I'm greeted with news of a reported rape of a British 19 year old this morning. This is the very reason I do not have any male Thai friends, they are too emotionally volitile and cannot be trusted not to shoot you after one beer, then run back to mummy.

Someone's been here longer than 5 minutes. Congratulations.

Fanning the injured --prior to wound care-- is part of first aid procedure?

Thainess. Wait for stabbed bleeding woman to fall to the ground to help her .... by fanning her.

Fom the Thainess Manual on maintenance and prevention:

Wait for something to break or go terrible wrong and only then, mend and/or replace if it is strictly necessary.

In case of crimes committed in your presence: wait for the perpetrator to do the customary runner and wait until safe to do something about the victim only if it is strictly necessary.

Catch him and do the same and more to him, do you ever get tired of here about all the violence that exist, not just in Thailand same in Baltimore and Furgerson in USA. These are all Felons, just send them to judgement, I am not talking about a Court !!

I'll still never understand how a person can hurt or kill another person so easily in this country...

Let me help you understand. It's a fault in human behavior and happens everywhere. Why would you think this country is any different?

My thoughts are with the injured girl, I hope she has a swift and comfortable recovery in hospital, and has a much happier life in the future.

Young able-bodied man stabs beautiful girl, equals psychopath. Relationship irrelevant. Capture as priority, throw the key away as far as you can.

Let me help you understand. It's a fault in human behavior and happens everywhere. Why would you think this country is any different?

This is not "everywhere".

I don't really care about "everywhere".

But I hope you sleep better at night knowing it happens "everywhere".

Catch him and do the same and more to him, do you ever get tired of here about all the violence that exist, not just in Thailand same in Baltimore and Furgerson in USA. These are all Felons, just send them to judgement, I am not talking about a Court !!

Missing the good old days with the Loyal White Knights??

it is premeditated attempted murder.

life sentence in Thai prison without the possibility of parole. Next.

Premeditated: characterized by fully conscious willful intent and a measure of forethought and planning

here we go again "in this country" - cos all other countries are murder free right ?!!

Again for the hard of thinking Thailand is nowhere near the top of the murder league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I'll bet you do not live or holiday in any of the top 5. Thailand is a popular tourist destination.

very sad indeed .... usually it's the other way around ...

I doubt that very much It is unlikely that Thai Female on Male life-threatening violence stats ever exceed Thai Male on Female life-threatening violence stats. Oh, yes, and I have seen Thai women "lose it" as well and it is an unforgettable sight.

Edited by The Deerhunter

I was rejected by a woman once... It made me sad, so I sat in a corner feeling sorry for myself for a couple of hours. I guess this another way of dealing with such matters...

Good job you didn’t turn into the Incredible Sulk. thumbsup.gif

Den

This was already on Thai need this afternoon. More disturbing than the vdo is the fact that the TV station aired it.

Could be a good thing the TV putting it on air. Maybe someone will contact the police and tell them which this apology for a man is

Fanning the injured --prior to wound care-- is part of first aid procedure?

I think she's keeping the bbq going. One person seems to reach down & pick something up to eat.

Come on, this older man was trying his best in a situation he and most of us had never experienced. He didn't know what to do and he not run away or ignore her, rather he helped. She got to the hospital. Let's hope she pulls through and the man who attacked her is put away for a long time.

And this insensitive nonsense about "keeping the bbq going" is trashy.

I agree. Violence against women in the world is rampant.

Though it was terrible to watch. Each and every one of the people that assisted her, put their lives in danger for another human being. Once again, people critisize the victim and the helpless helpers.

As a comparison in Australia, with a population of approx 24 million, two women a week are murdered by men, usually by current or ex male partner.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4215739.htm

The source of this 'statistic' of "two women a week..." was amended on 16 April 2015 . It states, "Women die this way in Australia at the rate of slightly more than one a week, according to Australian Institute of Criminology statistics – 109 in 2010-11 and 2011-12 combined. Unofficial figures for the first few months of 2015 show a similar rate."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/06/quentin-bryce-urges-focus-on-gender-inequality-to-tackle-domestic-violence

PS. The figure for men killed by intimate partners in Australia is about 1 every 10 days.

Does anyone know the stats for Thailand?

Thai men rape 19 year old and Thai man stabs his girl friend with scissor. No respect by Thai men in Thailand for women. Centuries now it can not change because of the history!

Another Thai male adult showing his "manliness" and emotional maturity.

cheesy.gif

Normally I would agree however I have seen this same thing (male stabbing female) in Soho and Kings Cross (Sydney), and a lot of other places as well. At least in Thailand if you had your thing with you then you could have brought him down and then walked away to let the locals deal with it.

I was rejected by a woman once... It made me sad, so I sat in a corner feeling sorry for myself for a couple of hours. I guess this another way of dealing with such matters...

Good job you didn’t turn into the Incredible Sulk. thumbsup.gif

Den

Oh so easy to talk. I think I would rather be an incredible Sulk than in insufferable fool.

Ah Nice.....Thainess at its finest!

Every time a thread is published pertaining to crimes committed by Thais, the racist Thai bashers begin overpowering the posts and using them as platforms to air their views against all things Thai. I have also noticed that those morons seem to receive the most likes from other Thai bashing morons to give more power to their viewpoints.

Heinous crimes happen in Thailand as well as anywhere else and there are many countries that have crime rates, which far exceed Thailand. For example, a 16 year old girl was recently beaten and burn`t alive by a mob in Guatemala while the police stood by and done nothing.

The guy attempted to murder his girlfriend due to a domestic dispute that happens frequently in countries worldwide. I fail to understand why being Thai makes this guy unique unless you are racist and have an I am a superior race attitude?

I agree.

They should all be more like me.

I hate everybody equally.