Sabah official blames Malaysia earthquake on naked tourists

webfact

Tourist who went naked on Mount Kinabalu arrested

9-6-2558-10-11-56-wpcf_728x413.jpg

(MALAYSIA) The Star Online reported that one of the foreign tourists from a group of 10 wanted by police for stripping and urinating on top of Mount Kinabalu on May 30 has been arrested.

The suspect is believed to be part of a group of 27 climbers who scaled the mountain on May 30, when 10 of them posed naked and started urinating on the mountain, photographs of which went viral on social media.

This sparked anger among Kadazandusun indigenous tribes elders who said such antics insulted them as they consider the mountain sacred ground.

Sabah police chief Datuk Sallehuddin Abdul Rahman said a 38-year old European was arrested while trying to leave for the Philippines after arriving from Tawau at about 4.20 Monday.

Sallehuddin said police would record his statement before taking the next course of action.

The case is being investigated under Section 290 of the Penal Code for public nuisance, which carries a fine of up to RM400.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourist-who-went-naked-on-mount-kinabalu-arrested

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-09

how did they know who they were? Snitches? Torture? Looked at naked pics?

Climbers go up in organized groups with guides.180 - 200 in one day is the limit.So,there are the records and there is the witness - local guide,who had been called names by offenders,when he tried to intervene.

If only stupidity were an industry listed on the stock exchange - I would bet the bank on it, cause it is clearly on the rise!

Tobacco stocks are pretty close to it. If you need convincing, take a trip to Indonesia.

Why is it that Westerners are supposed to show respect for other people's opinions and beliefs however insane they are whilst traveling overseas, yet let the insane beliefs and antisocial behavior of some foreigners go completely unchallenged at home? The UK is a perfect example of this. I'm convinced that Sharia zones and polygamy are going to cause the volcano under Edinburgh castle to erupt should such silliness be allowed to continue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11668771/Getting-naked-on-a-mountain-in-Malaysia-isnt-half-as-offensive-as-what-we-let-foreigners-do-in-Britaina.html

Getting naked on a mountain top is a way of communing with nature. The gods of the mountain should have been delighted.

Of course, the purported gods of the mountain are made in man's own image, proxies for local people's own narrow-minded values. The tourists had it right.

It's happening now on a weekly basis: society's hysteria at some perceived slight - a kind of mass butthurt. Taking offence is a sign of low self-esteem. Everyone should just lighten up. Innocent people's lives are being ruined.

Oh, I thought the earthquake happened because Allah was pissed off about Muslim religious police raping girls they find walking around after curfew - in order to teach them a lesson about being chaste and good Muslims. My mistake. I guess the Sabah Iman has a more direct line to Muslim karma brokers than I do.

I banged a married woman on Mt Kinabalu almost 9 years ago.

Was there an eruption that day ?

I'd venture there was not only an eruption of organic fluids, there was also a prior erection .....of three mani stones in commemoration. There may have also been a swelling of magma (vulva cunnilingmasma) ....and protruding twin spots (mamaliria nipplelodium), but I wasn't there, so it's all conjecture, except for Allah - who sees and passes judgement on all us hominids do. Was that the day of the Boxer Day tsunami?

Come to think of it, why is Allah so fixated with just this one breed of hominids, and why is He so reactionary? If I was God, I'd much rather focus on species which are cleaner and weren't so riven with problems, such as fish or birds. Maybe God was angry that day. The God of the Muslims sounds like he's angry every day, and isn't shy about venting his anger.

Primitive beliefs are rife - around the world. Old men in Africa believe F@king a virgin without a condom will cure them of AIDS. All Thais believe in ghosts. We're taught to believe that belief in hocus pocus is kinda cute, and won't do any harm. Well, tell that to the kids who are killed each year because they're believed to harbor ill-omens because they're albino or have some other unique physical characteristic.

Or even tell that to the families of those tragically misguided souls who turn to homeopathy before checking out whether conventional medicine has proven and tested ways help to treat their cancer, brain tumour, asthma or indeed AIDS.

Perhaps this ring of fire type activity might be due to a gold medal winning Malaysian gymnast showing her Aurat (genitalia) through her costume. It upset some bearded loons so why not Mother Nature too?

Or how about the morons acted illegaly and thats why they were charged. They were not charged with anything to do with an offence against culture.

But you knew that and still couldnt resist a swipe.