You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Tax Returns

Hello,

I am asking for help from some of our better Thai readers/writers please.

I am looking to buy a small company here and have received the last three years' audited financials, all in Thai, of course.

I downloaded the English version of the tax return P.N.D. 50 and have managed to understand pretty much most of it. My issue is with the section detailing the Selling and Administration Expenses. The English version has only 24 entries whereas the completed Thai version of the form has 31 entries. I have tried but failed to translate the entries so I need help please. I have attached one of the years' sheets.

Before anyone goes off on me, Yes I am learning Thai but as a native English and French speaker (and a bit old to boot) I find it slow and difficult. I am using the Learn Thai From a White Guy course (learn Thai in 10 days my arse!!) but intend to hire a private language tutor is I buy the company.

Many thinks in advance if someone could just translate the 31 labels for me.

I would be more than happy to buy beers for the favour.

regards

Sam

post-232868-0-37481400-1433645677_thumb.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Sam

I commend you on researching your prospective business, but please be aware that the audited accounts may be very different to the reality. The accounts may be understated or overstated.

I have found, however, that the best things to look at are purchase invoices. If you know the business sector well then it would be very difficult for the vendor to put forward inaccurate statements about profit and loss.

Archived