Change Of Owner And District

deanow

I have just bought a second hand car in Phuket and I live in Koh Samui. I tried to change the ownership to my name in Samui but was told I had to go to Suratthani to re-register the car on Suratthani plates.

I have a work permit, non imm visa, the blue book, copies of the sellers passport that runs out in 2 days, a notification of his address from the immigration office in Phuket and 3 forms that are signed by the seller but are all in Thai so not sure what they are.

Can anyone let me know if

- i have all the documentation I need?

- i have to go to Suratthani?

- Where I would have to go in Suratthani?

- How much it would cost?

Help needed URGENTLY!!!

I had a simililar circumstance and had to go to the registration office in which the seller had registered the car. Ask a Thai speaker to contact the land transport department to check on your requirement. The officials know exactly what they need.

You should find the contact details here: http://www.dlt.go.th/skp4/index.html

Edited by Margo

• 3 weeks later...

If you have all the paperwork ... just take it in to the kohn Song Jangwat SuratThani ... should be painless and inexpensive. Not sure how long you'll have to wait for new tags though!

I recently got it all done for my bike here in Phuket .... the pain in the butt was getting all the right paperwork from the dealership in HuaHin <bought it new but they failed to get it registered .... was easy to do here and hard in Prachuap>

Edited by jdinasia

If you have all the paperwork ... just take it in to the kohn Song Jangwat SuratThani ...

that's my question, what is "all the paperwork"? my wife called kohn Song Jangwat SuratThani 3 times and got 3 different answers!

its clear you need the tabien rot, copy of sellers id card (assuming thai) and tabien baan. one person suggested some kind of power of attourney form also. anything else? this is a private seller and as far as i know, there is no company on Ko Phangan that will do it all for me.

steve