Recommendations for condo rental 6-7k or less with short contract?

jonaz

I'm looking to for a condo in Bangkok that accepts short term rental (3 months) with maximum monthly rental of 7000 baht. It doesn't have to be next to a BTS or MRT station as I have a moped that I can use. However, somewhere within a short(ish) driving distance to BTS or MRT would be preferred.

I've looked at various websites such as 9apartment but I find that recommendations tend to be better so I thought I would ask here. Thank you

Might help to know something about what you expect to get for Baht 7000. Studio, one bedroom? A/C? Furnished? Including utilities & monthly service charges? Internet connection? etc.

Baht 7,000 per month sounds rather low for anything remotely central and with any kind of services.

Might help to know something about what you expect to get for Baht 7000. Studio, one bedroom? A/C? Furnished? Including utilities & monthly service charges? Internet connection? etc.

Baht 7,000 per month sounds rather low for anything remotely central and with any kind of services.

A studio, air-con, furnished but I can buy my own bed sheets if I need to. Water, electric and internet I'll pay for.

I've spent some time living at Vasan Mansion and The 20 apartment at On Nut in this price range so I have these places to fall back on if needed. I was hoping to try somewhere new this time around.

A comfortable apartment in Bangkok is going to set you back 60-70k a month. You're off the mark by a factor of 10. You clearly don't have sufficient funds to live in a major global city like Bangkok. My recommendation is to stay in your own country, because Thailand is obviously out of your price range.

A comfortable apartment in Bangkok is going to set you back 60-70k a month. You're off the mark by a factor of 10. You clearly don't have sufficient funds to live in a major global city like Bangkok. My recommendation is to stay in your own country, because Thailand is obviously out of your price range.

Well seeing as though I've been living here in Thailand for the best part of 5 years now, I think I can gauge for myself what I can and cannot afford thank you.

If you have no recommendations or positive input then your comment is irrelevant to me, sir. Thanks all the same.

What planet are you on? Or what are you on?:blink:

Actually your user name makes your comment very appropriate lol sorry had to be said

Edited by maprao

Well seeing as though I've been living here in Thailand for the best part of 5 years now, I think I can gauge for myself what I can and cannot afford thank you.

If you have no recommendations or positive input then your comment is irrelevant to me, sir. Thanks all the same.

if you've been here for five years and you still are needy enough to seek help that's a pretty sad state of affairs. it costs 6K to board my dog for a month

if you've been here for five years and you still are needy enough to seek help that's a pretty sad state of affairs. it costs 6K to board my dog for a month
Well have the dog put down

Or stop moaning

You have no idea of what your talking about. Your reply is more or less verbatim to a similar question from myself.

10,000 baht would get you something decent away from Central Bangkok.

I'm not saying it's impossible to find somewhere decent for that amount downtown, but good luck finding it.

There are tons of apartments in Bangkok in this price range. Like I said, I have transport so I can consider being further away from the BTS/MRT where the prices skyrocket.

As for your comments, Mascara bertha, I'm not sure why you needed to make them at all. If you have no input then just move along.

I'm currently living in Phuket and want somewhere cheap for a few months to visit Bangkok whilst the weather here isn't so good.

I know there are good, clean places out there in this price range and hopefully I'll get some people with some up to date info as to where the best of these are.

If you don't know anywhere, maybe it's best not to answer at all as it doesn't help

Edited by jonaz

Check out CONTEMP,, off Pridi (soi)13 off Suk. 71 in Phra Khanong 35 s/m studios, probably 8 to 9k short term but everything included: TV & cable, wi-fi, refrig. and microwave. Decently furnished, quiet location, B20 moto to BTS, 15 min walk, has parking available.

Edited by dddave

Check out CONTEMP,, off Pridi (soi)13 off Suk. 71 in Phra Khanong 35 s/m studios, probably 8 to 9k short term but everything included: TV & cable, wi-fi, refrig. and microwave. Decently furnished, quiet location, B20 moto to BTS, 15 min walk, has parking available.

Thanks, I'll take a look

KTA mansion has 7k options, allows monthly, that's very central 100m from Ekkamai BTS. Down Sukhumvit soi 42 and hang a left.

Is it nice, no, but it fulfils the criteria OP asked, max 7k, doesn't need to be near a BTS (this one is though) and month to month contract.

The guys talking about 70k apartments and 6k kennels are total <censored>, why do you need to make yourself feel good by putting other people down who spend less on housing.

If OP had asked for a modern style, nicely furnished, western standard place near a BTS, I'd have politely said you're looking at 20k Baht on a long term lease, e.g. Noble Solo Thonglor, or for 1 month drop your standards a bit and try Liberty Place or Ascella on Soi 22 / Soi 38 respectively for about the same.

KTA mansion has 7k options, allows monthly, that's very central 100m from Ekkamai BTS. Down Sukhumvit soi 42 and hang a left.

Is it nice, no, but it fulfils the criteria OP asked, max 7k, doesn't need to be near a BTS (this one is though) and month to month contract.

The guys talking about 70k apartments and 6k kennels are total <censored>, why do you need to make yourself feel good by putting other people down who spend less on housing.

If OP had asked for a modern style, nicely furnished, western standard place near a BTS, I'd have politely said you're looking at 20k Baht on a long term lease, e.g. Noble Solo Thonglor, or for 1 month drop your standards a bit and try Liberty Place or Ascella on Soi 22 / Soi 38 respectively for about the same.

Thanks. I've heard of KTA before but forgot about it. I'll check that one out too.

If I was planning on staying permanently I would be looking at a higher price bracket but I'm not going to be in it much.

I have a few places to look at now so thanks for your input so far everybody.

Thanks. I've heard of KTA before but forgot about it. I'll check that one out too.

If I was planning on staying permanently I would be looking at a higher price bracket but I'm not going to be in it much.

I have a few places to look at now so thanks for your input so far everybody.

let me understand. if you were staying permanently you would look for a much higher bracket however short term you are looking at 7K. normally one would expect to pay much more for only a couple of months and a more reasonable price for long term

let me understand. if you were staying permanently you would look for a much higher bracket however short term you are looking at 7K. normally one would expect to pay much more for only a couple of months and a more reasonable price for long term

He just needs a place to crash and is going to be out and about all day in holiday mode. Long term expats spend more time at home.

He just needs a place to crash and is going to be out and about all day in holiday mode. Long term expats spend more time at home.

This is correct. I won't be there much so I'm looking for a cheap option.

If I were to make it my long term home then I would be looking at somewhere more expensive.

what a giant load of rubbish. my Condo, not new but still in reasonable condition, has 78sqm and cost 9.900 + 900 THB maintenance fee, and I can reach the next BTS station usually within 15 minutes by Bus if it is not morning rush hour. Continue dreaming

what a giant load of rubbish. my Condo, not new but still in reasonable condition, has 78sqm and cost 9.900 + 900 THB maintenance fee, and I can reach the next BTS station usually within 15 minutes by Bus if it is not morning rush hour. Continue dreaming

Let's see the photos then of your amazing 9,900 baht "condo". When you said "a giant load of rubbish", were you referring to your condo? 15 minutes away from the nearest BTS by bus hardly seems convenient at all. So if you had to go out during the rush hour, it might take 1 hour by bus sitting in jams just to reach the BTS? I find it amazing how farangs with very little money always find some way of justifying their low and meagre existence. Is it perhaps because they know they could never afford to go back and live in their own country?

I'll be paying 10,000 baht (15,000 top for my budget) for a 2 or 3 month apartment let. Nicely furnished, wired broadband and exactly a 7 minute walk to surasak BTS. I have a several similar alternatives in the same area. If I want a change of scenery, I have other apartments to look at in other areas, all within a 10 minute walk of the BTS and all around the 10,000 baht mark. If I had a budget of 50,000 baht per month for an apartment downtown, I would much rather spend 10k - 15k for somewhere less central and not as "plush", and blow the difference on enjoying myself. Unless you were very wealthy, why would you even pay 60k - 70k for a short stay apartment if on holiday? It's not like I will be spending much time in the apartment anyway. I'm only glad I never listened to your fellow curmudgeons before my first trip.

As for "not being able to afford to go back and live in their own country" .....I would roughly be paying double the amount of my bangkok apartment for accommodation back in the UK, something I will be doing when I return for the other 9 months of the year. Maybe differentiate between people on holiday, and people living in Thailand full time. You may well have a point for ex-pats living full time in Thailand, but hey, good luck to them I say.

Things get a lot more livable here for only just several thousand baht a month more.

Is a hundred bucks more a month going to break you? If your a foreigner worried about that much you need to look at why before you settle down.

If not, it's not worth the hassle for such a small amount.

Let's see the photos then of your amazing 9,900 baht "condo". When you said "a giant load of rubbish", were you referring to your condo? 15 minutes away from the nearest BTS by bus hardly seems convenient at all. So if you had to go out during the rush hour, it might take 1 hour by bus sitting in jams just to reach the BTS? I find it amazing how farangs with very little money always find some way of justifying their low and meagre existence. Is it perhaps because they know they could never afford to go back and live in their own country?

The OP didn't ask for a nice place, or a 2 - 3 bedroom, or a penthouse, you thoroughly unpleasant man.

Anyway, I'll post some pics of a 'reasonable condo'. I paid 8500 baht a month for this when I used to stay there, government rate electricity, 26th floor view, large gym 25 baht a time, large pool 30 baht a time, 5 restaurants downstairs that deliver, 3 minimarts that deliver, massage shop downstairs too. 2 tennis courts, squash courts, and saunas.

Yes it's a studio and 10 mins walk to an MRT station but again, nowhere near your '60-70k for a comfortable apartment' figure.

ywjAkWB.jpg

j5jasF9.jpg

tMvbvMX.jpg

Pt3T5ij.jpg

9Sjea4Y.jpg

TfqGwOY.jpg

MGYRdJy.jpg

tLsfnMK.jpg

75nprIZ.jpg

Wn4NCtT.jpg

LIGgysl.jpg

BA3GuFd.jpg

YIgeFM0.jpg

knsWVa6.jpg

JUZTKTm.jpg

GAjBd6b.jpg

Living frugally isn't necessarily correlated to not having money, there are plenty of thrifty millionaires who just prefer to live in a studio and not be wasteful if that's all the space they need, being single.

There's a much higher correlation between putting others down on the internet, and being a failure in life in some way shape or form.

Send me a pm if you are still looking, I can send you a ladys number who owns it , she has a room for 4500 in ratchada 3 about 30sqm, 5 min walk to mrt rama9 station, fortune town, central rama9

You don't need 80k a month unless you want hotel standard luxury or need to be in the central business district etc...