Switched to True from 3BB

loppylugs1

What a difference . Was with 3BB 15/1 for ever getting worse and worse ,now True 18/3 and 200 baht cheaper.

Final day with 3BB,showing speeds of 6down and yet connecting far faster than it has ever done,queer, but had enough with them. Few extra goodies tv,phone etc. but pay month by month instead of yearly contract,best thing Ive ever done in Thailand

I took up the True Cable internet 30 meg download deal a while back, I think it is absolute rubbish, I had been sharing the guy next doors 3BB since I lost my Sophon Cable internet a year ago.

They must throttle overseas websites something fierce, to the point that some sites won't even load, they time out, no such problems with the shared 3BB, streaming is also more reliable with 3BB than True.

The Free TV that came with the deal isn't worth watching either, turned it on once, had a look through what was available and just turned it off again, lucky it is free and I don't have to pay for it.

I am in Samui, 1km outside Nathon on the ring road - TRUE (or as I like to call it from my experiences in Huahin - Gohok Internet) service stops short of my place so I am getting 3BB 15/1 connected next week. Apparently the lines are full so they are running a new line to me (for extra set-up cost of course) so hopefully i will have decent speeds. I will report once I get it up and running

I switched from 3bb to True about 8 months ago and regret it. 3bb was a slower advertised speed 10mgb/sec but must have been higher quality in their lines/switching. True shows 30-40 mgb/sec but has lots of dropouts and connection problems so is actually less useful than 3bb which had a slower advertised speed. I'll be switching back--or to another service provider, when my contract is finished.

I changed from TOT HAD MANY PROBLEMS, TOOK THEM DAYS TO COME AND FIX IT, I CHANGED TO true and up graded my TV in the deal, fantastic deal, fast internet and triple the amount of TV channels from my 650baht a month old contract, all for 1,090. Very happy with it, thank you TRUE.

Glad we didn't switch then, but TOT craps out for months at a time, wish there was an alternative where I live. Called 3BB a few times about getting their service. They are kind enough to actually pick up the phone which is refreshing and tell us they will call back and tell us what they can offer but never get back to us, which probably means they don't offer service to our area or they are just too fat and happy to be bothered neither one of which bodes very well for my future with 3BB as my internet provider I am afraid.

Using 3BB in Pattaya at the moment and I feel their service to international servers has worsened

I'm getting 250ms ping, 3.5 up and 1 down on a swiss server at the moment - could anyone using true please use speedtest.net on a swiss server please?

Edited by manarak

Using 3BB in Pattaya at the moment and I feel their service to international servers has worsened

I'm getting 250ms ping, 3.5 up and 1 down on a swiss server at the moment - could anyone using true please use speedtest.net on a swiss server please?

True Docsis 15/1 641 baht per month

See attached -

post-108341-0-03139800-1433338990_thumb.

Just done again and 4.94 up, 1.65 down but ping still 264ms

See attached -

attachicon.gifLausanne.JPG

Thanks!

It's not that faster though, I must say I was hoping for a better result.

Maybe a 20/2 or 18/3 customer can also post his results? (server in Switzerland)

See attached -

attachicon.gifLausanne.JPG

Thanks!

It's not that faster though, I must say I was hoping for a better result.

Maybe a 20/2 or 18/3 customer can also post his results? (server in Switzerland)

I find sometimes it can be slow in the evenings - but to Maidenhead (just west of London) ping is over 400 and speed from 5 - 13 down and around 1.5/1.6 up spread across the last 30 minutes or so.

Edit - package is actually 15/1.5 not 1 up as stated above.

From what I have read over the last 5 years on here a lot seems to depend on where you are and the connections/line conditions in that area - for all the providers.

Two month ago i took a true package in Chiang Mai. 18mb download and a simple tv package. The tv package is free for one year. Downloadspeed is mostly ok. Sometimes it go's to sleep for a while.

For internet its reasonavle but sometimes irritating.

Worst of all is their reliability. Sinds a few weeks they send reminders to pay the tv package.

I already went to their shop at cerntral festival for three times. They know nothing they say! But free tv for one year is not in their package. But dear nong kha, this is really where i signed the contract for. Ok. I will look it up for you and will call you.

Visit them three times and never calles back.

I just let it be. Just wasted time. In case they close me off from tv, i let them stuff their whole package, included internet, in a hole where usually only something comes out.

This "true".

Two month ago i took a true package in Chiang Mai. 18mb download and a simple tv package. The tv package is free for one year. Downloadspeed is mostly ok. Sometimes it go's to sleep for a while.

For internet its reasonavle but sometimes irritating.

Worst of all is their reliability. Sinds a few weeks they send reminders to pay the tv package.

I already went to their shop at cerntral festival for three times. They know nothing they say! But free tv for one year is not in their package. But dear nong kha, this is really where i signed the contract for. Ok. I will look it up for you and will call you.

Visit them three times and never calles back.

I just let it be. Just wasted time. In case they close me off from tv, i let them stuff their whole package, included internet, in a hole where usually only something comes out.

This "true".

The beauty of this though is you are paying a month at a time,not entering into 12 month contract. Stuff the TV.

Nothing in Thailand is any good,just a pile of <deleted> really,least it works sorta

I am sure that even people on this forum are able to understand that it depends on location and luck ? For some True will be better and for others it will be 3bb.

actually, international connectivity mostly depends on the ISP's contracts with international data carriers, specifically on how much bandwidth they reserved vs. how much traffic they have

297kbps download speed ...bits or bytes i dont know ... with a sim card at testmy.net

We have cat telecom 370bts per month ...cant beat that...no tricks no pub no message never more expensive .exept if use it in a fone and use it to call