On-arrival Visas: 90 Days And You’re Out!

Now we are getting confused even more..will someone please get the real story. According to the Ministry of Foreign affairs web site pointed about to me by another member, Visa on Arrival V.O.A does not apply to 41 countries including U.K. Passport holders. We are "Visa Exempt", all we get is a 30 day entry stamp so there should be no problem at all for us.

However, there are 20 Countries that require Visa on Arrival and that includes Russia, Ukraine, Slovakia etc, and quite a number of its citizens have been involved in Prostitution and Mafia activities. I believe this proposal of throwing them out for 90 days, is designed to get rid of the Russian and Eastern Block prostitutes and Mafia. Since this also includes Saudi Arabia, I presume they also want to make sure the Al-Queda types do not overstay their welcome.

Since all the stories refer to "Visa on Arrival", it surely does not affect the majority of us, here is a quote from the Official Web site:

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 1 October B.E. 2545 (2002), 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002) ,18 October B.E. 2547 (2004) and 6 May B.E. 2548 (2005) , passport holders from 40 countries and Hong Kong SAR do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for 30 days.

Hi!

I am person with Ukrainian citizenship who at previous 3 years stay at Thailand for half year/year on tourist visas.

The first one thing I want to tell you, what you looks like very xenofobic about peoples from Russia/Ukraine and you need to less read press (and stop thinking what everybody work for mafia/prostitution). Just every big country have own troubles which become much more big when press start give out his ideas about it.

Also (for fun) if you will read local Thai press about incindents with farangs involved - you can start think what uk peoples is very problematic in Thailand. It same situation with news like about Russians/Ukrainian in UK.

Second - answering your question - "stamp it not VOA visa".

Very long time european countries have next rule - if you have non-immigration visa (not long term residence at EU) - you can stay max 90 days per 180 days only. It because if you stay more than 180 days per year in any country (like tourist or on another visa) - you automatically become taxpayer at this country.

But really eu tourist visa situation is more bad for us and for Thai peoples - with lot of papers for visa you get only requested days of stay (without any 90 days as by laws of your countries).

If related UK tourist visas - yes, it valid for 180 days. But if you will stay more days (than was in your visa application) - you not get visa if will want to visit UK for next time.

Morethan - many times you cannot get tourist visa and lost money (on tickets and/or hotel reservation) only because embassy work very slow and cannot review your visa application to proper time (like in documents).

About UK to Thailand no visa.

Really it only mean what you not need visa for 1 month entry to Thailand for touristic purposes. You cannot enter Thailand for 1 month novisa for ANY OTHER purpose. So it mean what it just kind of special permission for tourists only. Same about VOA visa.

Related VOA visas - I myself stay at Thailand using touristic visas (usually 2 entry) and have some russian friends at Thailand who have own bars/restaraunts. They stay at business visas.

VOA visas used at most only for short stay tourists (who go for short visit of Thailand and not have gf/bf at Thailand). Just because more easy to get tourist visa than have trips every month and every half month to extend it (1900 bahts). Also from next month Russia will move to novisa for 1 month list, like I read in the press - agreement is already exists.

At current time - if I will need to stay at Thailand more time (because darling) - I thinking about Thai Elite card.

So, making ability to stay for 90 days per 180 days as tourist at Thailand - it correct, it simular analogic eu tourist visa things and you now get same what your countries doing for Thai and another peoples.

If you claims to be rich farang from rich country - Thailand made everything for you - you can get investment visa or Thai elite card, business visa or retirement. But if you low income farang from rich country - Thailand not need you to stay as long term tourist (because don't know your funds source, no taxes). Long stay low-income tourists from Uk treated same as Cambodian/Laos/etc citizens in this case (same - novisa for 1 month!).

At end of my this post I want to say - welcome to real world where most of peoples have visa troubles related his nationality. As Uk/EU person (born in correct time at proper place) you not have 99% of that troubles, but when start see what old visa cheats by UK/EU "tourists" (staying by tourist entry stamps by years) become visible and Thais make simular (like your goverment) steps to prevent it - start to complain to it (like Thais not need my money).

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up......

Some countries - Nepal - for instance, only allow five months stay in a year.

Enjoyed the speculation on money trails and the economy.

Also as the "old and in the way" poster stated whatever visa you have going in and out through immigration is never anything but a headache, it always makes me nervous.

:o

OK I am still confused.

I went on the Thai Consulate website (Los Angeles, CA) and next to tourist visa it said "no multiple entry."

I went on the DC Consulate website and it said no such thing. no mention of multiple entries.

I get that with the 30 day visa there's a limit of 3. But is this true for tourist visa (bought in the USA)???

Can I still apply for multiple tourist visas?? (I want 3)

Are multiple entry Tourist Visas Viable as a way to stay in the kingdom?

(Yes I think, this is what I have gathered to be correct from this website..?)

My goal is to travel for an extended period of time (6-9 months) in thailand and SEA

Basically this is what I think I should be doing to facilitate this:

1. go to the consulate.

2. apply for a tourist visa with multiple entries

3. leave thailand every 60 days

4. reenter and use all entries before the original visa expires

Am I on the right track??

any help appreciated....

much thanks.

Every Consulate is different. All the people working at each Consulate are different. E.g .. Penang is a much easier place to get multiple entry visas than Phnom Penh. Brisbane Cosulate in Oz is more easier going than the Sydney one.

It depends on who you see .. what YOU look like .. and what they think of you. .... Just shop around.

What does this mean for those of us who go to Penang for a triple entry tourist visa twice a year?
The tourist visa is not mentioned in this announcement. Therefore, this announcement means nothing for you.

However, if you are working illegally in Thailand you should nevertheless do whatever is necessary to get legal. The basic policy seems to be the removal of foreigners working illegally in Thailand and if this new rule does not stop them the government may have other ways to do so.

---------------

Maestro

Personally I do not understand the excitement of several members this forum caused by the new tourist visa on arrival regulations.

The typical tourist will come to Thailand most probably twice a year in maximum.

“Tourists” who are seeking other activities than normal tourists normally are looking for, should apply that visa type suiting their activities.

In Europe you have to play by the law, why not here in Thailand?

You are guest of this country - behave accordingly and you will have no problems at all.

By the way, the “new“ rules are just a consequent follow up of the spirit of old rules and visa regulation. Unfortunately the applicants over stretched old conditions too much.

Bush

I agree of some things you say,but I tell you my story.Iam married with thai,dont have money to get marriagevisa(400.000)at the moment.I get income from familycompany in Europe so i have good salery so i dont need to work but Iam only44 years old so no retairement.We also having a

baby soon so what I <removed> should I do??

I agree of some things you say,but I tell you my story.Iam married with thai,dont have money to get marriagevisa(400.000)at the moment.I get income from familycompany in Europe so i have good salery so i dont need to work but Iam only44 years old so no retairement.We also having a

I would have thought in this case that the best alternative would be the marriage visa. One year visa and no hassle. For someone on a "good salary" from Europe, the 400,000 Bhat depositied in a Thai account could be borrowed, and then returned. You only need to have the money actually in the bank when you apply for the visa or renewal as far as I understand.

To make bad things worst; i just hung up the phone with Mr. Haji Tajudeen from N&K Enterprises in Penang. (He runs one of the book stores in Chulia Street from where we usualy get our visas done)

Mr. Tajudeen informed me that only ONE ENTRY 2 Month Tourist visas with an option on 30 days extention are issued from the Thai embassy in Penang from now on!

He couldn't tell me though if the there will be a second visa issued after the first one has run out. Considering that we are still tourists and have been in the country for 90 days already, there is a good chance that this question will be answered with a strikt NO in the near future.

That would mean that by January first, a lot of people will have to leave Thailand. That also means that all relatives and friends of those who will not be here over the next high season, will most likely also not come to Thailand. If one has not juast studied the birds outside the window while having a math-class; how could he/she say that this would have no impact on the revenue off the tourist industry? Does a million visitors up or down does have so little impact?

Sure it want have much impact to the people who are making those laws and rules. But what about smaller and medium buisnesses who depend very much and especially in low-season on the long stayers in this beautiful country?

Staying in Koh Tao, one of the top spots, worldwide, for scuba diving lessons, i have to ask myself, if the quality of PADI diving courses can be kept up by ever changing freelance diving instructors. It want make a difference at all on how many farang stay in Thailand and work in the dive industry and help building it up. The needs have to be and will be covered one way or the other. Just the faces will change every three month. Or is there anybody out there who thinks that all 48 dive centers in Koh Tao are going to close every 3 month for three month?

It is a simple fact that there is no way for dive centers to get more than 2 working visas for farang instructors or dive masters. Anything more than that and the taxes would start to chew them up. It's another fact that one instructor and one divemaster want cover the needs of a dive resort and there is by far not enough thai instructors and divemasters to fill the gap what is opening here.

I'm not saying it should be allowed to stay and work illigaly here in Thailand, no way, but i think it would be a great idea to not only make new rules but also rules they work for the majority of the people and have something to do with real life.

So far most of the people on the island are very confused. Thai and Farang! It's a 'no future' situation and thousends of long year friendships will break up. I wonder who thinks that who can benefit from this situation?

Total b#llshit, there is no problem at all for your boss or anyone else on koh-tao to get more work permits when needed, or do you say that dive centers on koh tao don't make enough money to pay like 1500THB/instructor in income tax? Yes, it will also increase other taxes a little, but nothing to cry about, If your company can't afford more workpermits, maybe you don't need more staff eather? Or maybe you need to raise all your prices out there to a normal level. "Can not afford", with all that money coming in.. :o

To make bad things worst; i just hung up the phone with Mr. Haji Tajudeen from N&K Enterprises in Penang. (He runs one of the book stores in Chulia Street from where we usualy get our visas done)

Mr. Tajudeen informed me that only ONE ENTRY 2 Month Tourist visas with an option on 30 days extention are issued from the Thai embassy in Penang from now on!

He couldn't tell me though if the there will be a second visa issued after the first one has run out. Considering that we are still tourists and have been in the country for 90 days already, there is a good chance that this question will be answered with a strikt NO in the near future.

.. ..

So far most of the people on the island are very confused. Thai and Farang! It's a 'no future' situation and thousends of long year friendships will break up. I wonder who thinks that who can benefit from this situation?

Total b#llshit, there is no problem at all for your boss or anyone else on koh-tao to get more work permits when needed, or do you say that dive centers on koh tao don't make enough money to pay like 1500THB/instructor in income tax? Yes, it will also increase other taxes a little, but nothing to cry about, If your company can't afford more workpermits, maybe you don't need more staff eather? Or maybe you need to raise all your prices out there to a normal level. "Can not afford", with all that money coming in.. :o

Hm... I've spend some time today talking with someone who has a business which will now, he calculates, need to raise some 400,000 THB in turnover to cover the additional infrastructure costs caused by this.

In many cases it's not just the simple 'tax' element but everything around it. This also underscores the issue where businesses have historically paid poorly since the 'legistaive costs' were low. Question now is can those business can support the hit or not.

By the by the business is not falang owned and is not in a tourist 'sector'.

Regards

'stacker10' date='2006-09-13 16:14:55' post='892571'

For your information, 400,000 THB is 8,411 EUR, 10,685 USD, and 5,713 GBP

Does it have to be cash only, or could it be a property bond? Who else has this sort of money swilling about as cash? It should be safely locked up in stock, property or some other investment 'vehicle'!

Laulen

Edited by Laulen

.. ..

Hm... I've spend some time today talking with someone who has a business which will now, he calculates, need to raise some 400,000 THB in turnover to cover the additional infrastructure costs caused by this.

In many cases it's not just the simple 'tax' element but everything around it. This also underscores the issue where businesses have historically paid poorly since the 'legistaive costs' were low. Question now is can those business can support the hit or not.

By the by the business is not falang owned and is not in a tourist 'sector'.

Regards

I wouldn't say what I said above if i didn't know anything about it. I've had a dive business (legal the whole time) for about 15 years here, so I think I have the knowledge to know what I speak about. Personally I hope that the once that didn't play clean until now, will dropp. The high costs most people have in business here regarding work permits etc. is mainly because of loss of local knowledge. :D

I've done some calculations and I estimate the damage to be about 8 Billion baht yearly to the Thai economy. I feel for you gloaters who think all this stuff is so great. If you have your cash in Thai baht and other Thai investments, I would not want to be you. It won't be long before George Soros is back shorting the shit out of the Thai baht once again. Looks like it'll be a 10th anniversary thing. I can assure that I have no investments here and will just pack up and leave. I'll be back when the dust clears and clean up with an 80 baht to the dollar exchange rate and a crashed housing market. All the gloaters will be living in abject poverty. Sorry to see it come to this but you heard it here 1st. I recommend anyone with cash in thai baht to convert to a western currency asap

bigsdogster: i think that we can monitor this daily on bloomberg, i will be VERY keen on seeing this fool economy with HUGE debt into the dumpster.

i contribute more to this economy than even a high spending two week tourist for the 8-10 mos i am here a year. ive lived all over asia...cambodia (93-4), indonesia, india, korea....

know what else.... my friend working in dubai, he wont be coming to see me in oct. know what else...my parents FINALLY decided not to go to europe and come here to see asia. i was going to fly them out on THAI AIR as they have non-stop from nyc. noe of that will happen.

LET US ALL TAKE THE PLEDGE:

to boycott thai/nok airlines

to use thai airport as little as possible

to use thai visa (proper) never - use your 3x and blow on outta here

to give thai govt as little money as possible, boycott all govt services

to not do business with companies that you beleive even may be tied to govt, govt mafia...

to use other country for medical/financial services

to sell all investments in thailand

TO give all your money as best you can to the poor thais

TO do whatever is possible to not support taksin

its jsut a ###### shame that thailand is connected a true hub for neighboring countries.

IF THEY WANT TO GET RID OF FARANGS TOMORROW ...EASY ...MASSIVE PROSTITUTION CRACKDOWN. but they wont becasue that WILL kill ALL tourism....

ILLEGAL BUSINESS??? why dont they get off their asses and inforce the laws.

and as for all the 'holier than thou' retirement/non-imm holders so smug.... just wait, they are coming for you as well.

something else no one has mentioned: will the ticket out provision now be inforced?? what if i fly into bkk bcause its cheap and want to go on to wherever???

finally... this caught me short sure, but i no longer have much love for thailand. despite loving the food, learning the culture, having thai friends, speaking enuff of teh language ....the beaches are polluted, traffic, air pollution, visa hassles, sour thai faces, backed up sewers, corruption, unstabel govt, inflation and rising baht. BAHAHAHA - i have so leave so what.... boo-hoo

as for you monkeys comapring this joint to the third world.... the diff is this place needs the money. first world does not need an anopther undereducated social case. thailand LONG AGO took a very BAD path and decided to create an underclass. now, they have a low educated people, no mgt skills and high wages so can never compete with china for cheap skills or malaysia/sing for higher. further...no one can yet speak english so no outsourcing jobs for you thailand - HAH HAH

as for anyone that does not think this will have impact you will be shocked how much of the money trickles upcountry to the poor and it is thems that will suffer ...bu tthen again....the top 20% never cared a wit about them anyway.

start a site now for boycott

Edited by h5n1

ps: anyone that is (starting) now to plan to live here on anything but a full on retirement visa - well you desreve to lose all the money and have all the heartache becasue you have been duly warned....!

you can read all the guys here that have been here for years and know ALL the ins/outs and we say we are screwed, so if you want a piece of that, come and taste the cow manure.

i have never bought a ###### thing or married someone elses crappy divorcee in this country and im so smiley now....

Here's some "lateral-Thinking" to stick into your "Vortex" and smoke it . . . . . .

How about you "lose" your passport; then obtain a new one and between these two (2) passports you now have, you can 'flip-flop' the 90 day cycles ? ?

Just kidding, but it should work a charm, huh ?!?

AFAIK most European Countries, including UK, are quite prepared, under certain circumstances, to issue someone with two (maybe three) legit passports.

if you 'lose' one a.) the old one is voided, and b.) if you 'lose' too many you may be investigated in your own country. the number may also be trackable by computer, thailand are going (more) digital.

the two passports may be an option however, unless the database cross-references you. all you need to do to justify it is insist you gotta travel to both israel and, say, syria, or just about any muslim country. indonesia and / or malaysia may be on the 'no israel' list, i can't remember.

h5n1: You love Thailand only due for easy visa entry for long-stay tourist?

Just real tourists is not affected in any way with this new regulation.

Just imagine what can happen with rich but honest Thai who will want stay in usa/uk/eu like you stay at Thailand. With all money spending, etc/etc/etc.

Prostitution is thing which become very popular from farangs, so it easy to understand why Thai govs not want long-term sex tourists. Just if not - marry and get visa.

What about your money talking. Money spending is only little-bit related to any immigration status, it help you - but show only your business/spending possibilites. World is not free and you need permissions to live/enter any country which is not your own.

PS : Angry can kill people from inside.

Edited by alexalex

There are a significant number of people living in Thailand who do not seem to qualify for any of the visa options UNLESS they are going to permit endless tourist visas. What visa would you suggest a 40 year old retired American apply for who is not married to a Thai and does not wish to work or do business in Thailand?

If a 40-year old American is truly in position to spend the rest of his/her life in a foreign country as a true retiree - he/she must have sufficient money for those investment related visas still avaiable ... The "cheapest" (in terms of how much must be put on the table) would be to form a company, which employs you as some kind of director for a salary sufficient to get you one-year extension of you permitted-to-stay-stamps. Of course, you'll have to pay tax of that (maybe only on paper) income --- but why not, if you like this country enough to want to stay here for good? ... Well, I gues the company also needs to do some sort of business to remain an acceptable entity - but if you're only 40 years old - no symphaty from here if you feel too old to trying comply with that ...

Urr lets see now! The baht is unstable, I trust the thai economy as far as I can through it! And there is a limit to what you can transfer back out of the country if it all goes tits up!

Also forming a company is going to mean paying some lawyer a bunch of money for setting it up!

And forming a company that is non-trading, well what happens when the auditors show up and start checking! Try stating you've paid tax then to them and see what happens!

Of course "real" tourist are going to be affected by this, even if it was because of the limitation of three entries, which means that going to Laos, Myranmar and Cambodia in one trip using Thailand as hub, will not be possilbe anymore without getting a tourist visa in advance.

Here's some "lateral-Thinking" to stick into your "Vortex" and smoke it . . . . . .

How about you "lose" your passport; then obtain a new one and between these two (2) passports you now have, you can 'flip-flop' the 90 day cycles ? ?

Just kidding, but it should work a charm, huh ?!?

AFAIK most European Countries, including UK, are quite prepared, under certain circumstances, to issue someone with two (maybe three) legit passports. This started many years ago when certain Countries refused entry to visitors if their passports contained stamps from other Countries eg. Israel/Iraq or S. Africa/Tanzania. The European governments took the view that these conflicts were not of their making and should not hinder their nationals in doing business, so if a person could put up a case that he may have a need to travel to any two such Countries, then they would happily solve his problem by issuing a second valid passport. Once obtained each passport can be re-newed as normal provided you declare on the renewal application, in the space provided in the case of a UK passport application, the number of your other passport. Sooooo - a route worth investigating ~ with two passports you could alternate every 90 days.

Yes thats a possible way round it!

One hitch is to get the second passport in thailand for Brits is tricky. The British embassy in BKK (the busiest embassy incidentally) issues replacement passport with only a couple of pages, the idea being to go home and get a 'proper' one. No problem for most, but a lot of brits don't have homes to go to in the UK (having sold up and moved to thailand!).

The second hitch is that some immigration staff may give hassle if they notice a totally black passport at thai immigration when you transit through from Burma/Cambodia/Malaysia! A 1000 baht note didn't hurt anyone there though :o

How about this one for an improvement!

Get your second passport and when the third entry is coming up for stamping (say three weeks before) send your passport to back to your home country to your home address there and have others send it on to the thai consulate there (you having already enclosed and completed the visa request form). Then the second passport is ready for use! Just have 'others' send it out to you in Thailand and off you go on the visa run, stamp out on the first passport. On return to thai immigration just use your second passport! Easy!

To all intents and purposes you have been out of the country for 90 days!

Edited by JimsKnight

Of course "real" tourist are going to be affected by this, even if it was because of the limitation of three entries, which means that going to Laos, Myranmar and Cambodia in one trip using Thailand as hub, will not be possilbe anymore without getting a tourist visa in advance.

Do you know many of that tourists? Usually if I want to go to that big trip - I buy tour or tickets like

Thailand->Laos-Myanmar->Cambodia->Thailand.

Why me need to use Thailand like hub in this situaton? Only if visa trip.

Do you know many of that tourists? Usually if I want to go to that big trip - I buy tour or tickets like

Thailand->Laos-Myanmar->Cambodia->Thailand.

Why me need to use Thailand like hub in this situaton? Only if visa trip.

Yes acutally there are quite a few of them, visit the torn three forum on lonely planet, heaps of people are doing this. In fact I do that as well. Incidentally it's much cheaper to enter Laos overland then it is to buy a ticket into Vientiane for instance.

This is a clear example of the Thai government finally cleaning the rubbish up that has come here and makes you shake your head with embarasment every time you see them.

Look at the white trash in Pattaya for examlpe, I look forward to the removal of gangsters, criminals, con men, kid fiddles, junkies and thugs.

I hope all the real expats get legal and this place will great once again.

This is a clear example of the Thai government finally cleaning the rubbish up that has come here and makes you shake your head with embarasment every time you see them.

Look at the white trash in Pattaya for examlpe, I look forward to the removal of gangsters, criminals, con men, kid fiddles, junkies and thugs.

I hope all the real expats get legal and this place will great once again.

pathetic post:

sic 'embarasment' or embarrassment?

'white trash'? lots of different skin colours here in Pattaya; most good, a few bad.

sic 'kid fiddles' what are they? Tiny violins?

sic 'junkies'; I imagine some people are addicted to drugs in every part of the world.

You are the con man Tycoon! I put it to you.....you are no newbie just a troll trying to inflame T.V. members ire.

Note to admins and sponsor :

please, post a "pinned" message on top of forum. With all the facts.

We have too many threads, too many people who are "jumping on the train" after, without understand anything and the threads are toooo long.

I know it's good for traffic... But really you should close all thoses crazy threads, put some pinned infos, and then let people react or ask questions.

'stacker10' date='2006-09-13 16:14:55' post='892571'

For your information, 400,000 THB is 8,411 EUR, 10,685 USD, and 5,713 GBP

Does it have to be cash only, or could it be a property bond? Who else has this sort of money swilling about as cash? It should be safely locked up in stock, property or some other investment 'vehicle'!

Laulen

If you don't have at least that much liquid you are asking for problems. Emergencies happen all the time and you might need quick cash. 15,000 USD in a MM is a good idea; makes interest and can be used at any time. BTW, the 400,000 baht has to be cash.

ps: anyone that is (starting) now to plan to live here on anything but a full on retirement visa - well you desreve to lose all the money and have all the heartache becasue you have been duly warned....!

you can read all the guys here that have been here for years and know ALL the ins/outs and we say we are screwed, so if you want a piece of that, come and taste the cow manure.

i have never bought a ###### thing or married someone elses crappy divorcee in this country and im so smiley now....

Having a bad day are we? :o BTW my TW is a divorcee; the Thai husband was the crappy one. :D

Can someone recomend a good visa for me to apply for, I am not here working or anything basically just hanging out with my girlfriend enjoying my time. What is the best way now to stay in this country????

Get a job?

That why they are doing the 3 stamps and out dimwit to stop people working illegally. Unless he gets a work permit its no go. Do you work for Social Security anyways, telling pople get a job, maybe he a is a rich son of an Arab or even a lottery winner?

just another dimwitted response from rishi

start a site now for boycott

You're loosing your self control.

They don't want to get rid of all the farangs. They want to reduce the number of farangs...

They can not crack down on

-Work permits (too important for economy)

-retirees (a very good market)

-mixed family farang/thai (impossible to deport)

-real tourists (they want to promote tourism)

So who is left ? All the other. It means : you. Like Africans and Muslims from Maghreb who think they can go to Europe, for free lunch, start a new life etc. Because it's a "human right".

But there is a big difference : in Europe we are stupid enough to say "OK, you are here, you can stay".

In Asia, it's another game. Each asian country wants to remains homogeneous from a population point of view.

I know it's very "shocking". From a western point of view. But that's the harsh reality.

Edited by cclub75

Today I went whit my Thai GF to the emigration office here in Songkhla and the men there told dont worry.

On this moment have Thailand a not working government and the bad thing is that the Thaksin clan want breackdown manny things, and the want that there is unrest in the country, why the crackdowns on beergardens, Big C, Tesco and, and. Never mint what for visa you have becouse you can work illigal on every visa so the argument to stop that is shit. If Thailand make it for the toerist to dificult then Thailand lost a lot of income. Well then Thailand go down and this want Thaksin then he come back and put every thing back, to can win the election. So I see what is happend and if not I make my visum in Malysia.

Best regard

billshot64