Todays Channel 11 News

womble

Did anyone see tonights channel 11 news?

Again not what i'm used to seeing on Thai TV. He made it very clear that the commerce minister was being a coward and not standing up to Thaksin. He gave examples of what he should do and basically said he wasn't doing his job.

This is the strongest I have heard any presenter on Thai TV talk in a very long time.

He said if he wants to be the next prime minister he has to stand up to Thaksin.

I wonder if members of TRT may turn on Thaksin to save their own skins, of whether they're all in so deep it's not possible as too much dirt will be racked up for them.

He also mentioned Duncan Mccargo's reports, told viewers to read this:

http://www.feer.com/articles1/2006/0609/free/p023.html

Which he said he couldn't talk about on the programme.

Edited by womble

Did anyone see tonights channel 11 news?

Again not what i'm used to seeing on Thai TV. He made it very clear that the commerce minister was being a coward and not standing up to Thaksin. He gave examples of what he should do and basically said he wasn't doing his job.

This is the strongest I have heard any presenter on Thai TV talk in a very long time.

He said if he wants to be the next prime minister he has to stand up to Thaksin.

I wonder if members of TRT may turn on Thaksin to save their own skins, of whether they're all in so deep it's not possible as too much dirt will be racked up for them.

He also mentioned Duncan Mccargo's reports, told viewers to read this:

http://www.feer.com/articles1/2006/0609/free/p023.html

Which he said he couldn't talk about on the programme.

The McCargo report is not easily available here but makes significant assertions regarding intervention by a non political power previously referenced by Thaksin over the last 30 years for a variety of reasons. That's why it can't be talked about, and I have some doubts with some of the assertions myself although probably 80% of it is well on the money. I think their intepretation of 1992 implies indecision whereas I see it as pragmatic action which had to succeed. At least that would be what I would think if I read it.

It is from the Pacific Review Vol 18 No 4, Dec 2005 pp 499-519

Called Network m............ and legitimacy crises in Thailand by Duncan McCargo

Apparently. :o

I am fairly sure all the Dems have read it; maybe a few of the TRT people; since there is not a cartoon version I am unsure if the PM would read it?!