The quietest fan: need recommendos.

chingmai331

Usually i avoid the nighttime A/C and use the large stationary, swinging wall fan. But it's too loud and i can't sleep well. Want to buy my own fan, but want the one that makes the least noise. Very hard to judge the noise when in the shop so come to you, the humble community, to advise me. Probably will be shopping at Central, KSK and could spend 1000 bt, max.

Would appreciate personal, first hand, experiences. Bless you all.

You have A/C but do not use or you do not have? If you have you could use the fan mode and would not be very loud. It might also be possible to stop the swing of the wall fan and perhaps that would make it less loud. Or lower the speed. Can not really understand how a fan can be too loud unless defective - normally it is good to have some noise so bumps in the night do not wake you.

Choose a fan with big blades and run it on low speed... You might look into a ceiling fan too... ;-)

Agreed, quite a bit less noise than the oscillating Hatari, which does work well. USB fans are about the only thing quieter, but you don't get a large volume of flow.

Complete silence only means you will hear dog/soi dogs, rooster, and motorbikes.......it's not a quiet country.

I bought a Hatari (Thai) floor fan. It broke after a week. I replaced it with an absolutely silent Mitsubishi model. Mind you, it's not wall-mounted.

Hatari s are crap, bought a 18 inch floor fan,had a couple of months,

went away for a couple of days and when I returned,the fan had just

snapped off,the plastic is very poor quality, have several National/Panasonic

wall fans,with a little maintenance are still as good as new,they must be 20

years old now.

regards Worgeordie

I bought a Hatari (Thai) floor fan. It broke after a week. I replaced it with an absolutely silent Mitsubishi model. Mind you, it's not wall-mounted.

Hatari s are crap,

We have 4 Hatari free standing units and have been operating from 5-10+ years and not had these problems. They are running daily also for at least 12 hours/day.

the tower fans are excellent, but they are too pricey here. http://www.kaz.com/kaz/fans/products/honeywell-comfort-control-tower-fan-hy-025/ for moving a lot of air throughout a large room, these may be best, but you don't get the benefit of creating the layer of hot air and cool air, like you do with a ceiling fan. Hatari is pretty decent Thai quality....and much better than the Tefal and some others. They use ball-bearings in the switches. Very repairable, too. New blades are about 100 thb.

Hatari s are crap,

We have 4 Hatari free standing units and have been operating from 5-10+ years and not had these problems. They are running daily also for at least 12 hours/day.

Got 2 Hatari fans, fine after almost 10 years. Sometimes the old stuff was built better.

Actually Hatari is new stuff in my mind - and also have several that work well. Tory was a brand I have not seen for decades (just had one fail and shop had never even heard of it). Is it actually still sold here?

I am sensitive to noise when I sleep. I even put my battery-operated wall clock in the cupboard before going to sleep because I can't stand the tic-toc-tic-toc all night.

I've had a Hatari free-standing fan for 5 years now and it still runs very smoothly and is quiet...as long as I don't put it on the left-to-right sweep setting because that generates an irritating noise if I'm trying to sleep). I aim the fan slightly away from me and it does a great job. That's in addition to the air-conditioning which I set at 26C for the night.

Tefal brand, Baan and Beyond in airport plaza car park.

Looks smarter than usual brands, 800 baht has a near silent quiet mode. I still need the normal number 1 to keep mosquitos away, which is still quiet enough to get used to. I hope this brand succeeds because I think the product is way better than the others.

Hatari s are crap,

The ones I had problems with, must have been made on a Friday biggrin.png

regards Worgeordie

I put a capacitor with a switch over it , in series with the ac power , so I have 6 speeds . The first two are really quiet and give a light breeze. Speed 4 is the normal standard first speed.

I put a capacitor with a switch over it , in series with the ac power , so I have 6 speeds . The first two are really quiet and give a light breeze. Speed 4 is the normal standard first speed.

Go in to business and I'll be your first customer. Must be slot-in Hatari replacement part though.

Go in to business and I'll be your first customer. Must be slot-in Hatari replacement part though.

I drilled a hole in the plastic for the switch , the capacitor is in the foot of the fan working as a resistor for the AC current ( nearly loss free so no heating up ).

I just bought a Hatari with a remote control. Only way to go, when it cools down during the night I just press the button without getting up and slow the fan. I love it and I'm hardly aware of the noise.