World acclaim for Thai students' invention to help coral reefs

webfact

Looking at the website from the Geneva exhibition, it is obvious that the event is an entirely commercial venture to promote the inventions of the entrants. The best prize to win, of course, would be lucrative commercial contract.

At the end of the promotional materials for the show, it lists dozens of specific named prizes to be awarded. At the end of this list of prizes, it says "GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE MEDALS will be awarded to the inventions displaying the qualities required by the International Jury". Since the Nation article cited them as winning a "Golden Award", I presume that they received on of these.

http://www.inventions-geneva.ch/images/pdf/E-Depliant-exposants.pdf

Has anyone verified the statement from the Nation?

Funny how just like Thai's we believe what we are told, without checking the facts

I couldn't find much and that Video looks like it was from the Thailand Inventors Day

You know, that is a great question"thhMan". I actually thought the same thing when I read the headline, but after reading the article I just took it at face value. It was so nice and positive.

I just did a diversified search using different search criteria and couldn't find anything. I did find three or four other news websites regurgitating the same article from "The Nation". They all had a link pointing back to "The Nation". I could find no other independent publication or any website at all detailing this accomplishment or anything about this award.

Next I tried to find this "Golden Award" in Geneva and the ONLY reference I could find to a Golden Award was in the city of Montreux by Lake Geneva for awards given for an Advertising and Multi-media competition.

I also did a search on the name of one of the winners and found only references to something called "Idolbin".

Please let us know if anyone else finds any independent references.

Apart from the PDF, still nothing...

Sure, there is an event.... But nothing saying the Thai students won....

Edited by thhMan