Renew 5 year Thai Driving License now with theoretical test?

Yes thanks I thought that too.I was googeling a bit and found a few websites who say you need to do a theoretical test

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

1. APPLICATION FOR THAI DRIVING LICENSE

2. ORIGINAL FIVE-YEARS THAI DRIVING LICENCE

3. PASSPORT WITH NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY)

4. COPY OF PASSPORT (1ST PAGE; VISA PAGE; TM6

5 . RESIDENT CERTIFICATE FROM THAI IMMIGRATION OR YOUR EMBASSY IN THAILAND TO VERIFY
YOUR ADDRESS OR WORK PERMIT WITH ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY

6. Take a computer based test (in Thai & English language only) on the rules of driving

Yes thanks I thought that too.I was googeling a bit and found a few websites who say you need to do a theoretical test

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

5 . RESIDENT CERTIFICATE FROM THAI IMMIGRATION OR YOUR EMBASSY IN THAILAND TO VERIFY

6. Take a computer based test (in Thai & English language only) on the rules of driving

In stead of 6. I had to watch the video last week when I renewed.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

The video I watched 5 years ago,transport office Chonburi City

So what is the standard requirement? It seems each Fifedom make up it's own rules, sepecially here in the "Country of Samui".

It seems that each ministry should come up with a standard set of rules, requirements and "set them in stone".

Each person has thier own idea of "what they want", write it down and enforce it according to the rules.

90 day reporting is a perfect example, in this day and age how difficult can this simple operation be. Log on to a web site, like your bank, (example) log in name, password, verification code sent, fill in the form on line, have a receipt for the transaction sent to your phone. Siplified explanation but such a simple thing occupies a lot of time and resources, forget to do it, that why there is a calendar and reminder application on your phone.

Why does it have to be so difficult, the less you see the Immigration faces the better.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

The video I watched 5 years ago,transport office Chonburi City

Yes, and very likely you'll have to watch it again.

No you dont need to do it,if you have the first one ( temporary) You only do the colour,break and distance test.

I converted my one year to five this morning at the Land Transport Office near Pattaya and did the above only thumbsup.gif