Does old husband and young Thai wife combo work ?

There is 35 years difference between my gf and I and her family has accepted me from the beginning. We have been living together just over a year but dated for a few months prior. My gf works and makes 20k + a month in a respectable job, goes to school on Sundaysto further her education, studies reading, writing and speaking English at home and helps take care of the house. She is a beautiful young lady and says I look very smart. I look much younger than my age and in great shape. By living with me her standard of living has increased but other than a few gifts, Birthday, college graduation, Christmas she pays for her own things with her earned money.

So yes, it can work and the family can accept the relationship.

Haha. Why is it that everyone on thaivisa whose wife is old enough to be their daughter, always handsome, younger then they look, fit, not fat or bald

While their wife is hot, have a hot body, not a bar girl, speaks 17 languages and has 15 degrees and is upper level management ?????

Delusion at its finest

There are a lot of late 30 / early 40's good women with degrees and/or successful legitimate business women that think they are old now and wanting to settle down.....And it seems like the successful long relationships have the same common traits (just like the the high failure relationships have their own pattern/traits)......

A LOT of guys just can't seem to get their heads out of their @$$ or bar scene or take the time to seek out a good women.....Chances are they also have histories in their home countries with the same kind of women - and are comfortable in that environment/groove = until - they are not......

Funny how the disgruntled posters feel compelled to make themselves known - adding nothing more than a window look into their sad little world......

Yes, you are perhaps right, but isn't it also funny how guys with much younger girlfriends are often posting about how amazing they are. Clearly, you enjoy the novelty of it, which I would like to hear you bluntly admit.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried dating someone 26 years younger (im 45). We got along good with each other, but when we were in public i became increasingly self-conscious about how people were staring and the vibe about the age gap. She did not notice it as much. This led to me being more careful and watching how i acted with her around others. I was not really being myself.

Eventually it became an issue/felt weird that i could not completely overcome. Meeting the parents was also out for either of us. Just seemed too weird/afraid of possible negative appraisals.

The magic number is half your age +7

That's what parents used to say. They separated after 21 years of marriage.

My magic number is just half my age.

Granted, each to their own, I was just making a suggestion to Fey, given he's concerned about the onlookers! Its a good starting point.

Works out great! Don't listen to the jaded losers on this thread who say it's all about money. For them probably so as most have none and are cheap which is why they are in Thailand to begin with. We know many such happy couples here in the U.S. A Thsi woman's love is special once you've earned her trust and devotion. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

There is 35 years difference between my gf and I and her family has accepted me from the beginning. We have been living together just over a year but dated for a few months prior. My gf works and makes 20k + a month in a respectable job, goes to school on Sundaysto further her education, studies reading, writing and speaking English at home and helps take care of the house. She is a beautiful young lady and says I look very smart. I look much younger than my age and in great shape. By living with me her standard of living has increased but other than a few gifts, Birthday, college graduation, Christmas she pays for her own things with her earned money.

Haha. Why is it that everyone on thaivisa whose wife is old enough to be their daughter, always handsome, younger then they look, fit, not fat or bald

While their wife is hot, have a hot body, not a bar girl, speaks 17 languages and has 15 degrees and is upper level management ?????

Delusion at its finest

There are a lot of late 30 / early 40's good women with degrees and/or successful legitimate business women that think they are old now and wanting to settle down.....And it seems like the successful long relationships have the same common traits (just like the the high failure relationships have their own pattern/traits)......

A LOT of guys just can't seem to get their heads out of their @$$ or bar scene or take the time to seek out a good women.....Chances are they also have histories in their home countries with the same kind of women - and are comfortable in that environment/groove = until - they are not......

Funny how the disgruntled posters feel compelled to make themselves known - adding nothing more than a window look into their sad little world......

Yes, you are perhaps right, but isn't it also funny how guys with much younger girlfriends are often posting about how amazing they are. Clearly, you enjoy the novelty of it, which I would like to hear you bluntly admit.

Seems to me it's always the fit, attractive, babe-magnet "young" guys here moaning about all the old guys with young gash that start all these same tired threads over and over ad-nausea.

Just sayin'

Delusion at its finest

your a fool and I am a luck man , that's why :)

I tried dating someone 26 years younger (im 45). We got along good with each other, but when we were in public i became increasingly self-conscious about how people were staring and the vibe about the age gap. She did not notice it as much. This led to me being more careful and watching how i acted with her around others. I was not really being myself.

Eventually it became an issue/felt weird that i could not completely overcome. Meeting the parents was also out for either of us. Just seemed too weird/afraid of possible negative appraisals.

this is perhaps another reason why young ladies like us older Great Looking secure minded educated guys. The middle aged guys are so insecure that they worry about what everyone thinks.... Hahaha.... One more time.... Hahaha

I thought I'd ask a question for the old fellas with the young Thai girl;

What do you do together that you both love?

I'm not talking about cooking, driving around the country together, or raising your children.

I'm wishing to know what real common loves you have together?

Perhaps, what drew you together in the first place?

Do you have similarities, passions as individuals that suit or complement one another?

Do you crave to do activities together outside of your home or family life?

this is perhaps another reason why young ladies like us older Great Looking secure minded educated guys. The middle aged guys are so insecure that they worry about what everyone thinks.... Hahaha.... One more time.... Hahaha

Only a young & immature man would say that.

If you read my first post I made on this topic I said basically the young guys and the older can't agree on anything and after many posts again I have been proven correct, thank you :) .

I just want to know why do you young guys care? Did some older guy pork your gf ? Did you make a move on a younger girl to have an older guy take her away? Are you lacking in the meat department ? Are you so insecure with your life that you have to blame others for your lack of female company ? Really... What is the reason ???

We state the facts, you see with your own eyes, but you continue with this jealous behavior.

I'm not talking about cooking, driving around the country together, or raising your children.

Do you have similarities, passions as individuals that suit or complement one another?

same questions to you younger guy ?

It will work as long as the money flow doesn't stop, she might entertain some young cocks on the side as well.

Sounds like you hang around with the crowd of women.

My wife is 29 years younger than me, and the most important factors are that she is not a bar girl, a drinker, a gambler or a party girl. Her parents are long deceased. Things are fine.

It amazes me that so many guys here get involved with questionable characters and then they wonder what went wrong.

Same as the above only a 51 year difference she is not a bar girl, a drinker, a gambler or a party girl and her parents are still alive. I have none of the 3 previously mentioned sins as I could not be a bar girl. We have been together about 40 months now all is well. Yes there has to be some money flowing but did not sell the farm so to speak. When we first met we agreed on a set figure monthly and no bugging for extra money and she has stuck to that. I have never met any of her family except by mobile. She handles my money wisely uses my bank card always gets the cash receipt. We live a quiet life lots of movies push biking walking talking the simple life. I doubt if I could duplicate this again.

Works out great! Don't listen to the jaded losers on this thread who say it's all about money. For them probably so as most have none and are cheap which is why they are in Thailand to begin with. We know many such happy couples here in the U.S. A Thsi woman's love is special once you've earned her trust and devotion. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

So sorry AZBill Gates. So if the old boys

are so wealthy, why do they need to

come to Thailand to find a younger

woman? Surely they can afford to pay

the price for her farangland equivalent?

They don't work out great. Line up 100

conventional age marriages and 10 in

which the man's 60+ and his wife's 20s

or 30s and I guarantee the latter group

will have more instances of failure.

Money only compensates boredom for

so long and often, there's younger

cock in the henhouse.

We state the facts, you see with your own eyes, but you continue with this jealous behavior.

Ah the jealousy card always makes an

appearance. Why would any younger

guy worth his salt be jealous of an old

guy's ability to buy a woman in Thailand?

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

As in shouldn't the old guy be jealous of

the younger guy's ability to get an

attractive woman to give herself freely?

You're only 25 and you'r already saying "girls are girls, never trust them." ... uhmm... sorry for you, mate... .

Quite right "FACTOR."

Callow youth. Possibly too full of the "singing sauce" to even know if what he "had" was Arthur or Martha.

My wife, like yours is from a typical, decent Thai Family.

Her parents are long since deceased, she and her sisters are all very well educated, far better perhaps than some of the guys who come here and think they'll have a "little Dalliance with one or ten of the Natives."

My wife is 11 years younger than me, we have been together for a LONG time and have a teenage daughter. We've lived abroad and are now back in Thailand as I have retired. My wife runs our household, money, investments and has my total trust.

Honestly, I do get fed up with the arrogance and ignorance of some of the Ferangs who come here.

So sorry AZBill Gates. So if the old boys

are so wealthy, why do they need to

come to Thailand to find a younger

woman? Surely they can afford to pay

the price for her farangland equivalent?

They don't work out great. Line up 100

conventional age marriages and 10 in

which the man's 60+ and his wife's 20s

or 30s and I guarantee the latter group

will have more instances of failure.

Money only compensates boredom for

so long and often, there's younger

cock in the henhouse.

Unlike men, women young or old generally fool around when they feel their marriage lacks love, intimacy or security, not to have indiscriminate sex.

Contrary to popular belief, men and women are significantly different.

A dead friend used to say: Women give sex to receive love, men give love to receive sex."

Edited by mogandave

So you young guys of today enjoy spending hours on end shopping, getting your hair done, putting on makeup, watching soap operas and having lunch with your mother?

Jeeze, I am out of the loop. That may explain why so many of you guys are jumping the fence...

Is this what's important for youngsters' relationships these days? How dull they must be!

"I don't know ANY couples back home where the husband works and the wife stayed at home and watches tv soaps. So why would it be different here?

She would love to walk but it would be difficult as she has no skills.

Like millions of Thai women, but they don't live with a man- they go out and do whatever it takes. Of course being with a man that pays is preferrable to working in a sweat shop or planting rice for 3,000 a month, but it is her choice to stay."

I agree with you. Back in the U.S. Almost Everyone works. I see here however some farangs prefer to have their wife's not work and stay home to take care of them. Or some I know say why work 50+ hours 6 days a week and make peanuts. Some ladies are just too lazy and lay around and want everything done for them. Everyone has their on reasons but for me I prefer to empower my lady. Give her the skills to stand on her own.

As you suggest the sweat shop or rice field is an option but most after living the nice life style would not want and some could not physically do the work. They get locked into an unhappy situation.

That's fine as long as she earns her money by actually looking after the old guy, and not gossiping with the neighbours all day.

You don't know the answer to that? cheesy.gif

The most trouble we encountered was with my wife's parents.

I visited her in PHS and half way through our first holiday I thought a day in Bangkok for shopping was a great idea and my then future wife was more than happy with the plan.

Anyway, I had a text the morning after my wife told her parents and they weren't happy with the arrangement. I replied that I'll return home if she wasn't allowed to come to Bangkok for the day.

We were to catch the first flight from PHS and return on the last flight of the day. Nothing sinister but I respected the parents thoughts, but had to push back to make the gain.

I got my way and we've been happily married for nearly five years.

I also purchased a necklace that day in Bangkok and the white gold pendant has turned out to be one of a kind . My wife would be most upset if she ever lost it. The merchant and I haggled until I got him down to 16000 baht from 21000. Not a lot of money but one of our most cherished purchases - just because it means so much to my wife.

My GF would kill me if I got her White Gold, No Real. 555555

Ah the jealousy card always makes an

appearance. Why would any younger

guy worth his salt be jealous of an old

guy's ability to buy a woman in Thailand?

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

As in shouldn't the old guy be jealous of

the younger guy's ability to get an

attractive woman to give herself freely?

The problem is that I don't pay.

It will work as long as the money flow doesn't stop, she might entertain some young cocks on the side as well.

My wife is 29 years younger than me, and the most important factors are that she is not a bar girl, a drinker, a gambler or a party girl. Her parents are long deceased. Things are fine.

It amazes me that so many guys here get involved with questionable characters and then they wonder what went wrong.

"Questionable characters" ? I love TV so full of self righteous pontificating gentleman. All with unscrupulous character.

Hmmmm. Obviously I went wrong falling in love with a woman who's parent was alive.

Actually, my real problem is the sibling's son. Oh well, next time around I'll only look for orphans that have no relatives.

Delusion at its finest

Maybe because younger girls prefer younger looking older guys who are fit, and not fat or bald?

Most older guys are also likely to be attracted to young girls who are hot looking, rather than unattractive, girls. Is that unusual?

really?? my gramps is 95 years old and looks about 80, but he doesnt have a single young girl chasing him down!!!! (he's not in thailand by the way)

most of the older guys that I know want a attractive for their age lady who has a great personality, and arent interested in a girl their daughters age

the way I see it, 90% of the girls that I know have wanted a guy between 1-5 years older than them, not a generation older

women who go out with guys their dads age:

1. have daddy issues

2. in it for the money/visa/fame/connections (ie financial benefit in some way)

its interesting how every guy who needs to boast after you asked them for road directions about how unfat or unbald or unold they are , while their beaty is educated, never asks for a cent, hiso, not a bargirl (just a waitress) despite the 30 year age gap, I would guess would struggle with the ladies back home, younger or not

just sayin

ps I have no problem with this sort of relationship whatsoever, just be realistic and not delude yourself !

in fact I have a good friend who is not quite to that extent (15 years older ) \, wife is quite pleasant, but I wouldnt trust her when it comes to money

Delusion at its finest

Maybe because younger girls prefer younger looking older guys who are fit, and not fat or bald?

Most older guys are also likely to be attracted to young girls who are hot looking, rather than unattractive, girls. Is that unusual?

really?? my gramps is 95 years old and looks about 80, but he doesnt have a single young girl chasing him down!!!! (he's not in thailand by the way)

most of the older guys that I know want a attractive for their age lady who has a great personality, and arent interested in a girl their daughters age

the way I see it, 90% of the girls that I know have wanted a guy between 1-5 years older than them, not a generation older

women who go out with guys their dads age:

1. have daddy issues

2. in it for the money/visa/fame/connections (ie financial benefit in some way)

I thought it was obvious I was referring to Thailand.