Thailand Hitler thing - Must watch hilarious t.v. -- the "final" word

This pretty much says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWNbekZVyKk

I knew about almost all of them but did NOT know about the "Release the Demon" Thailand Hitler avert for a laxative!

In the video, John Oliver pretty much lectures Thailand to just stop it.

But he's got a solution for Thailand, a replacement for Hitler ... Rip Taylor.

post-37101-0-99947500-1433183868_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

At a funeral on saturday i noticed a little girl with a red scarf,using it to sort of dab her head,due to the heat,she was with her parents and brother and sister,imagine my surprise when the mother unrolled it,to reveal a nazi flag!

As the vid clip pointed out there is little if any teaching of anything about the outside world in Thai schools,i think mostly they are taught how Thailand is the greatest country the world has ever seen,i was speaking to my friends wife a while back,she spent quite a few years in Australia,she told me she was stunned when she first got there,how clean it was,how everything mostly worked,how sedate the driving was,ect,reminds me of the story about the Thai world map,which had Thailand in bold letters and great detail,but the rest of the world was blank and white, Not Thailand it stated for the rest of the world!

At a funeral on saturday i noticed a little girl with a red scarf,using it to sort of dab her head,due to the heat,she was with her parents and brother and sister,imagine my surprise when the mother unrolled it,to reveal a nazi flag!

As the vid clip pointed out there is little if any teaching of anything about the outside world in Thai schools,i think mostly they are taught how Thailand is the greatest country the world has ever seen,i was speaking to my friends wife a while back,she spent quite a few years in Australia,she told me she was stunned when she first got there,how clean it was,how everything mostly worked,how sedate the driving was,ect,reminds me of the story about the Thai world map,which had Thailand in bold letters and great detail,but the rest of the world was blank and white, Not Thailand it stated for the rest of the world!

Here's a map that I came across some time ago. Awful quality image but it makes the point, I think.

post-12040-0-86288300-1433215496_thumb.j

DM

A country in which the citizens know little or none of their own history, either ancient of recent, can be forgiven (somewhat!) for adopting Hitler/Nazi imagery just for the style elements. How many Thais know that Thailand sided with the Axis powers in WW2? The wartime prime minister, Phibun, was a big fan of Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini, and was jailed as a war criminal, briefly, after the war. He was later returned to power, and served for years.

There has been an on and off flirtation with fascism in this country for many years.

Yes Oliver mentions the problem of lack of education about Hitler in Thailand, but has a simple fix.

Google: Hitler

I think not very many people are viewing this video because of the way I wrote the thread heading.

The Thailand Hitler part is at end so chopped off from post lists. More people would be looking if it was at beginning.

A lesson to be learned by all when writing thread heads.

Oh well, next time ...

Edited by Jingthing

Yes Oliver mentions the problem of lack of education about Hitler in Thailand, but has a simple fix.

I think not very many people are viewing this video because of the way I wrote the thread heading.

The Thailand Hitler part is at end so chopped off from post lists. More people would be looking if it was at beginning.

Oh well, next time ...

I watched it. The best dig I have ever seen.

Oh well, next time ...

I watched it. The best dig I have ever seen.

Yes, it's great.

But "normally" a topic about the Thailand Hitler thing would be a lot hotter.

Because of the headline chop off (my error), it's clear many people don't know what the topic is about and thus not even clicking it to see.

Edited by Jingthing

Oh well, next time ...

Won't be long...

For what? The next internationally embarrassing Thailand Hitler thing? That's a good bet.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I mean the next threat from you...but in the other context ...you're right.... Edited by Crazy chef 1

My first reaction was: Holy shit!

My second reaction was: Where can I find Hitler fried chicken?

There isn't a Hitler chicken store anymore.

I suppose you could fry up some Aryan tofu though and put a swastika pattern on it (as he was a vegetarian for at least part of his life).

My first reaction was: Holy shit!

My second reaction was: Where can I find Hitler fried chicken?

There isn't a Hitler chicken store anymore.

I suppose you could fry up some Aryan tofu though and put a swastika pattern on it (as he was a vegetarian for at least part of his life).

sad.png

I asked my 15 year old step son a while back if he had heard of Hitler. I told him his internet privileges depend on his answer on whether Hitler was a good guy or a bad guy. He did the research and he knows. Thailand needs to stop working with North Korea in regard to the educational system here, but I doubt there will ever be any improvement.

I asked my 15 year old step son a while back if he had heard of Hitler. I told him his internet privileges depend on his answer on whether Hitler was a good guy or a bad guy. He did the research and he knows. Thailand needs to stop working with North Korea in regard to the educational system here, but I doubt there will ever be any improvement.

Just show him this,MyThai family are well informed on this matter,that you can be sure of

.https://www.google.co.th/search?q=bergen+belsen&biw=1366&bih=657&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=I5duVYqaNcOuuQTOzIGYCA&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQsAQ&dpr=1

On TrueMovies tonight Thur the 4th June. They are showing Shindlers List. I aaked my Gf about it and she has never seen it. So we will watch it. Its a start.

On TrueMovies tonight Thur the 4th June. They are showing Shindlers List. I aaked my Gf about it and she has never seen it. So we will watch it. Its a start.

A very moving film. You must stress to her in is a true story. ( not a Thai bang bang bang your dead film BUT TRUE )

Bergen-Belsen is one of the first places i took my Thai wife,she lasted 10 mins

How people can do such things is beyond me.... Bastards

When I was a teenager I worked in a high end traditional men's clothing store. The owner had gone to Europe during the war and was one of the first of the allies to reach Dachau. He was in charge of creating the report and it was pretty much a small book. He had a copy that he had saved along with a great deal of photos that were not used in the report. He let me borrow it.

When he spoke about it he changed. ...

Christ that vid is hard work to watch. Avoid it if you suffer from blood pressure or stress issues. It's taking me quite a while to relax again. Why does he have to scream and shout so much? I know it's his style, but I won't be watching any more of this stuff. Which is a shame, because it is BLOODY GOOD. Like you, JT, I also did not know about the "Release the demon" advert. Brilliant slogan: All knotted up? Feel like an overstuffed pig? Gritting your teeth and screaming GNNNNNNGGGG??? You need to RELEASE THE DEMON.

Nice find, JT, all the same. Scuse rant.

I've seen many Western people wearing t-shirts with Mao Zedong on them.He killed many more people than Hitler. Did we learn much about Chinese history in school?????? Our maps have Europe in the centre. Why?? Because we want to promote Europe as being the centre of the world... Your attitude reeks of Western imperialism.How dare someone from the other side of the world only know their own countries history and not yours!!

Apparently not the "final" word as we get the same silly BS yet again that there is any kind of "excuse" for the bizarre and distasteful Thai fixation on Hitler.

The Mao excuse is totally irrelevant crap. Yes, he was a horror show and that is taught in the west, but you know, Mao is still revered IN China!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/asia/06iht-letter06.html?_r=0

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...