Lifted truck limits

Anyone know if there is a height limit for jacking up trucks, and if so where to find it in writing, and does it have to be recorded in Bluebook? I can't find a reference anywhere in Thailand!

Good question....I haven't found anything myself but I'm pretty sure that mods need to be registered on the blue book and you need to tell your insurance company.

however.....when it comes to finding anyone who actually HAS changed their blue book............

There are a lot of roadworthy issues raising/lifting a pickup how much you, personally, want to be responsible for is probably more the question than the actual law in Thailand ......if you look at other countries and the mods they permit to be made, you'll see only a few in the States, less in Oz and virtually none on the roads of Europe......as each region has stricter roadworthy parameters..

None in France, it's right , but never forget that if you broke an electric line or a phone one , it will be to you to pay ;

the minimum heigh for electric or phone lines is 6 meters in France ; but many bridges over main roads or motor way are lower than 6 meters ...sometimes less than 5 meters , even on motorways .

and in Thailand I have seen that nearly all bridges upon the roads are at 5,5 m high; so don't load more ...

None in France, it's right , but never forget that if you broke an electric line or a phone one , it will be to you to pay ;

the minimum heigh for electric or phone lines is 6 meters in France ; but many bridges over main roads or motor way are lower than 6 meters ...sometimes less than 5 meters , even on motorways .

and in Thailand I have seen that nearly all bridges upon the roads are at 5,5 m high; so don't load more ...

that'd be one hell of a lift! - have you checked the opverhead cables in Thailand??????

BTW - the main problem I get is multi-storey car parks.... i can never trust their minimum height signs..........

Edited by cumgranosalum

Cop gave us a ticket for being jacked up to high, never measured anything, and couldn't tell us what the law was, just charged 400 TB fine and we didn't pay it right there he was going to keep license. This is bullshit. Now I do have a 6 inch lift on a Vigo and Cooper 285/75/16 on it. It is in this months Off Road's magazines as dress out truck!

Cop gave us a ticket for being jacked up to high, never measured anything, and couldn't tell us what the law was, just charged 400 TB fine and we didn't pay it right there he was going to keep license. This is bullshit. Now I do have a 6 inch lift on a Vigo and Cooper 285/75/16 on it. It is in this months Off Road's magazines as dress out truck!

A few years back a Thai girl I knew got a ticket for not wearing a crash helmet......she was in a car......

Been talking about the issue of car mods just last night.

Thai friends suggest that all mods be communicated to the insurance.

All mods that change the vehicle dynamics should also be entered in the blue book.

if there is an accident, the insurance guy can choose to discharge responsibility if mods are not in the blue book and let the police handle the issue.

this is from direct experience,

yes in Europe any mods not on the car registration results in mandatory car check up after having removed all extra parts, even emission related.