Ever been to prison? Pattaya police station cells?

Rorynorway

Many years ago, I was given the option to pay my out of trouble. I was scared so I paid and avoided jail (not sure if it would've come to that but I didn't want to find out).

I hear that these days, it's nearly impossible to pay a bribe, especially for DUI.

Do you have any Pattaya jail experience or know someone who has?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a <deleted>. my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a <deleted>my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

For drink driving you should have been Jailed for 18 Months then deported with a no come back policy for at least 20 years.

Disgusting,

dont know what its like now but 5 years ago I got to spend quite some time in the soi 9 cells and they were certainly encouraging and accepting bribes, altho they never asked me for one. strange thing was that after a bribe was paid they werent let allowed to go immediately, in fact every case I saw was handcuffed and taken to the court with everyone else the next day, so I dont know what became of them, they could have been sentenced normally and the police kept the bribe, or maybe the evidence was changed.

In australia they let u wait 1hr and test u again to see if your reading goes up or down and because i finished drinking 2 hrs before mine was on the way down and wpuld of been let go. And banzai99 just keep hideing behind your laptop!

No never

Heard it's not the nicest place to be in.whistling.gif

Still heaps of drunk driving going on but they have finally started getting more serious about it and putting people in the slammer before seeing a judge, about time.

Tough shit when people getting busted on a friday as they will have to wait until monday for seeing one.

No never

Still heaps of drunk driving going on but they have finally started getting more serious about it and putting people in the slammer before seeing a judge, about time.

Tough shit when people getting busted on a friday as they will have to wait until monday for seeing one.

Thats funny

I thought it was just another Tax on farangs, whistling.gif

i must have been fed some bad information !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

No never

The court is open on Saturday

DUI still accepts donations if offered correctly and discritly . 20000-25000.

Not sure what OP wants to know, but in Soi 9, no food or drink is provided , it's not an air conditioned room, over crowded.

Any food or drink is what visitors bring.

Usually visitors would bring a pack of water and food , otherwise person may not have a pleasant time as the rest are thirsty and hungry.

Donation to desk is 100 baht, lunch money .

With good lawyer, "bail" can be paid and charge is lost in paper work.

Is it better to pay than to be locked up ? Of course it is, especially when donations are pretty small in comparison to legal fees and all the rest .

No never

The court is open on Saturday

They never make it on Saturday , lot from Friday, goes to court on Monday

Not sure what OP wants to know, but in Soi 9, no food or drink is provided , it's not an air conditioned room, over crowded.

Usually visitors would bring a pack of water and food , otherwise person may not have a pleasant time as the rest are thirsty and hungry.

Is it better to pay than to be locked up ? Of course it is, especially when donations are pretty small in comparison to legal fees and all the rest .

Thought they gave you water, thats a bit rough with out that, think i will give it a miss.

How much is the room with Air con ? smile.png

Thought they gave you water, thats a bit rough with out that, think i will give it a miss.

How much is the room with Air con ? smile.png

Air con rooms are reserved for VIP guests ;)

mate was done DUI on thursday, he had to wait to monday to go to court, cops let him pay a 20000 thb fine plus an extra 15000 on friday night to be let go before monday mornings court. 4 years ago another mate died when taken from chon buri jail to hospital with diabetes, he was chained to bed in hospital, he called me from a smuggled phone next day to say cops ( actually navy ) were trying to kill him in jail, i didnt believe it as when i visited him the cops seemed friendly enough and i even had a bit of a laugh with them about buying him a few beer chang from downstauirs 7/11. 2 days later he was dead. all because he assaulted the farang boss of a well known gogo bar . he couldnt pay his way out because i asked him if it was possible as he had the money. another accomplice died last year in klong phrem central , he was given 50 years for drugs, yes stupid !! both guys from northern ireland.

moral of the story is dont do drugs in LOS and try your best to turn the other cheek and walk away from ars e holes , its hard but its only going to go one way if you dont and your caught.

A few bribe stories but not many from behind the door.

On that note I was pillion on a bike a few months ago & we were pulled over about 1am on the corner of South Pattaya Rd & 2nd Rd on the way to Jomtien.

Driver failed the bag & was asked for 25K.

Asked what his options were & the copper pointed over to a pickup truck being loaded with farangs & a couple of Thais.

Said gentleman offered 15k which was accepted & we were sent on our way

I spent a night in the Soi 9 cells a couple of years ago after a disagreement with the ex-wife.

It wasn't that. bad and a good place to sober-up. I gladly paid 20k the next am to be released.

What I do remember is that the foreign police volunteers were no effin' use whatsoever.

I spent a night in the Soi 9 cells a couple of years ago after a disagreement with the ex-wife.

It wasn't that. bad and a good place to sober-up. I gladly paid 20k the next am to be released.

What I do remember is that the foreign police volunteers were no effin' use whatsoever.

One of the volunteers actually threatened to take me to the Police Station a couple of weeks ago. It was the well known farang who wears the regular police uniform and tries to convince people that he is actually a policeman, not a civilian volunteer.

Fortunately there was a real cop nearby who came over and sent me on my way.

No sympathy for any TV member who ends up in the slammer for DUI, we should all be good model citizens and lead by example. tongue.png

The Thais should lead by example, after all it is their country.

I'd agree with the first part of your post though.

Do they mix male and female detainees in the holding cells there? I know they used to at Tung Mahamek police station in Bangkok, and it was one very evil, sh!thole of a place run by a Burmese mafia (it held immigration offenders as well, as the immigration office was attached to it). Lots of rapes and assaults under the eyes of the cops who didn't care what went on. I assisted several people in the cells over the years, and can attest that it was truly one nasty place to be banged up over a weekend.

Do they mix male and female detainees in the holding cells there? I know they used to at Tung Mahamek police station in Bangkok, and it was one very evil, sh!thole of a place run by a Burmese mafia (it held immigration offenders as well, as the immigration office was attached to it). Lots of rapes and assaults under the eyes of the cops who didn't care what went on. I assisted several people in the cells over the years, and can attest that it was truly one nasty place to be banged up over a weekend.

Sounds horrid, I am sure anyone would sober up quickly and regret doing what they did to get banged up.

Yes they do, or did, mix the sexes in the holding cells on Soi 9.

There is a group of convicts in there that act as 'prefects", they kept the peace and distributed water when the guards handed some over.

In the am a foreigner and his mate brought in some sandwiches and snacks, one of the best meals I've ever had in Thailand ! if anyone knows who this do-gooder is then perhaps his name, or charity name, could be posted here as I for one would like to repay what was a very simple act of kindness.

Was passing through Aranyaprathet and the Cambodian police asked if I could help them with a near naked English man off his head on Yaabaa and trying to cross from Cambodia to Thailand.

They were very nice and pleading, so I very apprehensively went with them to the station and around the back to the cells.

Translating from Yaabaa English to Thai for them to understand.

The police were all very nice and really didn't know what to do. They called the British embassy and they basically said it is nothing to do with them, to send him to a psychiatric hospital, Thailand wouldn't accept him, and they couldn't let him out on the streets. I couldn't offer much assistance.

But seeing those pig-filthy, swelter-boxes with one wall as bars, lined up in filth with people huddled darkly in them, made me promise to myself I will never by a half naked yaabaa'd up unfortunate trying to pass through Aranyaprathet.

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

.54?? That's almost 11 times the legal limit.

I think you were being a 'kunt' for endangering other road users.

The legal limit on the police breathalyzers is 50.

I got stopped about a month aga and was told in no uncertain terms that over 50 and I go straight to the monkey house.

I was under an allowed to go on my way.

The cops could make a fortune if they waited outside any of the dozens of bars scattered around the Darkside and stopped farangs after they get in or on their vehicles to drive away. There must be literally hundreds of drunks driving over the limit every day.

I'm not sure why it hasn't occurred to them. Maybe because it's a different police jurisdiction to Pattaya city, and the cops out here are not quite so venal?

Unlikely, from what I've seen of them.

The cops could make a fortune if they waited outside any of the dozens of bars scattered around the Darkside and stopped farangs after they get in or on their vehicles to drive away. There must be literally hundreds of drunks driving over the limit every day.

I'm not sure why it hasn't occurred to them. Maybe because it's a different police jurisdiction to Pattaya city, and the cops out here are not quite so venal?

It hasn't occurred to them for the same reason as that if they post at any traffic light, and fine every red light jumper 100 Baht, the national debt would be solved in a month.

are the cops simple or what, if it was me looking money i would be hiding behind corner at soi dianna / lankee crossroads then pounce. i have to admit having a beer or 2 then driving motorbike. same as helmets and other traffic offences, cops usually stoppping at dolphin roundabout and pattaya thai 3rd rd near tonys mauy thai so knowing this i avoid them places and take short cuts by them. sometimes i pass a cop in daytime with no helmet on , he looks at me, sees me then drives on WT F ? why do they only do you when at roadblock ?

stupid .

Because they profit more off the bars having customers, than busting them and then losing them?

coffee1.gif