Most expensive dogs in thailand?

Hey all,

I want to ask a purely blunt question, I have my goldens and I love them more than most people haha, when I was originally looking at different dogs breeds in Thailand as I had a new born due I always considered goldens/labs best although I grew up as a baby with staffies (stafford bull terrier) I have looked after alot of pits and find them very similar in character. I did not want to however risk any breed at first with my new born except a Lab/Golden which has turned out well as although they have 0 contact at the moment, via the window and when i carry him out know automatically he is my baby and not to take the *****

I personally paid 3,000 bhat for each of my goldens, let me say, I did not once look or ask bout the price of our dogs prior to deciding, this is not something in my opinion that matters when buying a 15+ year life long companion.

I love dogs, any dogs... soi dogs, peoples dogs, whatever I just do... I have always wondered to myself what is the most expensive dog in Thailand? I have also wondered why no Staffies are around?

True dog lovers will know what I am saying,

Cheers

St. Bernards will be up there. Know someone who breeds pedigree St. Bernards and has a very professional kennel and they can cost 30k or more. Most go overseas though.

Our GR with pedigree papers cost 10k. Worth every baht. smile.png

I used to breed Golden Retrievers here. I charged from 4k to 8k baht, no pedigree or papers. I stopped breeding them and took in some Soi dogs. I now have 8 Soi dogs and only one Golden left, he'll be 12 next week, the runt of the first litter. Would buy another Golden or Lab in a heartbeat if the opportunity came up.

Edited by wayned

Thnks for the info, I imagined some toy poodle being the most bhat,

I used to breed Golden Retrievers here. I charged from 4k to 8k baht, no pedigree or papers. I stopped breeding them and took in some Soi dogs. I now have 8 Soi dogs and only one Golden left, he'll be 12 next week, the runt of the first litter. Would buy another Golden or Lab in a heartbeat if the opportunity came up.

Leo recently has his manhood snipped to no chance of that, shame though he is real character and muscly, do have a nice female golden but she will also soon get it too.

I often find the Thais struggle to see the difference between golden and lab, maybe thats just my poor Thai skills though,

Cheers all

I've noticed teacup Scotties going for 35,000 in the classifieds.

I suspect we never even get a sniff of the truly high dollar puppies, though.

I've seen Tibetan mastiffs in Chatuchuk, and they go for $20,000 and up in China. That's 660,000 baht. I'm afraid to even ask the price in Chatuchuk.

Thai dog vary so much its crazy! I have a litter of Yorkies at 15000TH ea and haven't had only one call, normally they are calling for months. I breed yorkies and Huskies, and the huskies go at 15000TH No problem, and even though all mine are registered. a lot of thais don't care about papers unless they are going to show them. This litter of yorkies, I don't care if anyone calls, I'll just keep all 4!!

post-105946-0-75697500-1433558344_thumb.

I've noticed teacup Scotties going for 35,000 in the classifieds.

I suspect we never even get a sniff of the truly high dollar puppies, though.

I've seen Tibetan mastiffs in Chatuchuk, and they go for $20,000 and up in China. That's 660,000 baht. I'm afraid to even ask the price in Chatuchuk.

295000, not sure on papers or purity