Big size Roti?

FireMedic

• 2 weeks later...

Just in Villa market or Foodland, they have 2 sizes also burritosize. And you can choose corn or wheat.

But those are tacowraps for mexican food.

I ate roti special yesterday from a surinam take-away and the roti pancake was something totally different then those in Thailand.

It was very thin, very large and foulded, there was something inside of it with great taste, some crushed herb or nut. It wasn't corn nor wheat, no idea what it exactly was made of but very nice.

Edited by Thian

Sweet? Savory? Murtabak?

For savory/murtabak:

There's a great stand in Paradise Park Food Court (Srinakrain Road), basement level (SW corner).

In town, there's a famous place near Pra Sumen (136 Phra Atit Road, near the turn away from the river).

There must be places in Pahurat, but I haven't looked.

My 'gold-standard' is Zam Zam in Singapore.

Edited by bamnutsak

That's a standard roti, but it looks like they were using two or three individual "patties" in order to make a medium or large roti?

At the two shops they are throwing roti (es) in similar fashion. At the Paradise Park stand, quite a long queue, they do this all day.

I guess it depends on what style: murtabak, canai, sweet, you are looking for?

A bit more popular in the south of Thailand, but there are some shops here in Bangkok...

Another: (location in details)

Oh i see, you mean a thai roti which we mostly call a pancake.

What is murtabak? Is that a flavour or so?

This is surinam roti, snakebeans, boiled egg, chicken, potato in a nice curry massala sauce. You eat it by taking a piece of roti and grab food with it.

post-228013-0-39870200-1434488317_thumb.