Given Birth W/ Dr. Sankiat?

StrongView

So my wife is 6 mo pregnant and we've been seeing Dr. Sankiat @ Samitivej Suk. I've got some feedback from some people on this doc, but I'd like to hear some from others. If you've had a baby with him please post your experiences here. If you hated him, tell me who you liked. If you liked him...tell me why. I appreciate any and all info I can gather. Thanks ahead of time.

This seems a bit of a dangerous thread. However. Although I haven't actually given birth with him, five of my friends have. All recommended him as someone who listens and takes the parents wishes into consideration. :D

I have had a couple of smears with him :D and found him competent. His hair is abit mental though. :D

Good luck with the baby. :o

We had him for our daughter. Highly highly recommended.

Apart from being an extremely competent doctor, he's worked in the US for years, so he is able to relate to concerns westerners may have.

To see him in the consultation room, he comes across as a nice old uncle. Don't let that fool you. On the morning (ie 4am) of our little ones birth, he was there in a flash. Old uncle was replaced by Mr Proffessional. Great and reassuring. Totally in tune with what my wife wanted and handled the delivery wonderfully.

Samtivej as a rule, are pro-natural birth and Dr Sankiat is no exception. I am 150% certain on this. Our bubs was born naturally, and without drugs. Sounds counter intuative, but the more natural the birth, in our case, the faster my wife could recover from the birth. He will act in the best interests of your wife and baby, not in the interests of his or the hospitals hip pocket.