Police raid popular Bangkok pub

Thaivisa News

I really don't care if it takes 500 police to carry out a raid, if these establishments are operating illegally then they should be closed down.

Yes there will be other venue's operating illegally but do you expect them all to be closed down on the same evening? In a perfect world the answer would be yes but we're not in a perfect world are we?

These venue's (and many more like them) have been operating for years with the full knowledge, permission and collusion of some well placed and powerful people.

The tide may be turning but it will not be an easy or quick fix, lets show some patience and appreciation for the progress that is being made. If we still had the previous administration do you think any of this would have happened?

Funny how all the curtain twitchers

call for enforcement of the law when

the consequences won't affect them.

How many of these puritans take

advantage of corruption when it

benefits them? A 500 baht note

makes a potential DUI disappear, a

nod, a wink and a 100 baht premium

lets you buy that bottle of gin at

2.30am and the bribe to the local

cops means you can take that little

cutie with the silicone headlights

upstairs on the premises for some

bedroom antics.

Hypocrisy is sickening

For the life of me I can't see where you can find any hypocrisy in my original post, I think the hypocrisy you see has more to do with the alcohol or other mind altering substances you have inflicted on your body.

In my humble opinion once these venue's are regulated and controlled you will see several things happen, improved service for their clients as in less "padding" of bills, the use of the correct and undiluted branded drinks, improved and safer facilities etc, etc...

For the local workers I believe it would cut back on exploitation and the abuse inflicted on the most vulnerable etc, etc...

In my experience in Europe there is no need for restrictive licensing hours, bars and clubs should (when they are situated away from residential area's) be allowed to open when they want. I have found that market forces will dictate whether they remain open in competition to other similar business'es or pick another time slot.

The regulation and proper management of entertainment venues has nothing to do with the individuals choice in where they go or what they do, if you want to sit in a stinking hole and drink cheap plonk you can always stay at home.

Your mindless rant has less to do with my post and has more to do with your frustrated vision of an improving society, a society where quality venues will be the expected norm and not the exception...

For the life of me I can't see where you can find any hypocrisy in my original post, I think the hypocrisy you see has more to do with the alcohol or other mind altering substances you have inflicted on your body.

In my humble opinion once these venue's are regulated and controlled you will see several things happen, improved service for their clients as in less "padding" of bills, the use of the correct and undiluted branded drinks, improved and safer facilities etc, etc...

For the local workers I believe it would cut back on exploitation and the abuse inflicted on the most vulnerable etc, etc...

In my experience in Europe there is no need for restrictive licensing hours, bars and clubs should (when they are situated away from residential area's) be allowed to open when they want. I have found that market forces will dictate whether they remain open in competition to other similar business'es or pick another time slot.

The regulation and proper management of entertainment venues has nothing to do with the individuals choice in where they go or what they do, if you want to sit in a stinking hole and drink cheap plonk you can always stay at home.

Your mindless rant has less to do with my post and has more to do with your frustrated vision of an improving society, a society where quality venues will be the expected norm and not the exception...

You really don't have a clue what

you're talking about, do you? You

talk as if "regulated and controlled"

venues don't pad bills or water

down drinks and don't observe

safety regulations. You talk as if

legitimate businesses that close

way before 1 or 2am don't exploit

local workers and, by doing so,

you show just how out-of-touch

you are.

You can stay home with your 9pm

mug of cocoa, slippers and Radio

4 on the wireless and leave those

who enjoy partying late to do so in

the only way open to them.

• Like 1

you are.

You have now tried on two occasions to make some convoluted and irrelevant points, you have only succeeded in confirming that you either don't want to see the points I am making, or that you are incapable of understanding what has been posted.

I will leave this exchange as it is as you're contribution says it all...

100 officers for curfew violation: really

No doubt they knew it would be inevitable that there would be other violations, including drug use, so not just for curfew violatioms......... really!

You are right, so lets seee that is 20 officers for each arrested drug user. Must have been some real desperados....really

He indicated that commander of the Thonglor police station and four other senior officers of the station would be transferred because of the raid.

Why?? Why not fire their goldbricking, corrupt asses? They get transferred to do the same thing somewhere else, I suppose.

Does a transfer create hardship ? I sure hope so.

you are.

You have now tried on two occasions to make some convoluted and irrelevant points, you have only succeeded in confirming that you either don't want to see the points I am making, or that you are incapable of understanding what has been posted.

I will leave this exchange as it is as you're contribution says it all...

Anyone with even rudimentary reading

comprehension ability can see exactly

where I've addressed your dumb

assertions about regulation and control.

I go to late night venues and my bill isn't

padded, my drinks aren't watered down,

the establishments have clearly marked,

unobstructed fire exits and all the staff

do well on gratuities and no one's being

exploited. This proves that each of your

"points" have no grounding in fact. What

a surprise.

Reserve your claptrap for subjects you're

qualified by experience to comment on

I always find it interesting that the senior officials, and others are always transferred and not fired (at a minimum).

They can't fire them, because then they would have to pay them back their 30,000 joining fee!!
  • Like 1

Funny nothing in the media same day on the raid of a Soi Cowboy establishment that had Coyote girls underage, and Owner hauled to Police station, and fined 400,000 Baht! Know this happen as fact.

Funny nothing in the media same day on the raid of a Soi Cowboy establishment that had Coyote girls underage, and Owner hauled to Police station, and fined 400,000 Baht! Know this happen as fact.

Interesting, do you know which one? Throw the book at those bastards.

I have a mate coming in July, I didn't realise BKK had a 2am kurfew, is there anywhere to go after 2?

Go to Saigon - better and cheaper beer + girls without any ridiculous rules made up from day to day by BiB that are only interested in Brown envelopes ...

• 3 years later...
On 6/4/2015 at 11:37 AM, scorecard said:

Wonder if any officials did any safety and exit inspections?

With the number of posts you have to your credit you know the answer to your question. Of course they didnt why would you need safety inspections?

• 2 months later...
On June 4, 2015 at 12:59 AM, kkup said:

I have a mate coming in July, I didn't realise BKK had a 2am kurfew, is there anywhere to go after 2?

streets are dark and empty, creepy feeling, after midnight, even in chinatown, sukhumvit etc.

the all night vibe is just not there, though i think a handful of clubs are still open if your still juiced on it.

hard for me to get excited about partying all night when theres not a lot of people out and about, but im not an indoor club type.

maybe try patpong area or lucifer in patpong may be open later