Thailand Brit murder suspects 'still waiting' on evidence review

Lite Beer

Sorry to make you sad, but as usual, you mis-read and mis-interpreted what was written - and then tried to disparage it. I wasn't even thinking of PBS when I wrote that. I was referring to the word 'conspiracy' and your favorite phrase 'conspiracy theory.' Actually, the examples I used should bring a smile to your face, because it precludes the police, from just below the top of the pyramic on down, from being part of a conspiracy to nail the B2. If there is a conspiracy to fudge the data, it would only need to be among those at the very top - to result in the quagmire the B2 are in now.

And I still didn't get an answer to what PBS you're referring to. Is it the US's PBS, or some Thai entity?

Let me help you; he is talking about Thai PBS, the broadcaster, the one that produced an entire segment proving that your theories are wrong:

Happy to oblige.

How amazing. Now Nomsod doesn't have to be mentioned and still someone who doesn't know him, flies in to defend him.

Nope - you mentioned his name. Boomerangutang mentioned CCTV and added PBS to the list of people / groups in on the conspiracy

Nope - Someone mentioned CCTV and PBS and someone posted a video of a certain person.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is that simply the Judge was overruled by Superior Judges who said that, under Thai Criminal Procedure, there is no pre-trial discovery of the Prosecution's evidence by the Defense.

Yes, that is the most likely reason.

We're led to believe the judge or two judges assigned to the trial are the top authorities in the trial. Now we hear there may be a higher authority. And where does the PM stand in relation to the power structure of the courts? Are the courts independent from the government? - even though they're all public servants and (purportedly) paid from the public coffers by taxpayers. When the judge(s) rule on this case in late September, are we (the general public) and the defendants supposed to assume it's the judges themselves ruling, or is it a higher authority? I'm probably not supposed to be asking questions like this. After all, this is Thailand, and we're all supposed to accept whatever authority dishes out, and not question anything - at least not publicly.

And, if the most recent decision (to possibly allow review of pertinent evidence starting at the first day of the trial), is made by a higher authority, why isn't that stated plainly? Maybe because this is Asia, and people are supposed to forever 'read between the lines' and try to decipher what's really going on. I don't think there's a Thai word for 'being frank'. It's too alien a concept. So where does that leave us, the general public? Back where we've been and where we're headed: guessing what and why certain decisions are made from higher authorities - because there's rarely clarity.

I said that my answer was a guess. If you don't like my answer to the query as to why access was denied as a procedural matter, then what is yours?

Edited by JLCrab

As for hypothetical scenarios of the crime. Any posters are allowed to do that. I put forth a supposed crime scenario within the first weeks of the crime. As the weeks and months passed, I tweaked that scenario a bit to fit additional bits of data and upon further reflection - though it's still quite close to my initial thoughts - and miles apart from the reenactment put forth by the RTP. Supposed crime scenarios are also what the defense and prosection are and will be doing - though they may be apprised of more data than those of us posting herein. On the other hand, there may be bits of data and/or insights which neither the prosecution and/or the defense are fully aware of - or perhaps things they deemed insignificant, which are actually significant. We don't know if any members of the defense or prosecution are reading this blog. I assume, if the prosecution is reading some things here, they're perspective (and their battle plan) is in line with those on this thread who do all they can to try and find dirt on the B2, while concurrently shield the H's people.

The scenario from the people with actual access to actual evidence differs from yours, well, what a surprise.

Of course you haven't refined your "scenario", even when your premises has been proven to be wrong you still cling to your conclusions which, surprise again, fit splendidly with your own prejudices.

That and clinging to a parallel reality where this "I assume, if the prosecution is reading some things here, they're perspective (and their battle plan) is in line with those on this thread who do all they can to try and find dirt on the B2, while concurrently shield the H's people.

" passes for rational thinking. Here's a clue, disproving patently unsound arguments doesn't make one part of a vast conspiracy.

"The scenario from the people with actual access to actual evidence differs from yours, well, what a surprise." according to AleG.

AleG must be referring to the scenario the prosecution and RTP are painting. Yes, we're aware of the reenactment. It was ridiculous, at best. Much of the time, the defendents had twice-as-large cops on each arm, guiding every movement. The tool used to depict the hoe was used, sharp end down, to kill David while David was prone on his back. The scenario had two small men overpowering two farang, one of whom was twice their size. If that's the scenario H's shielders want to believe, then that's their choice.

The RTP has chosen not to look for quantities of evidence. They've likely hidden or destroyed much evidence. Some evidence looks to have been planted. Much of the evidence they have presented (via press releases) thus far, appears to be either falsely ascertained, purposefully mis-labeled, contaminated/badly handled, and/or examined by non-professionals.

Which parts of that mess are 'actual evidence' (to use AleG's term)?

Let me help you; he is talking about Thai PBS, the broadcaster, the one that produced an entire segment proving that your theories are wrong:

Happy to oblige.

Whether or not the video of NS walking through the apt lobby is real is fast becoming a moot point. The reason: it can be shown that a desperate young man with money could readily get from the island to Bkk in much less time (1 to 2 hours less), than the time between the crime and the video. Will RTP investigators want to pursue that avenue? Of course not. They won't want to consider anything which might implicate a person they're trying to shield.

I still haven't got an answer to a simple Q: is there any video showing NS entering the lobby that weekend (specifically; Sunday evening/night or Monday morn)? It would be interesting to see that video and its time stamp.

Edited by boomerangutang

In reply to JLCrab Post #548:-

As someone earlier said, this is a chat room.

It is indeed, and I do believe that that is exactly what Adriana and I were doing until you interrupted us with your inane comment. I guess next you'll be posting stupid Marx Bros quotes (accompanied by pics of course to try to convince everyone how clever you are, and have a rather superior sense of humour) If you want to join in the "chat" by all means do so, but please refrain from the sarcastic, childish comments that are to be quite honest, a sign of your superiority complex.

Thanks -- most on here would say I have an inferiority complex which I display by trying to muck up all your serious discussions about truth-and-justice.

I take that as an admission that you DO have a superiority complex, as you don't deny it, and once again you have managed to completely divert the discussion away from the topic in the hope of getting another "Like" from your bosom buddy JD. Oh, I've just noticed that you have - well done!

"I take that as an admission that you DO have a superiority complex, as you don't deny it," - now THERE"S an interesting piece of logic, i wonder how that would go down in court?????

Happy to oblige.

I was only asking about which PBS. I got an answer, thanks, but you couldn't help tagging on a derogaroty statement. I never said anything about a broadcaster or whether one was right or wrong about anything. I've come to expect some posters on here pulling nonsense from thin air, and then going on to use that fiction to cast aspersions at others.

Near the end of the special report by THAI PBS, there's a super fast forward (near the end of the report) which shows blips of (unidentifyable) people going in and out of the glass door at the lobby until 7:40 am Monday morning, Sept 15, which leaves a gap of nearly two hours prior to the clip at 9:30. Did NS enter during those 1 hour and 50 minutes which weren't shown?

In reply to JLCrab Post #548:-

As someone earlier said, this is a chat room.

It is indeed, and I do believe that that is exactly what Adriana and I were doing until you interrupted us with your inane comment. I guess next you'll be posting stupid Marx Bros quotes (accompanied by pics of course to try to convince everyone how clever you are, and have a rather superior sense of humour) If you want to join in the "chat" by all means do so, but please refrain from the sarcastic, childish comments that are to be quite honest, a sign of your superiority complex.

Thanks -- most on here would say I have an inferiority complex which I display by trying to muck up all your serious discussions about truth-and-justice.

I take that as an admission that you DO have a superiority complex, as you don't deny it, and once again you have managed to completely divert the discussion away from the topic in the hope of getting another "Like" from your bosom buddy JD. Oh, I've just noticed that you have - well done!

"I take that as an admission that you DO have a superiority complex, as you don't deny it," - now THERE"S an interesting piece of logic, i wonder how that would go down in court?????

What's with this complex complex?

Happy to oblige.

I was only asking about which PBS. I got an answer, thanks, but you couldn't help tagging on a derogaroty statement. I never said anything about a broadcaster or whether one was right or wrong about anything. I've come to expect some posters on here pulling nonsense from thin air, and then going on to use that fiction to cast aspersions at others.

Near the end of the special report by THAI PBS, there's a super fast forward (near the end of the report) which shows blips of (unidentifyable) people going in and out of the glass door at the lobby until 7:40 am Monday morning, Sept 15, which leaves a gap of nearly two hours prior to the clip at 9:30. Did NS enter during those 1 hour and 50 minutes which weren't shown?

"I've come to expect some posters on here pulling nonsense from thin air" :rolleyes:

You mean like this:

...The RTP has chosen not to look for quantities of evidence. They've likely hidden or destroyed much evidence. Some evidence looks to have been planted. Much of the evidence they have presented (via press releases) thus far, appears to be either falsely ascertained, purposefully mis-labeled, contaminated/badly handled, and/or examined by non-professionals.

The only one trying to get rid of evidence is you. It doesn't fit your narrative?, then it's fake, simple as that; no need to actually prove or even make an argument why that is so, you say so, then it's fake.

Happy to oblige.

Whether or not the video of NS walking through the apt lobby is real is fast becoming a moot point. The reason: it can be shown that a desperate young man with money could readily get from the island to Bkk in much less time (1 to 2 hours less), than the time between the crime and the video. Will RTP investigators want to pursue that avenue? Of course not. They won't want to consider anything which might implicate a person they're trying to shield.

I still haven't got an answer to a simple Q: is there any video showing NS entering the lobby that weekend (specifically; Sunday evening/night or Monday morn)? It would be interesting to see that video and its time stamp.

Yes, for example by helicopter, then he rappelled down to get in through his dormitory window which explains why he is not seeing coming in through the lobby, taking the elevator or walking through the hallway to his dormitory since before the time of the murders until hours later. He was chucking out bills out the window to silence any witnesses too.

It's so easy to make things up, no wonder some people become hooked on it.

... and for some of you who think believing is seeing, devout Christians in Florida believed this reflection

as a Vision of the Virgin Mary and turned an empty bank building in to a Holy Shrine:

hqdefault.jpg

clearwater.jpg

Edited by JLCrab

for those of you who think seeing is believing and that video is solid evidence.....try this famous piece of footage.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3bfO1rE7Yg

So you are comparing real life CCTV footage with an ad deliberately shot and framed to be deceiving. Brilliant.

Well, who knows maybe it is like that and if the CCTV camera had been pointing just a little bit differently we would be seeing Nomsod walking into the beach at Koh Tao...

Happy to oblige.

Yes, for example by helicopter, then he rappelled down to get in through his dormitory window which explains why he is not seeing coming in through the lobby, taking the elevator or walking through the hallway to his dormitory since before the time of the murders until hours later. He was chucking out bills out the window to silence any witnesses too.

Are you trying to be witty or funny? To some of us, trying to ascertain who the real culprits are is serious biz. If some posters want to joke and post nonsense pics/videos - how about doing it in the 'Jokes' category of T.Visa. My posts refer to things which RTP investigators either:

>>> didn't think to look for, or

>>> looked for, but gave up for some such reasons: "it's private property, you can't see it" or

>>> looked for and found, but decided it wasn't worthwhile because; "it might implicate the protected people" or

>>> looked for and found, but chose to trash it because "it might implicate the wrong people" or because it didn't fit with what superior officers and/or the Headman's sought for scenario.

I ask a lot of questions, in prior posts, but the people who claim to know what happened that night can't or won't answer. Here's a repeat Q: is there any CCTV showing NS arriving at the lobby on Monday morning, Sept. 15? Is there any CCTV of him coming or going in that lobby (or anywhere in Bkk) on Sunday the 14th?

for those of you who think seeing is believing and that video is solid evidence.....try this famous piece of footage.......

So you are comparing real life CCTV footage with an ad deliberately shot and framed to be deceiving. Brilliant.

Well, who knows maybe it is like that and if the CCTV camera had been pointing just a little bit differently we would be seeing Nomsod walking into the beach at Koh Tao...

Yes - I would have thought you understood the principle..... Sadly it is an example of how people are incapable of distinguishing between faith and sceptically. people are useless at interpreting what they see......however the image is made...

You do a little research or even Google and you'll find plenty of examples of how the eyes deceive...especially when connected to a uncritical brain.

Edited by cumgranosalum

From one of the many comments on youtube regards this vid

"People need to take this into consideration. Not judge people or assume things. Just wait untill you know excatly whats going on"

This is an educational piece of footage that has helped to make one aware that things are not always as they seem. Not sure why your bringing up Nomsod on this??

From one of the many comments on youtube regards this vid

"People need to take this into consideration. Not judge people or assume things. Just wait untill you know excatly whats going on"

This is an educational piece of footage that has helped to make one aware that things are not always as they seem. Not sure why your bringing up Nomsod on this??

""People need to take this into consideration. Not judge people or assume things. Just wait until you know exactly whats going on" -

.........of course, this actually applies to matters much more than just videos - I first saw this vid in the late 80s as part of a critical thinking course.

It coveys very well how we should adopt a critical and analytical approach to all things....

sadly there isn't a lot of that on this thread

... and my post above, with the reflecting Virgin Mary, conveys that, for some people, if their belief is strong enough, they can see whatever it is they want to see.

Sadly, there may be some of that going on on this thread.

Edited by JLCrab

... and my post above, with the reflecting Virgin Mary, conveys that, for some people, if their belief is strong enough, they can see whatever it is they want to see.

But you do seem to have an unhealthy interest in it eh........whistling.gif

... and yours is healthy?

Edited by JLCrab

Is there any reason you keep on mentioning this person you don't know ?

Any how didn't we see your non mate run past a shop on CCTV and also shake David's hand wearing a football shirt ?

But you do seem to have an unhealthy interest in it eh........whistling.gif

... and yours is healthy?

Yes, well think so as I have backed from it. The whole police thing is/was absolute crap from the beginning, l just hope stuff will be sorted honestly by those concerned..

UK Persons murderd

My interest in this whole affair is in procedure starting last SEP 2014 with the UK Coroners/Police Chiefs/F&CO Memorandum for UK persons murdered overseas. I recently have tried to understand and document Thai criminal procedure. I have very little interest, at this point, in 'what they are doing is unfair' or and 'why don't they do things this way or that way'.

Happy to oblige.

Are you trying to be witty or funny? To some of us, trying to ascertain who the real culprits are is serious biz. If some posters want to joke and post nonsense pics/videos - how about doing it in the 'Jokes' category of T.Visa. My posts refer to things which RTP investigators either:

>>> looked for, but gave up for some such reasons: "it's private property, you can't see it" or

>>> looked for and found, but decided it wasn't worthwhile because; "it might implicate the protected people" or

>>> looked for and found, but chose to trash it because "it might implicate the wrong people" or because it didn't fit with what superior officers and/or the Headman's sought for scenario.

I ask a lot of questions, in prior posts, but the people who claim to know what happened that night can't or won't answer. Here's a repeat Q: is there any CCTV showing NS arriving at the lobby on Monday morning, Sept. 15? Is there any CCTV of him coming or going in that lobby (or anywhere in Bkk) on Sunday the 14th?

Not surprisingly you don't mention.

>>>>- looked for and found absolutely no evidence to support any conspiracy theories - and thusly cleared previous suspects due to one being in BKK and the other one not having a tattoo

Yes - I would have thought you understood the principle..... Sadly it is an example of how people are incapable of distinguishing between faith and sceptically. people are useless at interpreting what they see......however the image is made...

You do a little research or even Google and you'll find plenty of examples of how the eyes deceive...especially when connected to a uncritical brain.

Can you use your critical brain to articulate what is the problem with the CCTV footage of Nomsod in Bangkok on the 15th?

>>>>- looked for and found absolutely no evidence to support any conspiracy theories - and thusly cleared previous suspects due to one being in BKK and the other one not having a tattoo

Ok, let's look at your statement, above, seriously. First off, do you know what the RTP have been looking for? You probably have no better idea than anyone outside the inner circle - of what they've been looking for, or what they've disregarded, or what clues they've missed, or what they've trashed, etc. So all we (concerned observers) have to go on is what's announced by the RTP, the reenactment, and other info we hear/see which may/or may not be valid. We also have our own individual minds - which can deduce things. For example, I can look at the video of 'running man' and, though it's a grainy video, can deduce it's a skinny young man who resembles Nomsod. Someone else can look at that video and, if they're hell-bent on keeping Nomsod in the clear, will claim they don't see a likeness. Mon can tell everyone it's himself in the video, but no-one except those trying to shield NS will agree that an elder man can magically have a skinny kid's body.

It's not a conspiracy theory to have an opinion on something and/or put forth a viable scenario about what happened at a crime. It is, however, a conspiracy for some top brass to intentionally feed false info to lower-ranking troops while intentionally skewing data to nail two scapegoats. When social media showed that it could not have been Hannah's phone found alongside the B2's dwelling, it was not a conspiracy theory for that photo to be taken and posted on social media. JD will have you believe it was. However, RTP officially announced they had found that phone - as proof of evidence. Unfortunately for the RTP, they were unaware of that photo on social media, so were therefore caught in a lie and what appeared to be 'planting evidence.' Seeing they had no viable way to squirm out of their ruse, they quickly switched tracks and claimed it was instead David's phone found. Claiming, as they did initially that it was Hannah's phone, fits more with the definition of 'conspiracy' than opinions and speculation of posters on T.Visa and other social media blogs.

It's interesting to note that RTP investigators, though making daily announcements during the first 10 days of the investigation, have not made any announcements in the 8 months since Nomsod's DNA test. The dearth of announcements coincides roughly with Panya being put aside, and his superior officer placing himself as head of the investigation. JD can call this a conspiracy theory if he wants, but I think a big reason the RTP haven't announced anything in 8 months is that they're spooked by social media. Whereas in the old days, they could simply announce something ('so 'n so is guilty') and all Thais would go along with it, whether they believed it or not. Things are different now, and RTP found out the hard way, that there are a lot of people on social media - a lot of them are intellligent, and some are specialists in fields pertaining to crime investigation. Just the sort of people which the RTP doesn't want scrutinizing their methods and deductions.

Edited by boomerangutang

The fellas that are "in the know" with the RTP and the other fella who is a staunch defender of Nomsod, can you tell us inquiring minds if the DNA that was seized from the two Burmese was obtained with a warrant?

Or will it become the "fruit of the poisoned tree" at trial.

Happy to oblige.

You are not trying to find the "real culprits", you are trying to frame up a person because it validates your own prejudices.

Ok, let's look at your statement, above, seriously. First off, do you know what the RTP have been looking for? You probably have no better idea than anyone outside the inner circle - of what they've been looking for, or what they've disregarded, or what clues they've missed, or what they've trashed, etc. So all we (concerned observers) have to go on is what's announced by the RTP, the reenactment, and other info we hear/see which may/or may not be valid. We also have our own individual minds - which can deduce things. For example, I can look at the video of 'running man' and, though it's a grainy video, can deduce it's a skinny young man who resembles Nomsod. Someone else can look at that video and, if they're hell-bent on keeping Nomsod in the clear, will claim they don't see a likeness. Mon can tell everyone it's him in the video, but no-one except those trying to shield NS will agree.

It's not a conspiracy theory to have an opinion on something and/or put forth a viable scenario about what happened at a crime. It is, however, a conspiracy for some top brass to intentionally feed false info to lower-ranking troops while intentionally skewing data to nail two scapegoats. When social media showed that it could not have been Hannah's phone found alongside the B2's dwelling, it was not a conspiracy theory for that photo to be taken and posted on social media. JD will have you believe it was. However, RTP officially announced they had found that phone - as proof of evidence. Unfortunately for the RTP, they were unaware of that photo on social media, so were therefore caught in a lie and what appeared to be 'planting evidence.' Seeing they had no viable way to squirm out of their ruse, they quickly switched tracks and claimed it was instead David's phone found. Claiming, as they did initially that it was Hannah's phone, fits more with the definition of 'conspiracy' than opinions and speculation of posters on T.Visa and other social media blogs.

You listed several theories based solely on your bias based on a belief that there's a conspiracy of powerful people in the background pulling strings

You avoided mentioning the more plausible and published results of the investigation.

You resort to sticking with early statements made without

1) looking at the fact that before the people who you so desperately want to be suspects, there were other suspect.

2) published material which proves that you are wrong. PBS spent an hour reviewing the CCTV footage using experts.

You just accused Thai law enforcement of "planting evidence"

You totally ignore that no one (Thai, Burmese, British or other foreigners) has publicly stated that they saw the person who you desperately want to be guilty, on the island. Not one single photo.....

Can you use your critical brain to articulate what is the problem with the CCTV footage of Nomsod in Bangkok on the 15th?

As mentioned earlier, whether or not the Monday morning CCTV of Nomsod is valid, is becoming a moot point beatdeadhorse.gif

It's been shown that it's viably possible for him to have travelled from KT to Bkk in well under the nearly 5 hours between the crime and the CCTV. More interesting is what the CCTV may show in the hours and days prior to 9:30 Monday morning - as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect.

Ok, let's look at your statement, above, seriously. First off, do you know what the RTP have been looking for? You probably have no better idea than anyone outside the inner circle - of what they've been looking for, or what they've disregarded, or what clues they've missed, or what they've trashed, etc. So all we (concerned observers) have to go on is what's announced by the RTP, the reenactment, and other info we hear/see which may/or may not be valid. We also have our own individual minds - which can deduce things. For example, I can look at the video of 'running man' and, though it's a grainy video, can deduce it's a skinny young man who resembles Nomsod. Someone else can look at that video and, if they're hell-bent on keeping Nomsod in the clear, will claim they don't see a likeness. Mon can tell everyone it's himself in the video, but no-one except those trying to shield NS will agree that an elder man can magically have a skinny kid's body.

It's interesting to note that RTP investigators, though making daily announcements during the first 10 days of the investigation, have not made any announcements in the 8 months since Nomsod's DNA test. The dearth of announcements coincides roughly with Panya being put aside, and his superior officer placing himself as head of the investigation. JD can call this a conspiracy theory if he wants, but I think a big reason the RTP haven't announced anything in 8 months is that they're spooked by social media. Whereas in the old days, they could simply announce something ('so 'n so is guilty') and all Thais would go along with it, whether they believed it or not. Things are different now, and RTP found out the hard way, that there are a lot of people on social media - a lot of them are intellligent, and some are specialists in fields pertaining to crime investigation. Just the sort of people which the RTP doesn't want scrutinizing their methods and deductions.

The paragraph about the phone is a crystal clear example of how very much not interested in the truth you are.

The men on trial have already admitted, in court, that they had that phone since the day of the murders they just happened to find it somewhere; something you adamantly refuse to accept because you like the idea of the police planting that phone too much to let the facts get on the way of a good story.

As mentioned earlier, whether or not the Monday morning CCTV of Nomsod is valid, is becoming a moot point beatdeadhorse.gif

It's been shown that it's viably possible for him to have travelled from KT to Bkk in well under the nearly 5 hours between the crime and the CCTV. More interesting is what the CCTV may show in the hours and days prior to 9:30 Monday morning - as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect.

You say it's a moot point because it completely invalidates your "theories", that you then go on to say "as regards the comings and goings of the (can never again be-) non-suspect. " that's your whole schtick laid bare, to you he can't never be cleared of involvement, no matter what.

Mind Case closed.