District Officials confirm ban on the sale and use of Shisha in Pattaya

Lite Beer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'scuse my ignorance but what is shisha , is it related to shisha kabab or a little weed that grows in my garden ?

hookah_pipe.jpg

• Hookahs/ Shishas are water pipes that are used to smoke specially made tobacco that comes in different flavors, such as apple, mint, cherry, chocolate, coconut, licorice, cappuccino, and watermelon.1,2
  • Although many users think it is less harmful, hookah smoking has many of the same health risks as cigarette smoking.1,2
  • Hookah is also called narghile, argileh, shisha, hubble-bubble, andgoza.1,2
  • Hookahs vary in size, shape, and style.2
  • A typical modern hookah has a head (with holes in the bottom), a metal body, a water bowl, and a flexible hose with a mouthpiece.3,4
  • Hookah smoking is typically done in groups, with the same mouthpiece passed from person to person.

Thanks for that but post 37 says shisha is imported tobacco, so it may not just be me. I was ok with hubble-bubble pipe but never heard of shisha but then I don't live in a town where they appear at the bar. Quite fancy one ,will see if the Lotus has them tomorrow, Cheers Phil.

I am sure the arabs will not be very pleased about this, prostitution is also officially illegal so I guess they dont have to worry too much.

We only can hope and pray that it comes true.

Why? People smoking Shissha don't disturb anyone or cause any trouble.

Most likely because it is starting to take a bite out of Big Tobacco's profits. The tobacco monopoly has a lot of pull in Thailand.

As far as I am concerned it is a good move anyway. All the streets of S. Pattaya are line with Arabs sitting around smoking this crap, and many

young Thais are starting to get addicted to it.

I have also found that they are smoking it inside many Go-Go Bars now as well. Stinks up the whole place & makes it almost impossible to breath. I, as a customer can just walk out, but I feel sorry for all the staff that have to breathe that crap for 8 or 9 hours a day, in an enclosed building.

Come to think of it, maybe they can reduce the number of Arabs sitting around scheming & scamming every day while they are at it.

Best do do something now before it is too late.

Poor Pattaya

Do I detect a touch of racism herecoffee1.gif

When is an observation and speculation, racist?

Do we detect a lack of appreciation of black humour here?