Transportation From The New Bkk Airport

sssteve

• 2 weeks later...
How much should it cost for a group of 4 adults to get from the new airport to a downtown Bangkok hotel? What are the available and popular options? :o

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Airport Express bus costs 120 apiece and stops at major hotels.

Taxi costs around 300 Baht all inclusive but may not have enough room for all 4 of you and all your luggage. Bangkok taxis often have a big natural gas cylinder in the trunk/boot.

Limo about 700 Baht and will have plenty of room.

If you only have carry-on, you might consider taking public bus 553 to On Nut BTS/Skytrain station and changing to the Skytrain.

I like the public bus plus Skytrain idea; however, I have two questions pertaining to this:

We plan to fly in from Hanoi on Air Asia. Will we arrive at the new airport, or do the discount fliers land somewhere else, e.g. the "old" airport?

Also, we have the choice of landing at 4 p.m. or around 11:30 p.m., and, of course, the problem with the first of these is giving up most of a day in Hanoi. We're inclined, therefore, to take the late flight, but will we find that our transport options are restricted owing to the late hour?

Thanks for advice!

glad somebody ask a 'dumb question' before me:

which airport do people arrive in when flying:

EL AL /THAI airways regular (not charter)

swiss air ? same same

because (as i posted in issaan forum) my kid will be arriving solo a day after us and i have to write everything out for her to get to korat... everyone on ISSAAN FORUM was helpful and gave directions from the airport etc, then realized, dont know which airport...:

the other thing is: is it very complicated to get to the north/northeast bus station from either airport??

After last night it will be the new airport

It MAY be possible to get to Nakhon Ratchasima from the new airport via gov't bus without having to go into town!

If not then a taxi to Mor Chit 2 sould not be crazy expensive! <more than the bus ride all the way to Korat ... but still cheap>

yhow much does it cost to get from bkk towards krabbi traveling with a slight budget nothing desperate bt reasonably cheap

You'll need to get into Sukhumvit first (public bus to Onnut BTS station ) Then get on a 511 bus from directly in front of the Lotus Tesco at that station (the yellow ones are more comfortabe). Take the 511 from Onnut --- all the way through town and across the river and you will arrive at Sai Tai Mai (the Southern Bus Terminal). From there you can get a gov't bus <vip> to Krabi... OR for a little more ... can get a private 24 or 32 seater.

The other option is flying ---- bangkok air flies into Krabi ... not sure who else. Far more expensive (about 3x) BUT saves 16 hours total travel time I think

the links are beautiful BUT

i dont understand now how one is supposed to get to the north/northeast bus station?? w/o being complicated and super expensive ... she's travelling light

anybody any ideas?

i need specifics cause i have to write out the 'recipe' so she knows what to do/where to go...

how much baht she will need for getting to us (once she's with us its no problem money wise)...

bina

the links are beautiful BUT

i dont understand now how one is supposed to get to the north/northeast bus station?? w/o being complicated and super expensive ... she's travelling light

anybody any ideas?

i need specifics cause i have to write out the 'recipe' so she knows what to do/where to go...

how much baht she will need for getting to us (once she's with us its no problem money wise)...

bina

Bina

Bus Number 825 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - NongKhai

will likely go to the Nakhon ratchasima Bypass but I cannot verify this

a Taxi to Morchit 2 (N/NE bus station) should total far under 600 baht including surcharges and expressway tolls.

From MorChit2 the bus should be less that 250 baht

thanx for checking for me;

i think that we may just stay the nite since we arrive on the 1/11 (i think if we leave israel on 31/10 at 22:00 ) or am i reversing times? then we would stay with a friend (labourer) in some dinky apartment somewhere in khungthep, wait for my child, who will be arriving on 2/10 at 4:00 a.m. ... it just seems easier and will give me a chance to recuperate for the next leg of the journey (meeting the WHOLE family)... i dont fly well (ears,sinuses and legs)so it would give me a day of acclimation, then we all go together and i'm not worried about her finding her way...

i always prefer slow and steady when travelling, and not zipping all over to try and do everything (the israeli way); i hate siteseeing, prefer to meet friends, eat, and learn, so this will give me that day of space... then we all will have to do the taxi/bus thing... anon is as clueless as i am as he hasnt been back for years and is backcountry as well but he officially takes on the role of husband and father as of our arrival there so he will have to deal!!!

BUT if we have time, then we can do the one tourist thing we both want to do which is the emerald buddha and palace (if possible now after coup thingy, or is it shut off at moment?)so we can say we were in bangkok (all my past photos are pictures of cows buffalos and fields)

bina