Car really commits to ramming motorbike in Pattaya

webfact

Car really commits to ramming motorbike
By Coconuts Bangkok

footage.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A man has offered a THB30,000 bounty for tips to identify a madman motorist who intentionally rammed into him and his girlfriend yesterday in Pattaya.

Panupan Suksamran, 32, shared security camera footage of the hit-and-run incident showing him avoid a Vios that suddenly slammed on its brakes in front of him and shifted into reverse.

The driver must have had a real fury for the pair, for as Panupan drives away, the driver speeds from behind and clips the rear of the motorbike, sending Panupan and the woman on the bike flying.

Panupan said he had just left a restaurant with his girlfriend and was unaware of any enemies or person who would wish them harm. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/04/car-really-commits-ramming-motorbike-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-04

Am sure the motor-bike did something to wind-up the car driver.

Car driver intended only a minor injury on the motor-bike riders.

Maybe the motor-bike rider should do more with the 30,000 Baht reward, i.e. buy a safety helmet.

Maybe the motor-bike rider should do more with the 30,000 Baht reward, i.e. buy a safety helmet.

I agree there must have been some kind of incident prior to the video footage, but nevertheless the driver belongs into prison

So in your opinion it's OK to intentionally drive into someone knocking them off their bike......... Provided they did something to wind up the car driver....... I'm really glad I don't know you........!!!

And someone just a day or two ago was trying to tell us she would rather drive in Thailand than the UK because there is no road rage here like there is back there. I don't agree 100% that the motorcyclist did anything to provoke the driver, because it's not uncommon for a Thai male to misinterpret something as a slight to his precious ego. Even a thumbs up "thank you" and polite nod of the head got me chased and then verbally abused by a precious one once. And just recently I was threatened by another precious one when I tooted my horn to warn him he was about to hit a pothole, which I pointed to, but that wasn't good enough for him. I tooted him - bad form.

The problem is that in Thailand is that you don't have to do much to wind up a driver.

It is enough that one doesn't jump from the bridge when ME ME ME comes behind you and makes clear that he is the most important road user in Thailand.

Your sure ? You said it. Then you must have BEEN THERE!

Its probably just another old half Chinese lady in her Vios, just had her hair done, busy looking at it in the mirror while texting her daughter to get her parking space ready outside her shop, who has no clue how to drive but just knows that if you aim it towards your intended destination it will get you there eventually. No matter about anything or anyone else on the road or pavement that she may or may not notice along the way. I see it every time I drive. Soluna drivers are just as bad too.

That was intentional and could have killed someone. That driver should be locked up for 10 years.

Your new here, a few years back a teenager (17 yr) caused an accident that killed 9 people. She got a suspended sentence of 3 years which they appealed. After losing the appeal they were disappointed in the outcome.

Next the red bull heir that killed a policeman on his motorcycle while under influence of drugs, he was charged for a lesser offence (not murder) then he was allowed to escape the country and is now waiting for time to pass before returning. Oh yes he paid B 1 mil to the widow, as if this will fix everything.

That was intentional and could have killed someone. That driver should be locked up for 10 years.

Your new here, a few years back a teenager (17 yr) caused an accident that killed 9 people. She got a suspended sentence of 3 years which they appealed. After losing the appeal they were disappointed in the outcome.

Next the red bull heir that killed a policeman on his motorcycle while under influence of drugs, he was charged for a lesser offence (not murder) then he was allowed to escape the country and is now waiting for time to pass before returning. Oh yes he paid B 1 mil to the widow, as if this will fix everything.

I know all about those events and it is sad to see the results. What they end up with is one thing but I think this guy should get 10 years or more locked up.

If you follow the links in the Coconuts article, you will end up on this guy's FB page.

This is the dude who got run down.

I do not think we have read the last about this ... looking at this picture .. I might say it is "Game On."

post-145190-0-25925900-1433409288_thumb.

Edited by Guest
Thai text removed as per forum rules

This is the small minded thinking that plagues Thailand today.

This is the small minded thinking that plagues Thailand today.

I don't think anyone can call judgement on this one.

I reckon that guy has a lot of enemies, and his 'reward' will cost him 30,000 baht + a few bullets.

The car driver showed no regard for the woman on the back of the motorbike : she could have been seriously hurt.

The story of him being completely innocent of anything however is the only thing we can be sure of. It is definitely a lie.

I don't think a hard on is the correct vernacular tor this could be someone new the pair on the bike and decided to give them a nudge or the driver of the car could have been having a hard time from back seat drivers .

A head full of yabba wouldn´t help either........

And there is the truth of probably 80% of the road rage in this country, the Yabba combined with Lao Chow a lot of the time just to make them even more deranged...

sounds like you were the driver of the car...you still angry n drunk...thumbsup.gif

Watch the video in the coconuts full story link. The driver was pissed at the motorbike rider for some reason.

I had a mini van try to run me off the road once. The reason? It was on the shoulder of the road at the traffic lights. The section where motorbikes usually wait. (You know how they all do that, right?) I came up from behind and stopped in front of him. Yes ... I jumped the queue ... but so did he. Lights turned green..I took off, then about 500 metres down the road he caught up and veered sharply to the left as he passed me.

It doesn't take much to piss off these emotionally immature "me, me, ME types".

Edited by Fullstop

Are you the driver? What did he do, make eye contact? If you're not the driver, how do you know what his/her intentions were? How would a safety helmet have helped in this case?