Tranfer Money From Uk

Get a Nationwide Flex account.... and send the ATM card to the recipient .... (don't ask for the VISA card) ..... it's a trust sort of thing.... but far better than Western Onion, or the other multitude of advertised ways :o

do you no if they give you 2 cards on one account?

Get a Nationwide Flex account.... and send the ATM card to the recipient .... (don't ask for the VISA card) ..... it's a trust sort of thing.... but far better than Western Onion, or the other multitude of advertised ways :o

do you no if they give you 2 cards on one account?

I don't think so. unless it is joint account (which would be a little problematical to organise if you are 6,000 miles apart)

Why do you need two cards?

You have an account with one bank in the UK (with a card I assume), you send money from that account to the Nationwide, your significant other, or trusted family member, uses the ATM to draw the money out.

Why do you need two cards? (I know I have just repeated myself, but it is a fairly significant question)

Edited by Thaddeus

HI

This must have been asked times b4 but which is the cheapest way to get money from the UK to Thailand?

Any UK banks offer internet transfers? :o

Ingratiate yourself with the Philippine community in the U.K. (which is significant in every U.K. city).

They send money worldwide with a 'door to door' service. I have used it a few times, it used to cost 4 GBP now it is generally 5GBP with every tenth transfer free.

As for the Nationwide method: sounds good: but I am sure there is 2.75% exchange rate fee, which on larger amounts is significant.

Hi I have 2 flex accounts with Nationwide both with visa debt cards, I am going to give one to my GF and I keep 1 for myself, you will not be charged if the card is used abroad, also you can sign up for internet banking and transfer money between the 2 account (takes 1 day (max) or sometimes a few hours to reach the secound account) also you can check to see how much she is taking out, but do not get an overdraft on the second account, if you are going to send the card to Thailand send it by DHL or the card will go walkies don't trust the postal service in Thailand.

If you need anymore info let me know

Cheers

Jason

:o

HI

This must have been asked times b4 but which is the cheapest way to get money from the UK to Thailand?

Any UK banks offer internet transfers? :D

As for the Nationwide method: sounds good: but I am sure there is 2.75% exchange rate fee, which on larger amounts is significant.

Nope, at least as of yesterday. You get the full quoted exchange rate, there is no charge for using the card.

When you have opened the Flex account, you can have an e-savings account, the money you put in that earns a good rate of interest and can be transferred to the flex account via the internet and is available for withdrawal using the ATM card as soon as you hit the button.

What was that about the Philippine community, why did I wake up?....... oh yes..... toilet :o

I will second the Nationwide Flex account. Set yourself up with esavings if you want to leave money sitting around for a while. I have checked my withdrawals here and always get a good exchange rate (no charges either). Check out the interest rates carefully though as some accts you only get good rates for a certain amount of money. For example one of their accts gives you a good rate up to £3,000 and then the rate is almost non existent for anything over. Sorry can't remember which acct offhand.

I have 2 cards the red Nationwide flexaccount and the blue visa. Red for Thailand, Blue Visa for me. Also internet banking. Can be on the phone to the gf in Thailand and on the internet UK at the same time. 1 minute she cannot withdraw the next she can when I do the transfer from blue to red. Best way to transfer money and top whack exchange rates. The only way you can better this is ........................................ not worked that out yet :-)