Blatter wins re-election despite FIFA corruption scandal

Lite Beer

It's a bluff though. Sepp knows they won't actually follow through and withdraw their sponsorship. Fair play to them for going public with their disapproval though like.

Also when you've lost the moral high ground to McDonalds and Coca Cola you should have a very long hard look into your own soul.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blatter has now been suspended for 90 days.....and also looks like enough mud flying Platini's way to rule him out of a succession.

Corrupt scum the pair of them.

Not officially suspended yet Smokie. Only a recommendation. One hopes it will be soon but he still has some hired hands as a barrier.

Blatter has now been suspended for 90 days.....and also looks like enough mud flying Platini's way to rule him out of a succession.

Not officially suspended yet Smokie. Only a recommendation. One hopes it will be soon but he still has some hired hands as a barrier.

Quite true...for a doddery old fool he will likely go on until he is indicted by the feds and incarcerated.

Quite true...for a doddery old fool he will likely go on until he is indicted by the feds and incarcerated.

I say turn him over to Joey Barton first for a full confession.

he'll never resign, they're going to have to finish him. he won't resign because he's utterly convinced that he has done nothing wrong.

LONDON (CNN) —It's an organization mired in allegations of corruption and wrongdoing, and now key figures within FIFA have turned on each other with threats of litigation.

Chung Mong-joon, the South Korean candidate for the presidency of world football's governing body, says he plans to launch a $100 million lawsuit against current chief Sepp Blatter.

Billionaire businessman Chung labeled Blatter a "hypocrite" and a "liar" while addressing the Leaders in Sport Business Summit in London Wednesday.

The proposed lawsuit centers on Blatter's refusal to reveal his wages and expenses during a FIFA Executive Committee meeting in 2002.

According to the legal advice Chung says he has received, he says he could sue Blatter for $100 million in "damages and compensation proportionate to the damage he inflicted on FIFA."

"Back in 2002, during an ExCo meeting I asked President Blatter his salary and expenses but he refused," Chung told reporters.

"Naturally for President Blatter to get paid without ExCo approval is embezzlement. That is why I plan to sue Mr. Blatter on his embezzlement in court," he said.

"In this day when you can find out the salary of a company president or a prime minister any time, we still don't know what Mr. Blatter's salary is."

Chung added: "Everyone is calling for Mr. Blatter's resignation because they know that he is the source of the problems. Whenever I speak to football leaders, most of them agree Mr. Blatter is corrupt -- but they will never speak out."

Blatter has so far not responded to Chung's allegations and his lawyer was not immediately available for comment.

The 79-year-old head of football's world governing body is currently under investigation by the Swiss authorities for "criminal mismanagement" and is suspected of signing a contract that was "unfavorable to FIFA" and making a "disloyal payment" to Michel Platini, the head of European governing body UEFA.

Blatter has denied those allegations and says there has been no wrongdoing on his part.

Blatter, who has been in charge of FIFA since 1998, will step down in February despite defeating Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein in May's election.

He announced his decision in June after several key FIFA officials were arrested in Zurich at the request of U.S. investigators.

Chung also wants Blatter and Jerome Valcke, the general secretary of of FIFA who is currently suspended pending an investigation into ticket fraud allegations, to face legal action over a sponsorship row between VISA and Mastercard.

In 2007, FIFA paid $90 million to settle a case with Mastercard, which had been a World Cup sponsor for 16 years before losing the contract to VISA.

Valcke, then a marketing director, was relieved of his duties after being suspended for leaking details of the sponsorship talks with Mastercard to VISA before being re-hired later.

"In the VISA-Mastercard case, the judge said FIFA is not fit to use the 'Fair Play' slogan," Chung said.

"The judge used the word 'lied' 13 times in her verdict -- those lies cost FIFA $100 million.

"The case should have been dealt with as a criminal case, not a civil case. That was corruption. Why should FIFA pay the fine for Mr Blatter and Mr Valcke's corruption? They should pay the fine from their own pockets."

Chung is himself currently facing suspension from FIFA after being hit with several charges relating to violations to the organization's code of ethics.

The charges, which Chung strenuously denies, relate to the bidding process or the 2018 World Cup in Russia and 2022 tournament in Qatar.

He has accused Blatter and his "FIFA cronies" of trying to sabotage his presidential campaign.

"Ever since I announced my candidacy, numerous leaks from the Investigatory Chamber have been made to the press," Chung, who was speaking at the Leaders Sport Business Summit 2015, added.

"The most recent leak even specified dates on which the Ethics Committee would announce sanctions against me. They learned this from 'highly-placed' FIFA executive committee and ethics committee sources."

IOC getting involved ? They need either a water cannon or a flame thrower to clean up FIFA. They're corrupt from the top down.

Its great to see Platini being shaken down as well...master and pupil in the same filth.

Here, here smokes. I don't know which I hate the most. I'd vote for El Hadj Diouf before I'd put a cross in their box.

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA (read Blatter) just gets more ludicrous every day.

Sepp Blatter says Russia 2018 agreement made before vote

Sepp Blatter says it was "agreed" to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia before the vote even took place.

Blatter's revelation was made during an interview with a Russian news agency in which he also called his current suspension "total nonsense" and blamed FIFA's ongoing crisis on the last-minute decision of four Europeans to endorse Qatar as 2022 hosts.

Russia and Qatar were awarded hosting rights in December 2010 but, according to Blatter, the plan within FIFA was for Russia and the United States - not Qatar - to hold successive tournaments.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12098/10046507/sepp-blatter-says-russia-2018-agreement-made-before-vote

Dyke is being pressured to sue FIFA for the costs of England's bid.

I hope and he does, and I hope the others follow suit.

They face the embarrassment of their Machiavellian transactions being exposed, or the embarrassment of paying to cover it up.

Win-Win!

• 3 weeks later...

Sepp Blatter on Swiss TV....." I was close to death. I was sat between angels singing and the fire of the devil"

So......even the Devil won't take himbiggrin.png

Thanks to Gary Lineker for that one.

He's crazy as bat <deleted>.

FIFA's ethics committee have recommended Platini is banned for life and it is expected Blatter will get the same......fingers crossed.

FIFA wants life ban for Michel Platini over suspect payment

FIFA's ethics committee wants to ban Michel Platini from football for life over a suspect payment, the UEFA chief's lawyer has revealed.

Platini is serving a 90-day suspension on corruption charges over a £1.35m payment he received from FIFA president Sepp Blatter, who is also suspended.

Platini's lawyer Thibaud d'Ales described FIFA's life ban demand as a "scandal" and "excessive".

Full story:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10077102/fifa-wants-life-ban-for-michel-platini-over-suspect-payment

• 2 weeks later...

I'm soooo looking forward to these scumbags dropping the soap in the prison showers.

w00t.gif

Fifa arrests: High-ranking officials detained at Zurich hotel

Two "high-ranking" Fifa officials have been arrested in a dawn raid at a Swiss hotel on suspicion of accepting millions of dollars of bribes.
Police swooped on the luxury Baur au Lac hotel in Zurich, where several Fifa officials were arrested in May.
A two-day meeting of Fifa's executive committee is taking place in the city to vote on reforms.
"Fifa became aware of the actions taken today by the US Department of Justice," football's world governing body said.
"Fifa will continue to co-operate fully with the US investigation as permitted by Swiss law, as well as with the investigation being led by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General.
"Fifa will have no further comment on today's developments."

Over the last two, or more, decades FIFA has become a Mafia-like organization. Why anybody would think there are FIFA officials who are not guilty is beyond me. FIFA is a criminal enterprise.

Nice day yesterday with more of these turdcutters getting nabbed and the heavy hand falling on Pistorius.

Old Testament Jelly

Over the last two, or more, decades FIFA has become a Mafia-like organization. Why anybody would think there are FIFA officials who are not guilty is beyond me. FIFA is a criminal enterprise.

Nice day yesterday with more of these turdcutters getting nabbed and the heavy hand falling on Pistorius.

Old Testament Jelly

wasnt the judge in his trial a member of FIFA. NO NO NO thats that other organization.

Archived