Hearing testing for US VA benefits

mhortig

I need to have my hearing tested to support a disability claim with the U.S.Veterans Administration.. Has anyone had this done in Chiangmai? The requirements are very specific. Must be a liscensed audiologist and two tests are required 1) Maryland CNC test 2) Puretone audio metric test.

I fanyone knows of such a facility please let me know. I live in Phitsanulok and would prefer to have it done in Chiangmai but I would consider other locations. Thanks.

In Chiang Mai I went to CM Ram Hospital. I had a hearing trauma (fireworks). The MD saw me and sent me to the audiologist, an older, experienced lady who spoke excellent English. She had an audiology lab that seemed well equipped. I don't know about the specific tests you need, but do check with Ram. I came away from there with a computer generated map of my hearing loss.

I had my hearing test for the VA performed at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok - it was not their first rodeo with the VA.

As you probably already know, the following VA forms are required:

• Hearing Loss and Tinnitus Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ)
  • Form 21-4138 (optional but supportive)

• VCAA Notice Response (Optional but helps speed up the process)

Realistically, don't expect more than a 10% disability. It took about 18 months to have my claim successfully processed.

My tax dollars at work.

The VA is supported by tax dollars paid by people with respect. If you don't qualify, your payments could be used to clean toilets in the Senate building or some place with worse shit if there is one.

IMHO, when the U.S. goes to war, the cost to the nation is far more than the cost of the guns and bullets; it is also more than the cost of the brave young men and women who sacrificed their lives for their country. Serving in the military takes a physical toll on the bodies of the nation's youth that wear out before their time. Most veterans suffer hearing loss and osteoarthritis early in their lives as a result of their service. Many suffer from PTSD for years after discharge. And of course, some are wounded and maimed and must learn to live with their new disabilities.

The cost of the guns and bullets is very small in comparison to the cost of what the country owes its heroes. Cost of war: 10% for guns and bullets; 90% to take care of the young men and women who were sent in harm's way.

IMHO, when the U.S. goes to war, the cost to the nation is far more than the cost of the guns and bullets; it is also more than the cost of the brave young men and women who sacrificed their lives for their country. Serving in the military takes a physical toll on the bodies of the nation's youth that wear out before their time. Most veterans suffer hearing loss and osteoarthritis early in their lives as a result of their service. Many suffer from PTSD for years after discharge. And of course, some are wounded and maimed and must learn to live with their new disabilities.

The cost of the guns and bullets is very small in comparison to the cost of what the country owes its heroes. Cost of war: 10% for guns and bullets; 90% to take care of the young men and women who were sent in harm's way.

Also covered up but the fact that for every soldier who is killed one will commit suicide.

My tax dollars at work.

The VA is supported by tax dollars paid by people with respect. If you don't qualify, your payments could be used to clean toilets in the Senate building or some place with worse shit if there is one.

I've got no problem with most of what the VA does. The disability benefits are too easy to get, though.

An example: http://www.veteranslawblog.org/sleep-apnea-va-disability-rating/

Edited by mesquite