Banking

luckyluck

Kasikorn has branches everywhere. Phuket Town, Patong, Karon, Kata, Chalong, Talang, etc. But you might have trouble open an account with a tourist visa. You would need to show your villa papers to prove residency in Thailand. All depends on your local bank managers interpretation of the banking rukes. Some make it easy, some do not.

It would be nice to also hear reports about successfully getting internet banking on a tourist visa. I've been a good customer with BKK Bank for years but they wont give me internet banking. Krungsri did, with the help of my land lord.

It would be nice to also hear reports about successfully getting internet banking on a tourist visa. I've been a good customer with BKK Bank for years but they wont give me internet banking. Krungsri did, with the help of my land lord.

Kasikorn Bank gave me a bank account, account passbook, ATM debit card and internet banking, linked to prepaid sim card phone number for OTP's, all on a tourist visa.

I was impressed with their service.

Have been with SCB for years after leaving Kasikorn (Thai Farmers) due to problems with them, have had internet banking with SCB for a long time and no problems.

Only problem with SCB is that their ATM cards are the card of choice for scanning scammers.

Touch wood haven't had that problem...........so far!!

But yeah your correct, was a spate of that but seems to have quietened down a bit, fingers crossed.

Make sure you get SMS alerts and set a withdrawal limit on the account. Anytime funds are accessed you get an SMS. Also have an account on your Internet banking you can transfer funds to to prevent being cleaned out

Make sure you get SMS alerts and set a withdrawal limit on the account. Anytime funds are accessed you get an SMS. Also have an account on your Internet banking you can transfer funds to to prevent being cleaned out

Yes. Ideally, one should have two bank accounts.

The first account, a passbook account with no ATM card attached, holding the majority of funds, and the second account, with an ATM card attached, that is used for day to day living expenses.

Then, through internet banking, requiring a OTP, funds are moved from the main passbook account, onto the account with the ATM card, to be withdrawn at will.

This ensures, in the event your ATM card is skimmed, your loss is minimal.