Lufthansa Group start adding fees for bookings via 3rd parties.

yermanee

Years ago I flew with some discount airline from Paris to Madrid. I'd made the booking just a few days before at our hotel and didn't print out the boarding pass. They wanted some ridiculous amount of money to print it for me. Even though it wasn't really needed. Luckily, they found a mistake and printed it there for me.

Seems airlines are doing whatever they can to make extra money now. Ah...the good ol' days of high fares and good service. biggrin.png

Whats next?

Paying 15 Dollars to book on their site tongue.png ?

20 Dollars for seat reservation?

30 Dollars for food and beverage on long haul?

Paying for every kilo of baggage?

Nice way to produce good advertisement prices.

Look at the low cost carriers here (Air Asia, Nok Air e.g.).

Edited by KhunBENQ

LCC carriers aren't always cheaper, I booked a flight from Amsterdam to London next month and British Airways was 36.00 cheaper than Easyjet, on a like for like basis, not a massive saving but a saving nevertheless.

"Like by like" is the keyword.

The LCC in Thailand are good on this:

creating luring prices with no baggage, extra fee for EVERY way of payment (which is fraud to my opinion) and what else.

As always we have a choice. 4 of is went last month from BKK to Krabi with Air Asia. No complaints. Got exactly what we paid for. Saved about 15k compared to TG.

For long distance prefer any of the Gulf Carriers.

LCC carriers aren't always cheaper, I booked a flight from Amsterdam to London next month and British Airways was 36.00 cheaper than Easyjet, on a like for like basis, not a massive saving but a saving nevertheless.

LCCs sell the cheap seats early, and get more expensive as the plane fills up - I think their business models includes the words 'desperate', 'punter', 'last minute', and 'mwahahaha' in there somewhere. tongue.png

I keep an eye on airfares between Thailand and Oz. Air Asia X is more expensive than full service airlines at times. Seems you have to book waaaay ahead or wait for a sale.